• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
NO UNMARKED SPOILERS UNTIL A WEEK AFTER THE SHOW HAS AIRED. YOU CAN POST UNMARKED SPOILERS ON DECEMBER 7th.

dark_us.jpg

What is it about?
A family saga with a supernatural twist, set in a German town, where the disappearance of two young children exposes the relationships among four families.
*essentially, it is a crime drama time travel show in midst the fear of atom radiaton/energy in den 80ern Deutschlands.

How many episodes are there?
10 episodes á ~1h.

Where an when is it out?
All episodes will be available on Netlix December 1st, 2017.

- MEDIA:

netflix-dark-trailer-00.jpg

dark-netflix-jonas-cave.jpg

Dark-01.jpg

dark-netflix.jpg

- Link to the show on Netflix

- Quote from the maker of the show, Baran bo Odar:

"We're very excited to shoot the first Netflix original series, made in Germany. To be part of the family that brought amazing shows like House of Cards and Bloodline to its audience is a huge honor. As Dark will be an ensemble mystery series, I especially look forward to discovering and working with new German talent. This will be a fantastic ride and I can't wait to get started."

- Writer Jantje Friese:

"The way Dark was embraced by Netflix was extraordinary. We're so happy to be making this show in Germany for Netflix subscribers around the world to enjoy. We couldn't be happier to team up again with Quirin Berg, Max Wiedemann and Justyna Müsch as production partners, who have already shown with Who Am I that they can take an idea the extra mile."

"Dark is an incredible German story that will appeal to a global audience." said Erik Barmack, Vice President International Originals at Netflix. "Bo and Jantje are creative talents that have developed great projects in both Berlin and Hollywood, and we are thrilled to be working with them on our first original series entirely authored, shot and produced in Germany."

- Reviews:
darkkfq8v.png

Verdorbene Tomaten

jKpNSk0.png

Last edited:

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So as a German-speaking person, should I watch this in German?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I hope it's good.

Come on Deutschland. Du schaffst das!

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is Matthias Schweighöfer in this?

If not, I don't believe that this is a German production!!!

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit confused, is this dubbed also? Can't remember last time i seen a dub that's not a cartoon or anime.

fwoibles

Oct 30, 2017
Not too keen on newer stuff because I'm always rewatching MASH but I'll give this a go, production from dat dere Fatherland.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Good job including the official DeutschERA crying Adler in the OP there, Kenzo.

Muss.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Completely forgot this was a things. Was pretty hyped when I saw the trailer a few months ago. I will definitly give this a shot tomorrow!

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Explains why I am seeing advertisement posters for the show all around town. Had no idea this was a German production. Oh well, I'll give it a try. But I don't expect too much after Babylon Berlin, which wasn't terrible but not the long awaited revolution.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It actually looks quite good for Netflix. Don't know what you mean.
What does that even mean?
Netflix has a lot of high quality TV Shows, but this is not one of them. There are german productions I like a lot, i.e. The Lives of Others, Der Untergang, Das Experiment (movies, but german productions nonetheless) but this doesn't look compelling at all.
Don't like the colors, acting seems serviceable at best, unraveling of the mystery looks cheap judging by the trailer.

OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first episode.

I like the cinematography. The soundtrack is also quite nice. Listening to German (as a German) feels weird. It has nudity as expected. Story is intriguing.
Don't know if that's a spoiler, but to me it seems like:

People from now are getting kidnapped into the 80s.

What does that even mean?
Netflix has a lot of high quality TV Shows, but this is not one of them. There are german productions I like a lot, i.e. The Lives of Others, Der Untergang, Das Experiment (movies, but german productions nonetheless) but this doesn't look compelling at all.
Don't like the colors, acting seems serviceable at best, unraveling of the mystery looks cheap judging by the trailer.

It means that it looks good. I don't feel like I need to discuss this with you since you seem to have made up your mind about this.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, didn't know this was coming so soon. Gonna check it out, thanks. Curious to see how the first German Netflix series turned out.