• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Best viewed in a browser as on mobile the links might not work properly

2017 has been a great year for PC gaming, with lots of impressive games and experiences from Indie developers and big name publishers alike, such as
Hollow Knight, Nier Automata, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, Nioh, Divinity Original Sin 2, Thimbleweed Park, Prey (2017), DanganRonpa V3, Gorogoa, The Evil Within 2, Project Cars 2, Assasin's Creed Origins, Wolfenstein 2, Nex Machina, Tokyo Xanadu, Cuphead, Sonic Mania, Trails of Cold Steel, Zwei Zwei, Night in the woods, Resident Evil 7, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2, What remains of Edith Finch & Life is Strange: Before the Storm just to name a few.

2018 is also shaping up to be another year with interesting titles coming to PC games as well, and I made this thread in order to showcase them.
The list span a variety of genres from various publishers and indie developers alike. Titles that are leaving or entering Early Access, as well as Expansions are featured here as well.
Some of these titles may also release on GOG.com so keep an eye out there if you want to get certain games DRM-Free.
At the very least, the thread should help to bring to light some titles that may interest you, and you can follow the game's development via the developer's webiste, Steam page or twitter.

There are a few points I should note about this list:
1- Keep discussions civil please!
2- Do take the time to watch the trailer/teaser in each game page or at least look at the screenshots to see if a title could interest you.
3- I completely forgot which games have a January release date so you may find some January titles listed around post January titles.
4- Some titles may get delayed, despite this the purpose of this thread remains to spread awareness of the various projects and titles in development for PC (and consoles).
5- EDIT: It appears I reached the max character limit with all the links I posted, so I sadly won't be able to add any more games here.

First off here is a small list of titles that have a confirmed or tentative 2018 release date, but no Steam page yet (as of this post). For some I have linked to their home page where applicable from where you could follow the game's development.
Monster Hunter World
UFO 50
Megaman 11
Devil May Cry HD collection
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Megaman X 1-8
Wargroove
Necrobarista
Magic the Gathering Arena
Jurassic World Evolution
MechWarrior 5
The Bard's Tale IV
Black Clover: Project Knights
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle
Code Vein
Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom
Metal Gear Survive
OK KO! Let's Play Heroes by Capybara games
Soul Calibur VI
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Street Fighter V Season 3 (SF5 will get the free update that turns it into SF5 Arcade Edition)

Click on the images to be taken to a game's steam page (unless stated otherwise). Grab a cuppa or your fav. bevarge and snack, sit back, relax and play some of your favourite music as you explore some of the cool titles that'll be offered through Steam in the coming year.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Looking great.

Also SF 30th anniversary collection and Mega Man X Collection in the same year - omg ;o!

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Great list. Look forward to Far Cry 5, Vampyr and The Last Night.

BTW, I haven't even played more than 10 games in 2017 and we are already talking about 2018. First world problems.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the great list. Many games I did remember where slated for '18. Many other games I never had heard of before.

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see what comes from the PvZ developer.

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, fuck, a Miss Fisher game! I completely forgot it got a mobile game. Huge fan of the show--will probably pick it up.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Oh, fuck, a Miss Fisher game! I completely forgot it got a mobile game. Huge fan of the show--will probably pick it up.
I tend to have a bad habit of insta wishlisting games from seeing either the banner or a few screenshots.
I did not know it is based on a TV show and now I must watch it.

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I tend to have a bad habit of insta wishlisting games from seeing either the banner or a few screenshots.
I did not know it is based on a TV show and now I must watch it.
It's one of my favorite detective shows because it's also a period show. It oozes style and charm, and some of the murders/mysteries are really good.And, really, Phryne is just a badass.

Phryne <3. The show is based on books, but I never read them, unfortunately. People say the show is actually better than the books because of the strong performances.

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
I'm going to be broke next year and there is a load of stuff I need to grab from this year.

Great thread.

Raine

Nov 21, 2017
Holy mother.

I kept scrolling thinking that the list would end, but it kept going!

Very good list though since I only knew about 10% of them.

sprinkles

Oct 25, 2017
What a great thread idea, a few new games to be excited about!

New Vermintide - we played this one just a few months ago, great L4D style coop game.

New Aquanox - I am curious, I do not have great hopes, but I have loved the (under)world of Aqua since Schleichfahrt.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Great thread Tizoc! I'm sure I'll find a good number to add to my wishlist and follows.

My only nitpick might be that Campo Santo announced In the Valley of Gods as a 2019 release.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I'll need to spend a decent amount of time looking through a bunch of those games.

It doesn't have a Steam page yet, but Six Ages, the successor to King of Dragon Pass is finally coming out next year.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Wow, I'll need to spend a decent amount of time looking through a bunch of those games.

It doesn't have a Steam page yet, but Six Ages, the successor to King of Dragon Pass is finally coming out next year.
I'd add it to the OP but I've reached the character limit ToT
I'll keep an eye on it though and will highlight it in future monthly threads if possible.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I've had many of these games on my radar for what seems like forever: Iconoclasts, Ni No Kuni II, Battletech, Metro Exodus, Wulverblade, Wizard of Legend, Death's Gambit, Industries of Titan, The Swords of Ditto, Griftlands, Framed, Frostpunk, Underhero, Moonlighter, No Truce With The Furies, Phantom Doctrine, GUNHEAD, AShen, Children of Morta, Jengo, Once Upon a Coma, Valfaris, Far, Agony, Celeste, Sword Legacy Omen, The Red Strings Club, State of Mind, The last Night.

I will probably end up buying most of these at launch so that's a problem... but on the other hand I'm losing interest in almost all major releases so I think I'll be fine.

Thanks for the thread!

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
SpyParty? Don't you mean 2028?
No, SpyParty will be on Steam next year... in Early Access though. The game is already totally playable and enjoyable, but being on Steam will enlarge the audience.

The release date for the v1.0 is planned for 2019/2020.

66gp365.png

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Few other games that I forgot about until a few days ago that are at least supposedly aiming for 2018.

Psychonauts 2
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Phoenix Point
La-Mulana 2

Not actually entirely sure if NIGORO has said 2018 for La-Mulana 2, but the way the KS updates are looking, it seems likely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Would be nice if could add Cross Code @op

This game needs more love

header.jpg

heat-lvl3.gif

cold-lvl3-melee.gif

new-item-consum.gif

bulletin-board.gif
I was hoping to be able to add more titles to the first post but unfortunately, I reached the character limit ToT

I do monthly threads of upcoming Steam games in the next month, so if its exit from EA gets announced before I put up the thread, it will def. be highlighted.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
Nice list, I added several games to my wishlist.

Ash of Gods looks like a shameless clone of The Banner Saga, from art style to gameplay. I had to check if Stoic made a spinoff.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Subbed, need to come back and look at this list of splendors at another time. From first glant, what an incredible line-up though.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I feel like Trails of Cold Steel 2 being the only game without a link in the OP is calling me out :P

...however!
Some of these titles may also release on GOG.com so keep an eye out there if you want to get certain games DRM-Free.
Trails of Cold Steel is DRM-free on both Steam and GoG ;)

bong

Oct 26, 2017
Just repopulated my wishlist with some of the games listed in this thread. Look forward to many of them being added to my backlog.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What a great list. I couldn't help but go on a wishlisting spree. It's gonna be a busy year.