• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PunishedSoul

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I don't think I ever realized just how literal the phrase "blood clot" is.

It's just...simply coagulated. What could the circulatory system even do against that?
In a way it's a miracle this happened in the lung so that he could cough it up.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I am both disgusted and amazed.
It's kinda beautiful!.. and at the same time I feel like I want to throw up.

Edit: oh he died? RIP

Deleted member 33597

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I don't know why, but I find that thing absolutely repulsive. I don't ever wanna see it again, bleugh. It's dumb because without context I'd just say "hey that's a neat cast, did they model it or was it made from a real cadaver?" and not think about it beyond that.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting, it's like looking at your personal demon for me considering how high my chances are of dying from blood clots. In fact it's pretty rote for me now so seeing that image has somewhat restored a sense of wonder.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think I ever realized just how literal the phrase "blood clot" is.

It's just...simply coagulated. What could the circulatory system even do against that?
In a way it's a miracle this happened in the lung so that he could cough it up.
Eh...he died and I am not suprised. As someone who has an aggressive blood mutation with DVT's in the double digits and at least four experiences of PE (pulmonary embolism, or clot in the lung) and has DVT in both legs at the moment and is on both Coumadin and Lovanox shots, there is nothing lucky about it and it's a horrifying reality and I am used to it. Cannot imagine someone suffering it randomly.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
That is fascinating and oddly beautiful. Glad he was able to get medical help before it's too late.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but seeing that makes me feel very aware of my mortality.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but seeing that makes me feel very aware of my mortality.
Agreed. I had exactly the same reaction. It's rather unnerving when that happens isn't it? Especially the fact that he did pass away shortly after. He must have been scared at his time of passing which is very sad to consider.

Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales
giphy.gif

Why did I open this thread after eating noodles...

RIP to the dude though.

Deleted member 25712

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I had a friend pass from a pulmonary embolism and when I saw THAT, I was wondering how he could still be alive.

RIP bro

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
You know when you are sick and are hacking all day, but can never cough the stuff up. Then you finally get it and it's omg thank you, finally. I have to imagine this was like that but 10 fold

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I'm more amazed that he didn't die with that blood clot in his lung.

Edit: he did die. I was about to say...

Surprised he didn't make a thread on Era before going to the hospital

"Hey Era, I need someone's opinion. I haven't felt good and been having chest pains and blacking out. Tonight I started coughing real bad and hacked up a giant branch like thing that was red with blood all over it. Anyone know any home remedies to help reduce the coughing?"

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
That one is bad enough, but I found this other one while looking at Snopes. (rated as True)

bloodclot.jpg

From what I understand though, the patient in this one actually lived, although he was already 80 at the time so who knows for how much longer?