• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
vknforl258241.png

The source is "The World of Cyberpunk 2077 deluxe edition" on Amazon Japan. Doesn't seem like the full map but it's pretty small.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks OG Watch Dogs size, but with what I assume is huge vertical spaces.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Map size doesn't concern me as long as the content is high quality.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Looks about right? Seems theres a bit more of the left page and by the map reveal in the first trailer theres a bit more above too

4lnt4zbar4611.jpg

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer a smaller, dense world for a game like this. I want something closer to the Hell's Kitchen level in Deus Ex, as opposed to Liberty City.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
big map/small map doesn't matter...the game will be epic...anticipation on the same level as when Half Life 2 was released...GOTY 2020...unless Elden Ring comes out

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
It is gonna be more densefor sure,plus i think they gonna surprise us by either having a second full blown outskirts map or fully created virtual darknet location or smthin like that

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
That seems about right. Those are the main roads, then there are the back alleys, underpasses, interiors (etc.).

HereticGrin

Feb 16, 2018
I prefer a map more dense than size so I'm ok with this
Absolutely, vast barren wastelands SUCK. Witcher 3 was surprisingly good at not going too heavy with scale-for-the-sake-of-it, but still could have been tightened up a bit in some areas, games like Rage 2 and Far Cry 4 comes to mind, especially Rage 2, man it was E.M.P.T.Y.

Just Cause games are terribly repetitive environment-wise with plenty of useless map. No joke I can't remember if I played JC4 or not, it looks exactly like 3.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
So here's downtown Night City from the Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebooks:

M8prSeZ.jpg

Looks like all this would fit just within the center "island" in OP's map. There's going to be a lot of stuff.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about map size anymore. I care about density and meaningful content.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Without a sense of scale this doesn't mean much. Yep, that's an open-world map alright.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Fun fact about Night City: CDPR hired actual real-life city planners to help plot out the city.

"We actually have proper city planners working at CD Projekt RED that're helping plan out Night City.

"They help us figure out how the traffic would work in Night City and how it'd actually make the most sense. How a city would actually grow organically and how it'd flow together, how the traffic would flow through it. So it's actually really interesting to have that part of our game development now. This will be very important to how people will get to explore the city themselves."

CDPR also doesn't really want you to use fast-travel in Night City:

"As with all things, we want to give players a choice, so of course there's the option to fast-travel. But the thing is the way we're designing the city we actually kind of feel like even when you're playing it ourselves, that fast travel is often just...when I play the game I don't want to fast travel. I want to explore the city. We actually try to give you so many interesting things to experience, so many places that tell a story that look interesting, where you have something to do where you can interact with things. We want to give you something new for you at every corner. So I personally don't fast travel a lot. I just put on some music and get on my bike and have a good time."

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Kind of an unpopular opinion, but I don't like the whole 'it's not big but it's more dense' argument for open world games. While I obviously don't want excessive barren areas and paddling, I think there needs to be a middle ground to account for 'down time' in the game, otherwise you constantly feel cornered by game content. For example, Fallout 4 constantly suffered from this, and it ended up feeling like a mediocre theme park. Let's hope CDPR got the density right.