• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018
Here's some full page shots if anyone is interested:
Home Page
0Pm7TKCh.jpg

Search Results
UJBhCTph.jpg

Game Page
kFRgWiMh.jpg

Collections Page
PrgnCJ6h.jpg

Last edited:

xem

Oct 31, 2017
seems fine to me. I read other websites, youtube and Era to research my games. Which i figure most do here. I barely spend any time on the store. search game title> buy> download.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
So after playing with the store for about an hour here's some feedback on the small chance someone from Sony is reading through this thread.

Issues that need to be resolved asap:
  • Add titles below the thumbnails on the category view - Currently it's really hard to know what a game actually is without having to click on it. Also with DLC being mixed in you can accidentally click on the DLC rather than the game itself. This is even worst for accessibility as you cannot use ctrl + f to quickly find something on the page.
  • Make it obvious what is DLC and what is a game - Currently the list views just show a mish-mash of games/DLC. They aren't sorted by games first and DLC last, it's all mixed together making it a guessing on what is what.
  • Show DLC of a game on their respective pages - You have to do a manual search to find DLC (and hope the name of the game is in its title) as it's not listed on the game page.
  • Add filters on the category pages - It's impossible to sort & filter games by platform, price, release date, age rating, features (HDR/Multiplayer/PSVR support) so you basically have to go through everything to find what you are looking for. Adding a checkbox that prevents DLC from showing up would also be ideal.
  • Show details about the different game editions - Game pages list different 'Editions' of games, but in a lot of cases it doesn't actually show what the differences are. Also these don't link to anything, so it's impossible for me to see what's different about the 'Gold' edition of Valhalla over the normal edition. I literally have to navigation away to the Ubisoft site to find out.
Features that are missing from the old store:
  • No screenshots/gameplay videos on the game pages
  • No download file-size listed on the game pages
  • No wishlist support
Features that are nice to have:
  • Add a dark mode toggle and automatically use it for those who are using dark mode on our phones/desktop
Yeah good feedback here. Some of the regressions and lack of accessibilty need to be addressed asap if they are not in the final version

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
The Discover section seems really good if it's well curated and maintained, would be actually really good to give amazing indies some visibility, which has been an issue with Playstation.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at those screenshots and the dearth of information relative to the screen real estate being used, I really don't know why more digital storefronts don't take cues from Steam or ideally just steal it and reformat it. There's so much information from "DLC" and "early access" banners, pop-ups on mouse over, and the Steam page for a store tells me pretty much everything I need to know about a game, its various DLC, and various editions. I already don't like using the PSN store, but I also don't use it frequently. If I did, and I had a larger library, I don't think I'd be too happy.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Does this mean I'll be able to log in again? Haven't been able to in weeks.
Weeks? I think its another issue, did you accept the new terms and conditions?

Try logging in directly to account management. For some reason the store does automatically prompt you to accept it, so you will be in a redirect loop of sorts.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
How are people accessing the new store?

So after playing with the store for about an hour here's some feedback on the small chance someone from Sony is reading through this thread.

• Add titles below the thumbnails on the category view - Currently it's really hard to know what a game actually is without having to click on it. Also with DLC being mixed in you can accidentally click on the DLC rather than the game itself. This is even worst for accessibility as you cannot use ctrl + f to quickly find something on the page.
  • Make it obvious what is DLC and what is a game - Currently the list views just show a mish-mash of games/DLC. They aren't sorted by games first and DLC last, it's all mixed together making it a guessing on what is what.
  • Show DLC of a game on their respective pages - You have to do a manual search to find DLC (and hope the name of the game is in its title) as it's not listed on the game page.
  • Add filters on the category pages - It's impossible to sort & filter games by platform, price, release date, age rating, features (HDR/Multiplayer/PSVR support) so you basically have to go through everything to find what you are looking for. Adding a checkbox that prevents DLC from showing up would also be ideal. I imagine this would be horrible for a parent trying to cheap a game for their child.
  • Show details about the different game editions - Game pages list different 'Editions' of games, but in a lot of cases it doesn't actually show what the differences are. Also these don't link to anything, so it's impossible for me to see what's different about the 'Gold' edition of Valhalla over the normal edition. I literally have to navigation away to the Ubisoft site to find out.
  • No wishlist support
  • Can no longer add games/products to the cart from the list views
  • Add a dark mode toggle and automatically use it for those who are using dark mode on our phones/desktop
A lot of these seem like common sense. Some of them are available on the current store. Idk why they're not on the new one.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

• Add filters on the category/search pages - It's impossible to sort & filter games by platform, price, release date, age rating, features (HDR/Multiplayer/PSVR support) so you basically have to go through everything to find what you are looking for. Adding a checkbox that prevents DLC from showing up would also be ideal. I imagine this would be horrible for a parent trying to cheap a game for their child.
  • No wishlist support
If this is the day one release they've planned for in the run up to removing the existing webstore, that's absolutely an absolutely atrocious effort and they should feel embarrassed. What is going on? Hopefully it's just a matter of them rolling things out gradually.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley

• Add filters on the category/search pages - It's impossible to sort & filter games by platform, price, release date, age rating, features (HDR/Multiplayer/PSVR support) so you basically have to go through everything to find what you are looking for. Adding a checkbox that prevents DLC from showing up would also be ideal. I imagine this would be horrible for a parent trying to cheap a game for their child.
  • No wishlist support
Most of this stuff would be driven by metadata that is present already. Perhaps it is something that hasn't gone live yet, so the modules don't load up.

