• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Sadie from RDR2. What she doing all that time when Arthur is out and about, know what I mean.

sadie-red-dead-redemption-2-1151415.jpeg

Word, my favorite character in the game. Just give me a stand-alone expansion with her.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It's not something I'd care to see now, but as a kid, I always thought it'd be cool to have a game showing what Zero was doing during the events of Mega Man X1.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Marlene in The Last of Us.

Seeing the way she lost most of the Fireflies going across the country would have been really interesting.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
In this version, you would be a knight with a wolf trying to keep the worst from happening, fighting through hordes of enemies while a city falls - and soon, the world. You, as the knight, sacrifice yourself in order to save your loved wolf, a strange helps you get out from the fallen city. Now you are playing as the wolf, coming back to the kingdom, and keeping the grave with your master's belongings until you are beaten by a powerful person, you recognize him/her, but have to fight until the death.

Dark Souls, but from the perspective of Artorias and Sif.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Uhhh... I always wanted to be able to play as the Decipticons in Transformers: Devastation. I bet it would be really cool, like if you could transform into a jet and fly around if you were one of the "Seekers," (Starscream and Starscream palette-swaps) or even if you were one of the Constructicons and... you know.

Not sure if this really fits what OP is asking though, since I think they'd have to write a new scenario for such a thing, so I guess what I'm really asking for is a Decpticon expansion DLC (either way, none of this is ever happening).

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Funny enough, that's actually something!

n4v9q3401fj01.jpg

Though not set concurrently with FFVII, Before Crisis was a Japanese Phone game (old phone) where you played as one of a huge variety of Turks with different weapons and styles. One of these Turks even became a canon character in Crisis Core!

before-crisis-turk-heads.jpg

The story revolves around a major terrorist conflict occurring during the Wutai war, between ShinRa and Avalanche. However, this isn't Barret and a couple of goofballs, oh no. At this time, it was a Major organization with hundreds of members, headed by a woman named Elfe, with a piece of summon materia embedded in her body.

The whole game, your selected Turk would go on various missions all round Midgar and the world to combat Avalance, and it was kinda neat.

As far as I know, the game hasn't gotten any coded translation, but the whole game and all it's words and such were soft translated a bajillion time's over. You can look up YouTube video playthroughs with the English edited into the textboxes, or just look up mission summaries.

Overall, I think it's a shame we couldn't get this reworked into at least a smartphone release, but it was a pretty low profile thing anyway, so what can you do. Still neat to get perspective on the Turks though, and rad to see Avalanche realized as a major organization.

I could of sworn i read awhile back that SE had plans to make a 3DS port of this, if true I guess it was scrapped?

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
MĂ©xico - United States
Any Halo game as a Sangheili.

Halo 5 as the Master Chief. This isn't a dig against the game, though - I'd be really interested to see the perspective of the Chief during certain parts of the story.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
BioShock as McClintock. She had an interesting back story and it would be cool to see things from her perspective as rapture first began to crumble.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Agro from Shadow of the Colossus. You do your best, gallop like a demon for hours on hours, run straight at the big buggers but every now and then you have enough and refuse to follow the path as he's always kicking you. Then he asks you for one last thing....and you say no son you can make that jump easy and dip. Run back out over the bridge, find a nice stable and have a rest.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Funny enough, that's actually something!

n4v9q3401fj01.jpg

Though not set concurrently with FFVII, Before Crisis was a Japanese Phone game (old phone) where you played as one of a huge variety of Turks with different weapons and styles. One of these Turks even became a canon character in Crisis Core!

before-crisis-turk-heads.jpg

The story revolves around a major terrorist conflict occurring during the Wutai war, between ShinRa and Avalanche. However, this isn't Barret and a couple of goofballs, oh no. At this time, it was a Major organization with hundreds of members, headed by a woman named Elfe, with a piece of summon materia embedded in her body.

The whole game, your selected Turk would go on various missions all round Midgar and the world to combat Avalance, and it was kinda neat.

As far as I know, the game hasn't gotten any coded translation, but the whole game and all it's words and such were soft translated a bajillion time's over. You can look up YouTube video playthroughs with the English edited into the textboxes, or just look up mission summaries.

Overall, I think it's a shame we couldn't get this reworked into at least a smartphone release, but it was a pretty low profile thing anyway, so what can you do. Still neat to get perspective on the Turks though, and rad to see Avalanche realized as a major organization.
I would love a pseudo remake of this. The Turks are the most interesting part of the FFVII universe.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I very badly want a FFXIII-2 game from Caius's POV. Everything about that character was great, and I think it would be cool to explore.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
SKYWARD SWORD AS ZELDA
she does so much behind the scenes and you even see some of her (funny) adventure in the end credits
I love how whimsical she looks on her quest and it would be amazing to experience it in full

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
The Judges from FFXII. It's be cool to have one Gambit for one badass character and possibly be able to order Imperial troops around like Overlord or something.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Hey, have you ever played a game and wished that you can experience it from another character perspective? Either it is a Villain, a Main/side character or even an NPC.

For me i want to experience the Metal Gear Solid series from "Revolver Ocelot" point of view:

metal_gear_solid_conceptart_SjfgX.jpg
You got my example right in the OP, so I'll go with DMC as a close second instead. Would love to see what some of the games would be like from other main characters perspectives.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo but from an actual ODST/Marine perspective. I was hoping Halo 3 ODST would be this but you were just playing as a gimped spartan. Even then, the weakness wasn't that noticeable.

I'd love a spin off that is more gritty and dangerous. Elites fill you with dread basically a boss at that point that need clever tactics to take down as you would never win a 1 on 1 fight with one. Taking out a hunter is a monumental task. You can't just tank damage. Imagine Ghost Recon like gameplay, but you fight aliens and some of the aliens are much stronger than you.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
jsrqUU0.png

Star Ocean 4 as Crowe because A) It can't be as bad as what we got and B) The guy does all the cool stuff in the story before you get there every time.
Oh... and C) he's not a whiny little shit like Edge.

Nov 1, 2017
Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot as Bandana Waddle Dee. He was always somehow ahead of Kirby wherever he went, so he must have taken a different route.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I really wanted that planned Cybil scenario in Silent Hill 1. The GBA game doesn't count.

Ada Wong's full journey in RE2 / RE2make.

There's probably tonnesssss more that I could think of so I'll probably leave it at that for now.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Pokemon from a professor's perspective. No idea how it would actually work as a game, but it'd be fun to do actual research, cataloging, and experiments.