• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I figured this game was left to die, but out of nowhere came this tweet.

Edit: Hit post a bit too quick. Series S gets 60fps too, and I missed my closing parentheses.

Disclaimer: This game features JonTron as a voice actor. He is toxic and the devs did not remove him.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Nice to see older games still getting supported. Would've liked seeing an 120 FPS option like New Super Lucky's Tale. I would think this game would be able to run at that framerate, no?

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Favorite platformer from last gen. Still haven't got around to the DLC yet, though. Wish the PS4 got a physical release.

Sucks about his inclusion. Bleh.

Last edited:

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Damn, I thought the devs took the money for this rough port job and ran. Respect for finally updating even though they should maybe have done something between those 3+ years.

Game is good though, despite Jon-"Keep the gene pool pure"-Tron.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can live with JonTron being there but I thought the lead dev doxxed and robbed people.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good. I've been waiting for the DLC for ages. And a 60FPS patch to boot. Will definitely give the game a replay for that reason (well, that and the soundtrack)

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good game despite all the baggage. Though totally understandable how it's a deal breaker for people.

I played it on Xbox One X initially but later played the PC version with a friend and was surprised how much was omitted from the console releases. Did they ever add local co-op to the consoles?

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, thank Fuck. I couldn't believe when I started playing this on my PS5 and it still ran choppy.

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
Awesome to hear, though at this point I'll probably just wait to see if it drops on Game Pass or something

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ill play it if it gets added to gamepass maybe.

Ive seen so many movies with actors that are pretty much rapists that im disensitized to projects having shitty people attatched to them pretty much.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, what?

Oddly this is the one game that needs a resolution bump more than a framerate one. Hopefully that's included too.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
The JonTron inclusion, plus the radio silence from the devs on the subject, are the reasons I will never purchase this game.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
Has this studio made anything else since this game? I seem to remember it was being developed for years — I even think I saw the Kickstarter in 2014 or 15

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Just so the meaning behind "toxic" is clear re: Jontron, this paraphrases the main points he argued in great detail for 90 minutes on a public stream:

The racial and ethnic superiority of whites is in danger from legal immigration. Even if immigrants could perfectly integrate into American culture, non-whites would still work their way into the gene pool, which is troubling. Prejudice has been solved, and our problems stem from violent blacks and other non-whites threatening society. Blacks are inherently, genetically criminal in nature, as evidenced by crime rates in the US correlated with those in Africa. Even wealthy blacks commit more crimes than poor whites, demonstrating that economic and environmental factors can't explain how violent the blacks are, other than their race. People who conclude that ethnic and racial discrimination effect our lives to a meaningful degree are living in a fantasy world. Why is it that only white countries have to deal with the lie of racial equality poisoning our immigration system by allowing too many non-whites in? Laws should be changed to protect white social dominance, because the country will be harmed if enough non-whites vote in their own interests.

None of that is an exaggeration of what he said. Jontron's public debate was more than an hour of arguing those points to clarify/illustrate racist concerns he brought up in an even earlier social media post; He was doing overt white supremacist outreach and propaganda. To my knowledge, he never apologized, recanted, or has shown any personal growth since that time. The Hat devs never addressed any of that, and Jontron's contributions were timed so that he could have easily been replaced well before the game's initial release half a year later.

I think it's wonderful that this game is getting a next-gen patch, but the talent involved (and the timeline of when were included) deserves consideration.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
It still shocks me that the son of (iranian?) immigrants of all people was outed as such an ardent white supremacist. Really made me unable to watch him at all.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Who is John Tron? One of the devs?

Jontron is a youtuber who was very popular at the time the game was still in dev. He said some horribly racist things on a stream some years back and never apologized for it or recanted his statements.

He has a very small speaking role in the game and people are very understandably upset that he was never removed.