• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
h8cew.jpg
THis gave me a good laugh thank you lol.

Steamed_Hams

Banned
Mar 15, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing concerns from women, ignoring context. Prior infractions for similar behaviour. Account in junior phase.
Lol, for checking someone out? Thats not harassment. By that logic when I wore a V-neck at work on Friday, I had several women looking at my upper chest (I lift bro) - should they all be fired too?

Unless he was pointing and properly signalling then the issue seems to be acknowledging attraction in the workplace?

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Lol, for checking someone out? Thats not harassment. By that logic when I wore a V-neck at work on Friday, I had several women looking at my upper chest (I lift bro) - should they all be fired too?

Unless he was pointing and properly signalling then the issue seems to be acknowledging attraction in the workplace?

The issue is people being made uncomfortable in the workplace. I once got my bottom pinched by a young woman I didn't know in a primarily male office. I didn't feel uncomfortable in context so she got away with it. That was unprofessional behaviour nonetheless.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Did that make you uncomfortable?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Sounds like you need some HR guidance too. Staring and directing someone else to stare too, in the presence of the person being stared at, is harassment.

But you'd know that it was more than checking someone out if you'd have read the OP

Also, I predicted that we'd arrive at "She shouldn't have worn that" some pages back.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is incredible. I'm convinced it's still open as a ploy by mods to let the shitheads out themselves and make their jobs easier.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, guys, steamed hams proposed something interesting.

What if the complete 10 from the OP lifts, bro? Wouldn't that make it okay?

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't had a chance to read every post in the thread but I'm assuming it's filled with people saying there's absolutely nothing wrong with what OP's friend did? Because there totally is. I don't think he should get fired but gesturing to someone to check out how hot someone else is is harassment. I'd feel pretty uncomfortable if someone did that to me.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't had a chance to read every post in the thread but I'm assuming it's filled with people saying there's absolutely nothing wrong with what OP's friend did? Because there totally is. I don't think he should get fired but gesturing to someone to check out how hot someone else is is harassment. I'd feel pretty uncomfortable if someone did that to me.
I wouldn't say filled, but there's a fair number of them, the OP included (albeit he bailed awhile back after his subsequent attempts to explain himself just made things worse), that seems to think there's nothing wrong with the behavior.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

I just want to add that in my company an identical scenario as presented in the OP was specifically used in an example of sexual harassment during training. If you leer at a coworker and they don't like it, it's sexual harassment. Should at the very minimum get a warning and a reminder to grow up.

And as someone who got leered at by coworkers and customers (among other things) when I was a young athletic guy, it did make me very uncomfortable.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Guys do this all the time and it is kind of embarrassing.

If I see someone attractive, I look, but I do not ogle. I just go about my way.

There are a lot of attractive people on the planet, control yourself.