• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
"Thank you to all of our fans for caring so deeply about Pokémon. Recently, I shared the news that some Pokémon cannot be transferred to Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. I've read all your comments and appreciate your love and passion for Pokémon.

Just like all of you, we are passionate about Pokémon and each and every one of them is very important to us. After so many years of developing the Pokémon video games, this was a very difficult decision for me. I'd like to make one thing clear: even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.

The world of Pokémon continues to evolve. The Galar region offers new Pokémon to encounter, Trainers to battle, and adventures to embark on. We are pouring our hearts into these games, and we hope you will look forward to joining us on this new journey.

June 28, 2019

Junichi Masuda"

IpDAgCi.gif

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you to all of our fans for caring so deeply about Pokémon. Recently, I shared the news that some Pokémon cannot be transferred to Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. I've read all your comments and appreciate your love and passion for Pokémon.

Just like all of you, we are passionate about Pokémon and each and every one of them is very important to us. After so many years of developing the Pokémon video games, this was a very difficult decision for me. I'd like to make one thing clear: even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.

The world of Pokémon continues to evolve. The Galar region offers new Pokémon to encounter, Trainers to battle, and adventures to embark on. We are pouring our hearts into these games, and we hope you will look forward to joining us on this new journey.

June 28, 2019

Junichi Masuda

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
That's literally a "nothing changes" and a "please understand" wrapped into one "please be excited".

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
That's not going to go over well. Maybe they could flesh out Pokemon Home so that you can do more with the Pokemon you can't transfer to SwSh. Trading within Home is a good start.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone actually expecting them to shift gears at this stage in the game without a noticeable delay must've had pretty high hopes.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Sticking to their guns.

Well, the new Poke'mon games better start looking a hell-of-a-lot-better if the reason for exclusion was to make everything higher quality.

And I personally don't have a big problem with missing Poke'mon. I think there are too many as it is. And nothing is ever "future-proof". So they'll have to keep updating these models and animations as time goes on. I just hope they actually do it.

Eslayer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Just restating what was said before then? Should've stayed quiet, now people will be reinvigorated

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
"Your Maractus will have to stay dormant in the box of old games or in the cloud instead of the new one, please get over it"

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It's good that he acknowledge the backlash and hopefully it will inform future decisions even if it's too late for Sword and Shield.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Wow

That response sure is something

It seems they are hard commiting to what Sword and Shield is going to be as well as how rosters will be handled going forward

This only solidifies what he has said in interviews and locks it in

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself from the other thread.

I'd like to make one thing clear: even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.
This doesn't really mean anything seeing as some Pokemon haven't been in a regional dex in over a decade. Looks like I'm completely done with Pokemon outside of Mystery Dungeon.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
If Shield does a good job of encouraging me to do online competitive battling, I'll consider it to be a worthwhile decision. If not, I'll still buy the game and have fun anyway.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
I'm pretty confident that whatever isn't available in Sword and Shield will be made available in the next mainline games

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are going to be rightfully annoyed at this nothingburger statement but the fact that they responded at all is shocking. Game Freak is completely oblivious to criticism and never responds to it in any fashion, so the fact that they've publicly acknowledged this controversy in any form indicates a chance that they might fix things in the future.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
People have unrealistic expectations for something that would require massive changes to happen in the very few months remaining before release

The thing about how Nintendo has said "please understand" ignores that they were usually justified

I don't think anyone cares about that last part.

They were never going to delay Pokemon

Nintendo would never let them delay Pokemon

The reasons for this have been laid out over and over again

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fucking nothing.gif

Those falling for the "balance" excuse are blind.

Shame, always loved Pokémon but I'm out, can't support this bullshit.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
This thread will be interesting...

it sounds like "please understand" along with "nothing will be changing". Also it makes it sound like they will not be adding to the list of available Pokemon that will be in the game outside of what is there at launch, like some have theorized to have them launch in future raids. With that addition of "even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games. "

Deleted member 4292

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry you still haven't resold me on it.

And at the same time likely disinterested me in the future of the series. GJ GF

Oct 25, 2017
It was unlikely that they could change it in such a short notice while not delaying the game...and they're not delaying the game

Probably get it done by the 3rd version or the next generation in 3 years or so

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I would have settled for free updates allowing Pokemon from other regions over time.
Gotta save that for a "NEW" feature for the next annual release.
"now with some more of the old guys back", perfect back of the box material.

I don't think anyone cares about that last part.
Looking at this thread, well you're not wrong, that's what I get for not really paying much attention to this I guess.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This will be the first main entry in a while that I don't purchase, I'll wait for a good reason to pay for Home and/or a Pokémon game with everyone in it.

Nov 4, 2018
When a mobile Gacha game has me more excited than the main series entry, you know something is fucked up.

I've been skipping mainline entires since S/M, fell asleep playing ORAS the remakes of my all time favorite favorite Gen, and it looks like I'll continue doing so until GameFreak gets their shit together or someone else who actually gives a shit, like Genius Sonority used to, starts making these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.