• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Whoosh.

Harrasing people on their Twitter is gross shit. Call a spade a spade and get over it.
Good thing hashtag spamming a video game executive because of a decision that pisses off the fans and actively makes the game worse is protest and not harassment. Let's not even get into how horribly they handled the whole thing and continue to handle it which only stokes the flames.
This corporate defense needs to stop, the majority of people spamming his twitter are not attacking him, they are customers making their voices heard. We can talk about the people actually harassing him without lumping the majority of consumers that don't want to get fucked with those people.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
You do not have to be a "good little consumer." Not buying the games is the biggest way to protest the changes. If the product doesn't have what you want, it's really as simple as not buying it.

Not buying a game solves nothing. It's kind of ridiculous too that people think it's as easy as that. If a product from your beloved franchise is not up to par then you create discussion about it. People are just equating almost any negative discussion as being toxic now though lol.

Ill be buying the game because it looks a shit ton better than the mess that Lets Go was, but it doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and just accept whatever GF graciously decide to include in the game. Almost everything about this game is great except for the missing Pokémon any ways. It really isn't as simple as not buying the game.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm not posting anything on their twitter accounts. Basically only discussed stuff in specific threads about this. I also get disappointed in games all the time, I don't like BOTW, hate Smash Ultimate, etc, so I'm used to this feeling of getting alienated by franchises I like. I just don't think posting things like "Bring back all Pokémon" on Pokémon Official Accounts is wrong and "needs to stop", they made the basically only thing that could annoy a significant part of the Pokémon fanbase, so yeah, they get criticized. I don't like the thing with posting the trees stuff because I feel like it takes the conversation to another place and it generally lowers the level of discourse, but it feels like some people are just trying to shut up the whole conversation implying any kind of dex criticism is "harassment".

And no, I don't think it's dishonest. I don't care about graphics, I just wanted all Pokémon and a RPG to play. So it feels like I'm paying more and getting less of what I want, I would be annoyed even if the graphics were much better (and I don't even think the current ones are bad at all, I defended them in previous threads, but they don't "justify" cutting hundreds of Pokémon).
Same, I've not posted a single reply to one of Masuda's tweets and only posted a few to the Pokemon Twitter back during E3. Now I mainly just post about it on this site and the occasional tweet that isn't even a reply to anybody.
I also as a whole don't really give a fuck about the disappointing graphics and animation, or at least I wouldn't if we had all of the Pokemon. Instead we get disappointing visuals AND less Pokemon.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm not posting anything on their twitter accounts. Basically only discussed stuff in specific threads about this. I also get disappointed in games all the time, I don't like BOTW, hate Smash Ultimate, etc, so I'm used to this feeling of getting alienated by franchises I like. I just don't think posting things like "Bring back all Pokémon" on Pokémon Official Accounts is wrong and "needs to stop", they made the basically only thing that could annoy a significant part of the Pokémon fanbase, so yeah, they get criticized. I don't like the thing with posting the trees stuff because I feel like it takes the conversation to another place and it generally lowers the level of discourse, but it feels like some people are just trying to shut up the whole conversation implying any kind of dex criticism is "harassment".

And no, I don't think it's dishonest. I don't care about graphics, I just wanted all Pokémon and a RPG to play. So it feels like I'm paying more and getting less of what I want, I would be annoyed even if the graphics were much better (and I don't even think the current ones are bad at all, I defended them in previous threads, but they don't "justify" cutting hundreds of Pokémon).

Less of what you personally want is significantly different from "less content" in general, which is generally the argument people are making. I wish more people were talking about the national dex stuff instead of just using it as an opportunity to shit on the IP as a whole.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Not buying a game solves nothing. It's kind of ridiculous too that people think it's as easy as that. If a product from your beloved franchise is not up to par then you create discussion about it. People are just equating almost any negative discussion as being toxic now though lol.

