• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 3, 2019
e44.png

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Is it still compatible with PSDLE?

Yeah that's a really good question. I bet it's not but maybe someone in Australia who can see this new store can confirm.

I can't get it to work... I think it will need to be remade, updated for it to work with this new store.

Like too many things, I guess the white is to allow dark theme.

I don't see this happening anytime soon, with the PS5 main colour being White... everything is being tied to that theme, the PS Site, Game Box Banners, etc..., so for the Store to get a Dark Mode, the entire PlayStation site would need to have that option as well.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
If the old store is a 5/10, this is a solid 2/10. It just looks so bland and lacking of features. Maybe the store on the console will be better.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm all for simplistic designs... I've unsubscribed to streaming services because they changed their layout from something simple and accessible... to something exotic looking and fancy, but ran worse...wasn't as smooth.

For example UFC's Fight Pass app..on mobile and on TV.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks really bland, too much negative space, and on certain pages the icons are just too big and waste space. Also doesn't look functional from a user standpoint because it has less sorting functions than the original store.

More screenshots by Toumari

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
A few more pictures...

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.22.15.png

Genre section:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.22.41.png

Can directly download games you already own into the Library:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.24.40.png

EA Access (and PS Now) show on thumbnails:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.27.28.png

Game pages look like this when they don't have the full width artwork:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.28.24.png

The bottom of the game pages has a bunch of info, but lacks info about file size. There's also currently no screenshots/videos on these pages.

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_23.41.58.png

Search pages look like this:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.40.32.png

Full screen notice when you cannot buy products:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.42.10.png

Game pages sometimes show 'Editions' at the bottom, but you cannot click on them to see what's different about each edition, so you literally have to go to Ubisoft's site to find out:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.49.07.png

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Unsurprisingly, discoverability get sacrificed on again, I hope it really is unfinished like it suggest it is.
Why would they not show the games title and only the icons, it'll be very confusing.

Last edited:

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
God damn that looks awful. I hope it doesn't look like this on the console itself. Where are the screen shots and videos? I really liked that feature on PS4. Being able to watch a trailer right on the store front was great.

SirNick

Aug 26, 2020
What's the url to access the new store or is it limited to certain regions atm? Also not crazy about the store design but really hope they up the USD $250 wallet limit at least.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Looks ok, but it kinda looks like the typical corporate product website... it kinda goes for that Apple style but isn't very responsive, which makes it feel like it was done in a CMS or something. But it's ok i guess.

Also all product pages should REALLY be tested with adblock/tracking block addons to make sure nothing breaks.

Jan 10, 2019
Hope they allow us to purchase games through the app. I always get the "please use a web browser" thing, and Safari doesn't work either.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
A few more pictures...

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.22.15.png

Genre section:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.22.41.png

Can directly download games you already own into the Library:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.24.40.png

EA Access (and PS Now) show on thumbnails:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.27.28.png

Game pages look like this when they don't have the full width artwork:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.28.24.png

The bottom of the game pages has a bunch of info, but lacks info about file size. There's also currently no screenshots/videos on these pages.

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_23.41.58.png

Search pages look like this:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.40.32.png

Full screen notice when you cannot buy products:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.42.10.png

Game pages sometimes show 'Editions' at the bottom, but you cannot click on them to see what's different about each edition, so you literally have to go to Ubisoft's site to find out:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.49.07.png
It's starting to look better... But the search seems awful still. The Collections page should be the first to open.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Could not access the desktop version here in Aus, but managed to access the new mobile site and... It is white. LIke i feel the design seems to suit the mobile, very minimalistic - almost to the point of leaning too hard into it as a lot of options to browse the store are now either gone or have to be brought up through an extra menu. From the pictures, it looks to me that the desktop version is similar to the mobile site in it's design and minimalistic feature which i think is a shame.

Really disappointing as it seems they have nuked the old site and just hit reset and lost some functionality - like even basic features like wishlisting to start this generation again.

Also found this on the Share Factory Studio for PS5 app on the new store (don't know if this is known before or not):

Now includes 4k HDR support for capture/editing.
Share to Youtube, Twitter and direct to friends in Game Base
Allow to import your own video, images, music and sound effects via USB
One-Time Licence Fee to download to multiple PS5 systems.

