• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_.../this_game_just_gets_more_fun_with_every_new/

Source is a Reddit video upload, so I can't do embedded media in this post.

The trick here is to use bow arrow slowdown, and while you're in slowdown, shield surf onto an enemy, and have it so it has a horizontal speed. Once you hit the horizontal speed, stop the slowdown, and let the game load the map (with occasional freezes due to insane loading).

I couldn't find prior threads about this, so close me if found.

zelda-cartoon-link-bomb-jump-bomb-shield-jump-14303882890.gif

Last edited:

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Does this help speedrunning though? The video you linked to shows someone with max stamina, surely someone speedrunning wouldn't even have enough stamina to complete the 1st part of it

Oct 27, 2017
Does this help speedrunning though? The video you linked to shows someone with max stamina, surely someone speedrunning wouldn't even have enough stamina to complete the 1st part of it

That's what I was thinking too. I guess they could get around it by cooking the right meals to get lots of stamina if they're doing this in the early game?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe not in the Any% category but surely in a category which requires you to collect all the heart containers.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused, no one's ever tried jumping off and shield surfing onto an enemy? I swear I've seen this on some other BOTW glitch video, that seems incredibly basic unless the timing is super tight or something.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

It seems like they only use a circle and a half of stamina at most, that would surely be fine going from the Great Plateau with the first stamina upgrade?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Silentbomber

Oct 27, 2017
Has somebody completed BOTW without hacks by running directly to Ganon ? I'm sure it's possible if you can figure out the weapon breaking stuff.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing game, but watching this I'm cognisant of one thing: the music, while memorable, wasn't very remarkable.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's actually interesting is the developers of Breath of the Wild actually did think of everything. If the game world is loading, you can actually see the loading icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
That's just a normal thing that games that require real-time streaming of new areas do. Like how sometimes you can get God of War (the classic GOW titles, that is) to stop and load for a few seconds if you backtrack to an area that the game didn't load because it loaded the next area instead.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
You can do this just by going fast enough on the Master Cycle Zero, it's not that revolutionary.
That's just a normal thing that games that require real-time streaming of new areas do. Like how sometimes you can get God of War (the classic GOW titles, that is) to stop and load for a few seconds if you backtrack to an area that the game didn't load because it loaded the next area instead.
I see. Removing it as it's misleading I guess.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did this take so long to be discovered. Seems like the sort of thing that would be discovered plenty by accident lol

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This fucking game man, one of the best sandboxes this gen alongside MGSV.