Ill be buying the game because it looks a shit ton better than the mess that Lets Go was, but it doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and just accept whatever GF graciously decide to include in the game. Almost everything about this game is great except for the missing Pokémon any ways. It really isn't as simple as not buying the game.
This just reminds me of how people love to disregard complaints from people that are "Just going to buy it anyways." As if still buying the game means someone's criticism doesn't matter.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, discuss it to death on forums like this. No, do not spam the developers about your displeasure in response to every single thing they post.

Negative discussion on your own forums or Twitter or wherever else are just fine. Understanding that the decision has been made and being done with the series if you can't accept it is also fine.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Less of what you personally want is significantly different from "less content" in general, which is generally the argument people are making. I wish more people were talking about the national dex stuff instead of just using it as an opportunity to shit on the IP as a whole.
The content people care the most is Pokémon considering how this is the first time for a controversy like this in the franchise. So, to them, this is basically cutting the content they care the most after for years being told by developers that this was a high priority to the devs.

And I agree that I wish that was the focus because getting the Pokémon back with patches is the only thing I consider "possible" to fix SwSh, but this is blowing up all small frustrations fans have with Pokémon over the 3DS years. Weak post-games, the BF stuff in ORAS, the Kanto pandering, etc, people had several complaints to the series, but these never became "big" because as long as the core (the Pokémon) was there, people put up with things, Dexit is bringing up 3 generations of criticism to the spotlight.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Honestly I think even doing that kind of a nod towards the Battle Frontier in ORAS:
frontier_tease.jpg

Didn't sit right with me personally. I would have been happier if they just didn't mention it period. Sure they can say time is different in the ORAS dimension or something like that, but dang that was such an unneeded tease lol.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
This just reminds me of how people love to disregard complaints from people that are "Just going to buy it anyways." As if still buying the game means someone's criticism doesn't matter.

Its like playing an MMO. You get the white knights that tell you everything is ok, that if you dont like what the devs are doing then you can move on, that they dont care about any criticism because for them everything is close to perfect. A few months later, the MMO is barren and people have moved on to the next 'big' thing - white knights included. And the cycle continues.

I think criticism is good and I think its hilarious people are beginning to equate any criticism as being toxic - case in point with the hashtag being harassment? Jesus.

I mean at the end of the day, if you are happy with what you are getting from the game, whats wrong with other people arguing for MORE things in the game?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Whoosh.

Harrasing people on their Twitter is gross shit. Call a spade a spade and get over it. Maybe go actually read all the replies on that twitter post and you might feel a little empathetic.
Yes it is. I replied to one single tweet, that was not even to the dev or the pokemon conpany, saying that I wish rayquaza was in the game, and immediately started to get harassed and insulted for this so called pokemon fans, under the excuse that I was being entitled.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The content people care the most is Pokémon considering how this is the first time for a controversy like this in the franchise. So, to them, this is basically cutting the content they care the most after for years being told by developers that this was a high priority to the devs.

And I agree that I wish that was the focus because getting the Pokémon back with patches is the only thing I consider "possible" to fix SwSh, but this is blowing up all small frustrations fans have with Pokémon over the 3DS years. Weak post-games, the BF stuff in ORAS, the Kanto pandering, etc, people had several complaints to the series, but these never became "big" because as long as the core (the Pokémon) was there, people put up with things, Dexit is bringing up 3 generations of criticism to the spotlight.

in the last day on this forum alone ive seen someone claiming "more than half are gone", someone proudly proclaiming that hes going to "shitpost in every discussion", meme images that make very little sense and a bunch of people making arguments in bad faith in an attempt to disregard the more hateful fans and lazy dev type rhetoric. I cant even think of another instance that's comparable to this with a new unreleased game other than the last Pokemon game on Switch which was also so bad that people didn't even want to go into threads about the game, and I left the board for a few months. Its long beyond a simple protest even on more moderated sites like ERA, and a total shitshow everywhere else.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, discuss it to death on forums like this. No, do not spam the developers about your displeasure in response to every single thing they post.

Negative discussion on your own forums or Twitter or wherever else are just fine. Understanding that the decision has been made and being done with the series if you can't accept it is also fine.

