• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Please close this thread.

Also, fuck jontron

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
So much for "A Hat in Time is not coming to Nintendo Switch"

also I was going to link the tweet but they deleted it LMAO

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
dang wasn't expecting it as they seemed pretty adamant about it not happening, good decision though, I imagine it'll do quite well.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
LOL they deleted the tweet!

Still won't buy it. But hey, more power to those who wanted this I guess!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
iSWRr9J.gif

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
wow, I can't believe a developer lied about a game not releasing on another platform.

It'll be great on Switch, so i'm all for it.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, thought they said it was never happening

Still a little conflicted on this game but it seems like something I'd really enjoy

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Played a small chunk of this on PC already after getting it via Humble Monthly, but I might pick it up for Switch where I'd be more likely to actually finish it.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the creator absolutely respond negatively when asked about a Switch port? Seems sort of unexpected, but cool!

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Wonder if there was some kind of tech breakthrough or if Nintendo gave them some help or something.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Nice. I'll pick it up on Switch if the port is decent enough. It'll probably have to wait until I finish Odyssey at some point in the future though.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain

Deleted member 1062

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
add this to the list of games I got on sale on PS4, never even launched, and will eventually finally play on Switch

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Already played and beat it on PC, but it's a really solid experience. People should give it a try if you want a N64 style platformer with a little more challenge.

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually happening! Never thought I'd see the game reach a Nintendo platform. The developers seem to have done nothing but whine about Nintendo development, resources and contract for years. They even flat out insisted it wouldn't come to Switch.

Count me in!

Grylvak

Oct 29, 2017
Triple dipping for Switch. Was part of the Kickstarter and is an amazing game. If you haven't played it and love Super Mario Sunshine-ish platforming with Banjo-Kazooie collectibles, this is your game.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
The game is fantastic, by the way. Please play it. It's absolutely amazing.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
I always thought that there was something fundamental about the game was coded that didn't cooperate with the Switch. I remember seeing that getting Undertale to the switch was an uphill battle for the same reason

Honest answer, I believe the game is built on UE3 which doesn't have great support on the Switch. However, there are other games (Rocket League comes to mind) as running okay on Switch, despite being UE3.

My guess is that they came around on the idea of going through the effort after realizing how well other indie games are selling on the platform.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So much for "A Hat in Time is not coming to Nintendo Switch"

also I was going to link the tweet but they deleted it LMAO

LOLOL

well, I really hope its a decent port, wanted to play for a while, but I am not having much play time, especially on the PC.

The only PC game I am playing this year is La Mulana 2 and that is because I freaking love La Mulana.
That being said it would make my life so much easier if it was on the Switch ( it´ll probably launch eventually but I couldn't hold ), since some weekends I spend on my girlfriends place, so all I can do is think about the puzzles that I am stumped :(

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
If they wanted to turn lemons into lemonade, they'd make a reply to that tweet that said "whoops nevermind lol" or something like that. Missed opportunity to grab some engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.