The other things like being able to add products to cart from list view I hope comes back, but wishlist was already stated to be "removed".

GIVE US GIFTING, SONY. COME ON NOW...

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
At first glance, looks like way too much white space. We'll see how it flows in action, but I don't have high hopes because the store interface has long been a thorn in Sony's side.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
That is almost exactly the old site but white.

If you would have told me this was the one we had previously I would believe you.
You must have not seen the old site.

I am beginning to question the credibility of some of the posts I am seeing.

Yeah sure, anyone is free to hate it, not like its color, layout...etc. But one thing that is unmistakeable, s that ts nothing like the old/current site.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
It looks super clean and readable, like so much better than the old, cluttered store. Really happy with that.
Some features missing is unfortunate but it really looks like it is structured and built with extendability in mind, so I'm not worried about that unless they don't do any updates to it in the upcoming months.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
It looks super clean and readable, like so much better than the old, cluttered store. Really happy with that.
Some features missing is unfortunate but it really looks like it is structured and built with extendability in mind, so I'm not worried about that unless they don't do any updates to it in the upcoming months.
I honestly don't think it's fully launched yet. They put dates to be between the 21st to 26th so I think there is more there

Yeah sure, anyone is free to hate it, not like its color, layout...etc. But one thing that is unmistakeable, s that ts nothing like the old/current site.
Yeah no idea what people are seeing here lol

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California

I must've used it like a handful of times so that must be it? It doesn't seem like a drastic change.
I'm more interested in the new version of the mobile app they are putting out. Hopefully that's awesome. Especially considering that the PSN store is integrated into the PS5 instead of being a separate thing.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
I must've used it like a handful of times so that must be it? It doesn't seem like a drastic change.
I'm more interested in the new version of the mobile app they are putting out. Hopefully that's awesome. Especially considering that the PSN store is integrated into the PS5 instead of being a separate thing.

Ok...

But this ...
Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.11.15.png

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.11.58.png

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.12.18.png

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.12.49.png

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.15.49.png

Looks nothing like this...

Screenshot-45.png

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

• Make it obvious what is DLC and what is a game - Currently the list views just show a mish-mash of games/DLC. They aren't sorted by games first and DLC last, it's all mixed together making it a guessing game on what is what.
  • Add filters on the category/search pages - It's impossible to sort & filter games by platform, price, release date, age rating, features (HDR/Multiplayer/PSVR support) so you basically have to go through everything to find what you are looking for. Adding a checkbox that prevents DLC from showing up would also be ideal. I imagine it would take forever for a parent to find cheap a game for their child that also has local co-op support.
  • No wishlist support
These issues sound atrocious and I really, really hope Sony will have them fixed ASAP.

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Seems like a lot of wasted space for things that you don't need a lot room. I just hope it's not a face lift and they've made some QOL adjustments like other options for sorting and filtering.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like something that is way worse and maybe they should have started this earlier and not weeks before their next gen console.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
It looks pretty, but it doesn't look like a store. It looks like a landing page that redirects you to a store. It lacks a lot of basic things, as others said, like titles for those blocks.

Got say, I'm not happy with it. The web store was my main way to purchase PS4 games, because the PS4 store sucked, and now I'm gonna have to deal with that.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

• Make it obvious what is DLC and what is a game - Currently the list views just show a mish-mash of games/DLC. They aren't sorted by games first and DLC last, it's all mixed together making it a guessing game on what is what.
  • Add filters on the category/search pages - It's impossible to sort & filter games by platform, price, release date, age rating, features (HDR/Multiplayer/PSVR support) so you basically have to go through everything to find what you are looking for. Adding a checkbox that prevents DLC from showing up would also be ideal. I imagine it would take forever for a parent to find cheap a game for their child that also has local co-op support.
  • No wishlist support
Great list - hopefully I could see the filters being missing from the build and descriptions with file size etc being added prior to launch but the rest is quite damming tbh. I found the mobile site looks nice aesthetically but is a significant step down in functionality from the old store and it really feels like a regression and they blank slated the frontage of the storefront and all the functionality needs to be readded.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Will it enable pre-ordering PS5 games digitally here in Sweden?

If no; it can fuck right off.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully the search is overhauled. the current one is fucking useless unless you spell the item exactly perfect as it's shown on the site, punctuation and all.

also, let us remove stuff like demos, alphas, betas from our library.

mess.png