I still dont see whats wrong with spamming displeasure even if it is a done decision. I personally think that the decision to remove some pokemon is the only bad one in a sea of good things about the new games. Im not on twitter but I dont think its wrong to constantly bring up the idea that it is a BAD decision. Why would I accept this so that they can do this to other games in the series from now on? Even if the decision is set for this game, there is always a chance it may change in the next game.

Spamming on forums that devs will not even visit does nothing to voice what I, and others, believe is a bad decision. Twitter is the most direct way to share displeasure at the decision lol.

in the last day on this forum alone ive seen someone claiming "more than half are gone", someone proudly proclaiming that hes going to "shitpost in every discussion", meme images that make very little sense and a bunch of people making arguments in bad faith in an attempt to disregard the more hateful fans and lazy dev type rhetoric. I cant even think of another instance that's comparable to this with a new unreleased game other than the last Pokemon game on Switch which was also so bad that people didn't even want to go into threads about the game, and I left the board for a few months. Its long beyond a simple protest even on more moderated sites like ERA, and a total shitshow everywhere else.

But isnt it pretty telling that the controversial removal of some Pokemon is pretty much the core of most complaints? Almost everything else shown off about SwSh has been great and a step in the right direction, just this singular decision alone has snowballed any negativity about the games over the positives.

Honestly speaking, if they didnt remove Pokemon, the community would be much less 'toxic' and negative.

Last edited:

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hilariously serendipitous that Shinx is a Pokemon people bring up all the time in this discussion, and I'm sitting here with a shiny Shinx I acquired that I was hoping to be able to add to a SwSh playthrough at some point. Even if it winds up being in the game, I could cite so many other examples of shinies I've acquired for that purpose that probably won't be included.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think even doing that kind of a nod towards the Battle Frontier in ORAS:
frontier_tease.jpg

Didn't sit right with me personally. I would have been happier if they just didn't mention it period. Sure they can say time is different in the ORAS dimension or something like that, but dang that was such an unneeded tease lol.
This was a huge disappointment and made me lower my expectations for these games a lot.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
It's hilariously serendipitous that Shinx is a Pokemon people bring up all the time in this discussion, and I'm sitting here with a shiny Shinx I acquired that I was hoping to be able to add to a SwSh playthrough at some point. Even if it winds up being in the game, I could cite so many other examples of shinies I've acquired for that purpose that probably won't be included.
Don't remind me that. I can almost bet that Deoxys is getting cut.
image.jpg

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
frontier_tease.jpg

It was DEFINITELY seen as "ahahah you really wanted it, don't you? Too bad it's not here!" at the time.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon ARE CONTENT.

Having less usable Pokemon in the game means it has less content.

It might have the most content of any Pokemon game for all we know. Previously collected Pokemon being a maybe on usability doesn't say anything as to the overall composition of the game, which is why the "20 more for less content" makes no sense whatsoever.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
"every single pokémon" will be a selling feature of gen 9
While it would be really upsetting that we'd have to wait that long for them to fix it and it would make Gen 8 easily the worst one going forward if that were the case, I would at least be happy that they actually reversed their decision.
It might have the most content of any Pokemon game for all we know. Previously collected Pokemon being a maybe on usability doesn't say anything as to the overall composition of the game, which is why the "20 more for less content" makes no sense whatsoever.
If history tells us anything there probably won't be a ton of content, but hey, the enhanced versions might have lots.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Well, in that hypothetical and comically unlikely case, it would have to have a shitload of post-game content considering that the cuts absolutely neuters competitive teambuilding, which is a pretty significant amount of content for people who are into that.

And even if you don't care about competitive teambuilding, it doesn't matter. Even if you don't choose to engage with it, that's still content that won't be there, which is proof that less Pokemon = less content is an objective fact.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamefreak should make a 1 hour main quest, and the rest postgame.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I guess I can't bring myself to care too much about this. The series was going to hit this logistical wall sooner or later. I've never had the need or desire to bring over Pokémon from previous generations anyway. During the main campaign, I want to use the new Pokémon, and once the post-game starts, I typically tune out since it usually lacks the exploration and discovery angle. Even filling out my Pokédex holds little appeal to me these days, since it mostly consists of engaging with the online trading system that was filled with hacked clones. Is it mostly people who play a lot of post-game who are upset by this?