This is DEF not known. So pretty much all captures can be 4KHDR

VideoTech UK

Feb 18, 2020
England
Is there any way to access the site on Windows? It seems the AU site always reverts back to my UK site. Even using a VPN for whatever reason.

animalcrossed

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty big downgrade on desktop. Feels very spaced out and big, and is just scaled up from the mobile viewport. I guess that's just modern web design though, probably justified by people accessing on tablets.

Main benefit seems to be one game page for titles, as opposed to separate pages for Deluxe Editions and Standard Editions.

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
The old store was not a looker that's for sure, this one looks clean and almost lacking in something that I can't get my head around. 😄
Maybe it's made with mobiles in mind first and foremost? There's lots of unused space.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why wishlists are gone, that was a really useful feature to add everything I may want and then check every week if any are on sale

guess its a good reminder though to save out my wishlist to a PDF or something so I can refer to it in the future

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty big downgrade on desktop. Feels very spaced out and big, and is just scaled up from the mobile viewport. I guess that's just modern web design though, probably justified by people accessing on tablets.

Main benefit seems to be one game page for titles, as opposed to separate pages for Deluxe Editions and Standard Editions.
There still seems to be multiple pages for the different editions still - it's just that the other editions pages are linked from the standard editions pages. Issue being currently is that there is no descriptions offering what the differences are between the editions. It looks unfinished and i am sure will be soon but people thinking that things are going to drastically change like a Dark Mode/Wishlisting etc being left out of this initial build to be put in before PS5 launch i think are expecting that too soon. Small things will likely happen over the next week but this will effectively be the storefront when the PS5 launches.

This is DEF not known. So pretty much all captures can be 4KHDR
Good to know! It is exciting that it offer high quality captures.

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
It feels a lot like it was designed to double for touch-based devices instead of something that works better for m/kb desktop users. Guess the apps are just going to run some kind of web view version of this?

I don't get why wishlists are gone, that was a really useful feature to add everything I may want and then check every week if any are on sale

guess its a good reminder though to save out my wishlist to a PDF or something so I can refer to it in the future
I think the database backend is just a bit of a mess in general; I seem to vaguely recall games on the old PSN that would get release dates like "Jan 31", because the database only took date entries which meant you couldn't have "January" releases so they'd just use the last day of the month instead.

The update mostly seems like something that removes a bunch of technical debt like the wishlist feature more so than streamlining PSN with new cool feature. At least it might actually allow me to buy games digitally without bugging out this time around.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
So after playing with the store for about an hour here's some feedback on the small chance someone from Sony is reading through this thread.

Issues that need to be resolved asap:
  • Add titles below the thumbnails on the category view - Currently it's really hard to know what a game actually is without having to click on it. Also with DLC being mixed in you can accidentally click on the DLC rather than the game itself. This is even worst for accessibility as you cannot use ctrl + f to quickly find something on the page.
  • Make it obvious what is DLC and what is a game - Currently the list views just show a mish-mash of games/DLC. They aren't sorted by games first and DLC last, it's all mixed together making it a guessing game on what is what.
  • Show DLC of a game on their respective pages - You have to do a manual search to find DLC (and hope the name of the game is in its title) as it's not listed on the game page.
  • Add filters on the category/search pages - It's impossible to sort & filter games by platform, price, release date, age rating, features (HDR/Multiplayer/PSVR support) so you basically have to go through everything to find what you are looking for. Adding a checkbox that prevents DLC from showing up would also be ideal. I imagine it would take forever for a parent to find cheap a game for their child that also has local co-op support.
  • Show details about the different game editions - Game pages list different 'Editions' of games, but in a lot of cases it doesn't actually show what the differences are. Also these don't link to anything, so it's impossible for me to see what's different about the 'Gold' edition of Valhalla over the normal edition. I literally have to navigation away to the Ubisoft site to find out.
Features that are missing from the old store:
  • No screenshots/gameplay videos on the game pages
  • No download file-size listed on the game pages
  • No wishlist support
  • Can no longer add games/products to the cart from the list views
Features that are nice to have:
  • Add a dark mode toggle and automatically use it for those who are using dark mode on our phones/desktop

Last edited: