• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Every time I see an empty bump I take one step further down the road to becoming Adam

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man we'll have to watch the entire thing again before the final season. It's gonna be great.

Oct 25, 2017
See I thought the antagonists/etc in Mad Max Fury Road were viewed to be quite intimidating but as an Aussie I couldn't take them seriously.

That might be something that people native to Germany will go through in this show, over-acting or not.

The show has had to drop its mystery a lot though and is resorting to characters dropping lots of exposition, however elegant or not.

In the third/final season we're likely going to see
much of what shows do these days and any other alternate doppelganger situations are always a fun opportunity for the actors (Flash is a big recent example, but Lost of course did it too).

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Getting ready to dive into the existential abyss of season 3 like

giphy.gif

Let's gooo

demon326

Nov 3, 2017
Here is the german trailer for S03:
www.youtube.com

Dark – Staffel 3 | Ankündigung | Netflix

Der letzte Zyklus beginnt bald. Kann der Kreislauf endlich durchbrochen werden? Findet es heraus … ab 27. Juni exklusiv auf Netflix. „Dark“ auf Netflix anseh...

Translation:

You must have many questions
Shall we get started?
The end is the beginning
And the beginning is the end
Why am I here?
Where are we going?
Everything in life goes in cycles
But this time it will be the last cycle
Can we change the course of events?
Where did you send her/them?
This knot can only be untied by destroying it completely
It's all true...
You will understand everything...
... when the time comes to understand
---
The last cycle begins
The last cycle ends

Last edited:

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait! Love how they stuck through the date. Seriously my favorite Netflix show along with the oa.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that was a dramatic trailer. Kinda happy I don't know what's being said, want to go in as dark (heh) as possible.

Is this confirmed to be the final season?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait do we know who the three versions of the man who are burning the room supposed to be? I don't remember them.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Maybe I should rewatch the first 2 seasons... I was kinda lost watching 2 one year after 1, and things will probably be even more convoluted lol

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow this show got even more convoluted. Hope this last season manages to answer all the remaining questions, I will be very disappointed if not.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just wrapping up episode 5 and not feeling it, but then again, I wasn't feeling much of S2 either.

EDIT: Just finished it! My non spoiler thoughts below (I'll spoiler them because I don't want to color any expecations, but I will go into no detail of what actually happens)

I didn't like it, though my thoughts are echoed. I liked S1 until (to me) they pulled a Deus Ex Machina at the end, S2 is the exact same (but better TBH) and Season 3 to me felt like more of that, convoluting the plot for the sake of it. I watched it with a friend who said she'd recommend people only watch the very last episode, and while I'm not sure I'd say that this is for sure the worst season.

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
S2>S1>S3 The give the overall show an 8/10. It starts slow and tries too much with its stakes but there is an ending and it´s about what you would think.

I recommend Crime Scene Cleaner, Deutschland 83/86 (soon 89), the very short Generation War and How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) if you want to see the few other good German shows from the last decade. I conder giving Babylon Berlin a few more eps. But these have nothing to do with Dark yet one German show is a bit like it.
Aka German Twin Peaks. The David Lynch directed stuff that is. It was way too good/"mature" for being produced by the national station and released before the digital revolution so it flopped hard. A typical case of only critics watching it and no one reads TV critics. I myself only show the show 2 years ago. Thx Imdb. The lack of a real ending sucks but fans of Dark and the darker end of Twin Peaks will love it. Have fun with subtitles with some of these but preferably all of these.

Edit: The best European show not from England is the still ongoing Gomorrah. It´s as good as The Sopranos. Watch more foreign productions you all. Reading subs never hurt a soul.

Last edited:

finally

Jul 22, 2019
Season 3 is very convoluted soo far and I'm only at episode 3, I'm starting to think that they over did it, however I will watch it again for sure like I did for s1&2 as this is the only way to truly understand everything at least for me.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the first season. It gave me a lot of Lost feelings ( the good, the bad and the special effects aka the ugly), so I am kinda scared to keep watching it and feel the same way in the end.

To be honest, it gave me the push to finally watch Twin Peaks.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I just started watching season three and I'll be honest, I'm so fucking confused. I think I left it too long from season 2 as I can barely remember who all the chars are... and then I'm confused by
new world versions of them.

My wife just started watching season 1. I'm going to let her catch up and then she can explain it to me like I'm an idiot!

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Finally finished last season.
It was a great ride, very convoluted at some times, but quite simple and straight forward in hindsight in the end.

I need to sleep on it a bit, but I think I liked it. Yeah, definitely.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the first season and the entire time i was screaming search the damn cave..

How the hell does a boy goes missing near a suspicious looking cave and the first response is to just seal the entrance? what? they needed to have 100 people investigating every inch of that cave.

Maybe it will be explained later.. onward to second season!