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
TBH one of the titles I had most fun with was Black/White, the game that forced you into using only new Pokemons until post game.

If they play it on the strength of thew new Pokemons they may make at least the single player experience more enjoyable.

I guess they had a time constraint forcing them into this decision, in order to release this game not too late in the Switch lifecycle.

They will probably (?) release a "third" version of Sword/Shield (Pokemon Armor?) with more/all pokemons availability as its selling point.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
frontier_tease.jpg

it is a pretty brutal but effective troll

it almost wraps back around to me being astonished by it instead of just sad

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
TBH one of the titles I had most fun with was Black/White, the game that forced you into using only new Pokemons until post game.

If they play it on the strength of thew new Pokemons they may make at least the single player experience more enjoyable.

I guess they had a time constraint forcing them into this decision, in order to release this game not too late in the Switch lifecycle.

They will probably (?) release a "third" version of Sword/Shield (Pokemon Armor?) with more/all pokemons availability as its selling point.
The difference here is that Black and White had a full Pokedex of new Pokemon and you could still get all the old ones post game, SwSh has a ton of old Pokemon and will probably have a small number of new ones like the last 2 gens.
Time is probably an issue, but it's made more of an issue because they are doing multiple HD games at once while refusing to grow to a size to make that work.
They said their plan for the franchise going forward is to never have the full roster of Pokemon in a single game again.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
His statement said, "I've read all your comments" and even still reaffirmed the decision. To continue to barrage him with the same comments or worse after getting an official and definitive response is harassment if you ask me. It's basically refusing to take no for an answer and continuing to drum up negativity around anything he does in the future unless you get your way.
Okay well he says he's gonna do it anyways so let's just stop

Nathan2055

Jun 6, 2019
Honestly, at this point I just don't care anymore. Game Freak has done absolutely nothing to convince me this game is worth buying, so I'm not gonna buy it, at least not at launch. It's as simple as that.

I didn't buy USUM because it was a DLC pack sold as a separate full game less than a year after SM shipped.

I didn't buy LGPE because it retread a region that's been done to death while simultaneously removing the most interesting parts of it.

And I'm not going to buy SWSH because it's a straight downgrade from SM despite a longer development cycle and more powerful console.

The only way Game Freak will be forced to change is if they see a massive drop in sales. Many attribute the 3D games lack of a complex storyline to Gen V's weak sales, which really just proves my point. If everyone complaining on Twitter cancelled their preorders and either skipped SWSH or bought it used a few weeks later, there's zero chance that the shareholders will let Game Freak ship another game without the full dex available. If the community really wants change, then they need to be willing to not keep giving Game Freak money for subpar experiences.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Ok I feel yet again I need to explain how Game Freak and Pokémon development works.

Yes, Game Freak is a small company. However, over double the amount of people who work at Game Freak worked on Sun & Moon. Contrary to belief, they do outsource:

Nintendo aid in development of the complex systems including online
Creatures Inc. help with the 3D animation and model creation

They do outsource and they do get staff on when they need help.

They clearly didn't take this decision lightly. This isn't them being lazy or not having enough staff in Game Freak. Let's look at the actual facts here

there's zero chance that the shareholders will let Game Freak ship another game without the full dex available
Game Freak isn't a publicly traded company

Last edited:

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know which part of that you're struggling to comprehend

Really? Less content is not less content. That's how your statement reads.

See, Black and White had a postgame. Every gen since then as had none, or relatively very little. It's another thing that GF have taken away.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Really? Less content is not less content. That's how your statement reads.

See, Black and White had a postgame. Every gen since then as had none, or relatively very little. It's another thing that GF have taken away.
Na the games have a postgame. They just shifted it so instead of battle facilities, it's a story focused post-game.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Na the games have a postgame. They just shifted it so instead of battle facilities, it's a story focused post-game.
It's hard to say they're equal at all. Delta Episode, besides its questionable quality, lasts not even 2 hours and a lot of it is dialogue.

I liked the Looker stuff in XY, but that was very short and not good enough as previous post-games. SM improved a bit because of the UBs, but also wasn't very long. Personally, I try to do every facility and in-game events in every game and it's just very weak in newer entries. That's the complaint people make, post-games are anemic.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's hard to say they're equal at all. Delta Episode, besides its questionable quality, lasts not even 2 hours and a lot of it is dialogue.

I liked the Looker stuff in XY, but that was very short and not good enough as previous post-games. SM improved a bit because of the UBs, but also wasn't very long. Personally, I try to do every facility and in-game events in every game and it's just very weak in newer entries. That's the complaint people make, post-games are anemic.
Post-game is post-game.

Post-game we may not like is still post-game though

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
It's interesting to think that maybe the reason the backlash is so focused on spamming the hell out of Game Freak/Nintendo/Masuda is because Nintendo fans were kinda trained to do this.

Nintendo wasn't launching the biggest Wii RPGs in the west? Let's flood their call centers, mailboxes, comments and etc so they change their mind!
Nintendo will never re-release Earthbound for the west? Here's their phone number, let's call them everyday for 10+ years!
Tomodachi Life doesn't have gay marriage? Let's spam and hashtag the hell out of them!
Even the horrendous and ridiculous Federation Force backlash made Nintendo review their policies when announcing Metroid.

Nintendo fans are kinda conditioned to throw a fit and spam everyone related to the issue when they don't like a decision because it works. Even if it was never officially confirmed that Nintendo changed their stance on anything based on fans campaigning, it sure looks like it to them. It's still shitty when stuff happens like that fake twitter profile or fans caught in the crossfire though. That's inexcusable.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
It's interesting to think that maybe the reason the backlash is so focused on spamming the hell out of Game Freak/Nintendo/Masuda is because Nintendo fans were kinda trained to do this.

Nintendo wasn't launching the biggest Wii RPGs in the west? Let's flood their call centers, mailboxes, comments and etc so they change their mind!
Nintendo will never re-release Earthbound for the west? Here's their phone number, let's call them everyday for 10+ years!
Tomodachi Life doesn't have gay marriage? Let's spam and hashtag the hell out of them!
Even the horrendous and ridiculous Federation Force backlash made Nintendo review their policies when announcing Metroid.

Nintendo fans are kinda conditioned to throw a fit and spam everyone related to the issue when they don't like a decision because it works. Even if it was never officially confirmed that Nintendo changed their stance on anything based on fans campaigning, it sure looks like it to them. It's still shitty when stuff happens like that fake twitter profile or fans caught in the crossfire though. That's inexcusable.
Yeah instead of telling a company whose products we consume whether we like or dislike a product we should all just do this
e7a.jpg

And god forbid we let the person whose name is on the statement that this thread is based on, and is clearly the guy publicly owning the decision (not sure whether he has really made the decision, but Gamefreak is clearly using him as the fall guy for this), know what we think about this decision.

I know most people here are condemning abusing Masuda or the developers (which I haven't done and condemn anyone else doing it), but there's also a lot of people, especially in the last few pages of this thread, that are equating the voicing of a negative opinion of this game with abuse (and even worse, some are equating this with Gamergate and other abusive fan movements) and that's not okay. I'm certainly pretty mad about this personally, because this is essentially the final nail in the coffin for my association and affection with what used to be my favorite series, but I'll get over it eventually and just move on to other stuff. I've made my decision to not buy the game and I'll politely try and convince others to do the same, given that I don't think this is a direction that we should accept from Gamefreak and Pokemon. You can call that "throwing a fit" (and I don't entirely disagree with you that this happens quite often with Nintendo games), but I think this disappointment is perfectly reasonable from long time and dedicated fans of the games - who've spent hundreds of hours in the deeper mechanics like breeding, creating a living dex, competitive battling - and now feel tossed aside and taken for a ride (especially after being told clearly by Gamefreak last year that Let's Go was for a more casual audience and the next game would be for more dedicated long time fans)

Last edited:

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
But isn't the draw of a new Pokemon game to play a curated adventure by Gamefreak and discover all the new Pokemon whilst checking out some old faves? Why would I want to buy a new Pokemon game to use a load of old pokemon from old games?

I usually do a first playthrough with the new ones, and then start again using the perfect shiny babies that I obtained in the previous generation through HOURS and HOURS of hard work. Moreover, I've been paying Pokémon Bank in part because I had the reasonable expectation of being able to move all my shiny and competitive creatures to (finally!) an HD world. Now I'll only be able to move some. It's only normal that many of us feel backstabbed.

There's lots of people on the defending side that are very close-minded regarding what constitutes the Pokémon experience for others. If so many people are so upset about this, maybe, just maybe, they have reasons.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Yeah instead of telling a company whose products we consume whether we like or dislike a product we should all just do this
e7a.jpg

And god forbid we let the person whose name is on the statement that this thread is based on, and is clearly the guy publicly owning the decision (not sure whether he has really made the decision, but Gamefreak is clearly using him as the fall guy for this), know what we think about this decision.

I know most people here are condemning abusing Masuda or the developers (which I haven't done and condemn anyone else doing it), but there's also a lot of people, especially in the last few pages of this thread, that are equating the voicing of a negative opinion of this game with abuse (and even worse, some are equating this with Gamergate and other abusive fan movements) and that's not okay. I'm certainly pretty mad about this personally, because this is essentially the final nail in the coffin for my association and affection with what used to be my favorite series, but I'll get over it eventually and just move on to other stuff. I've made my decision to not buy the game and I'll politely try and convince others that this is not a direction or behavior we should accept from Gamefreak and Pokemon. You can call that "throwing a fit" (and I don't entirely disagree with you that this happens quite often with Nintendo games), but I think this disappointment is perfectly reasonable from long time and dedicated fans of the games - who've spent hundreds of hours in the deeper mechanics like breeding, creating a living dex, competitive battling - and now feel tossed aside and taken for a ride (especially after being told clearly by Gamefreak last year that Let's Go was for a more casual audience and the next game would be for more dedicated long time fans)

I agree with you dude lol I was just wondering why the Nintendo fanbase is usually so vocal. Other game fanbases usually just throw a fit at the official forums/reddit and most backlash dies there. Nintendo fans are usually the ones ringing Nintendo up, spamming them with emails, tweets, letters, comments, smoke signals, morse code transmission, etc.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
I agree with you dude lol I was just wondering why the Nintendo fanbase is usually so vocal. Other game fanbases usually just throw a fit at the official forums/reddit and most backlash dies there. Nintendo fans are usually the ones ringing Nintendo up, spamming them with emails, tweets, letters, comments, smoke signals, morse code transmission, etc.
Lol I guess I misunderstood your tone. But honestly, is it really that Nintendo centric? From the last two years or so only, I can remember Fallout 76, Diablo Immortal and Star Wars Battlefront 2 that had pretty long running and elaborate backlash movements. And the various Fallout 76 controversies and the Battlefront 2 debacle were clearly bigger in size and scale than this Pokemon backlash

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Lol I guess I misunderstood your tone. But honestly, is it really that Nintendo centric? From the last two years or so only, I can remember Fallout 76, Diablo Immortal and Star Wars Battlefront 2 that had pretty long running and elaborate backlash movements. And the various Fallout 76 controversies and the Battlefront 2 debacle were clearly bigger in size and scale than this Pokemon backlash

Hmm. My impression was that the whole Battlefront 2 debacle mostly took place on reddit (before gaming sites picked up on it anyway). But you're right, FO76 and Diablo Immortal were also pretty big. I'd classify Blizzard fans in the same kind of passion-based crazyness as Nintendo fans though. But I don't think even FO76 got to the point of people actually mailing in actual letters through the actual mail HAHA.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Those were bigger but not so crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.