• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Evening All. I have a little message from Denis Dyack to everyone on Reset Era. Best known as the creator of such notable titles as Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Eternal Darkness and Too Human he was also a member of NeoGAF a long time ago. Seeing as its no little secret that a good amount of us migrated over here from NeoGAF and being the nexus of a lot gaming news, discussion and the like its obvious a lot of developers would have noticed and acknowledged the migration. Denis was one of those who watched things go down and during the QuantumCast he had something he had a message he wanted to give us.

A little background on how this thread was made. I was scanning the thread made about the Eurogamer coverage of the creation of Reset Era and noticed Denis had posted (Post #812) about wanting to create a thread but that he didn't have the ability to yet. I got in contact with him and we spoke a bit and this thread is the result. And with out further ado here is the link to Denis's message to everyone at Reset Era.

Time Stamp Link to Denis' Message

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a chill guy. I actually enjoyed too human in its own way. Even if incredibly hard because of the controller theme lol.
He's already here isn't he? How come he's a junior I thought he got in during the initial waves.

He could always request an industry account, but I guess for most if they don't plan to post much it isn't necessary outside of the tag recognizing them as much.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole Dyack drama was my first time hearing about NeoGAF. Really cool to see him posting here and I hope his experience doesn't turn out like that.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I actually bought Too Human back in the day (has it been that long). Game had lots of potential, shame we never got a sequel. I was only able to skim thru his comments, but overall, I feel like he's right. ResetEra has a chance to be positive, have good discussion, and not be held back by baggage/bias/mods. Hopefully we can do that.

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Seems like a chill guy. I actually enjoyed too human in its own way. Even if incredibly hard because of the controller theme lol.
Yeah he definitely does. Never played Too Human though, unfortunately didn't seem my kinda game but I wish him well for the future and will definitely check out anything he makes in the future, depending on what he has to say on his stance on GG.

Last edited:

larrybud

Oct 25, 2017
well hell yeah. thank you, Denis. ResetEra has the potential to one day be more impactful than Neogaf in its prime. and because of the circumstances of its founding, the potential is there for a more positive and gracious impact.

Last edited:

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
The whole Dyack drama was my first time hearing about NeoGAF. Really cool to see him posting here and I hope his experience doesn't turn out like that.

Yeah, I remember I had shown up a little before but went to the beach for a week and checked in and saw all the crazy drama going down. Still kinda crazy that it all happened.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
Hi Dennis, welcome.

I've got a crazy Sanity idea/challenge mechanic based on night terrors I used to have as a kid that I'd love to share with you sometime. I posted it on the SotE forms after backing in the past.

Best wishes on the fresh start here.

Nicko

Jessmo24

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hey, Dennis

Have you ever thought about starting a relationship again with Nintendo?
It seems like you were a good fit for each other.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Some salient points. Now, how to get people to be a little more thoughtful with what they express, a little more courteous and a lot less self indulgent and immature.
Solve that riddle, and you've got something to work with.

DanteRavenkin

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I love seeing posts and the like from developers and press and look forward to more. ResetERA has already proven to be a positive space to me, and I hope it stays that way for everyone!

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I really like his comment about responding to something like "does 1+1=2?" and either responding yes or no versus the attacks that ignore the question and just derail any potential feedback. I agree we're in the perfect position to build this community the right way, if we all want it, and I know we all do. We're all here for the fresh start and an even better place to talk about what we love. Let's try to remember that when the discussions get heated and not go crazy like other communities can - that's not us.

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome seeing devs here. Some great games you have been involved in. Welcome.

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
While I've already seen people too eager reverting to their old ways (driveby hate, transphobic posts, derailing thread just to shit on a game with baseless accuse, calling out each other as toxicity etc), I believe the moderation transparency and the improved report/ignore features here will keep things from getting out of control

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Dennis, I was just playin Eternal Darkness on Dolphin this Halloween with my family and it's as awesome as I remembered!

Come on home.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I hope ResetEra will be far kinder and more constructive, rather than toxic and obnoxious, to game devs. Seeing the mods here actively warn people to knock off the "lol lazy devs" shitposts has been certainly encouraging.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice positive message.

I hope the current tone continues. I saw a little bit of console wars flaring up in the 1X threads but the mods were quick to keep people on topic.

I like his attack the 1 + 1 argument, not the person stance.
Even with a positive environment I don't really expect the devs to come back. One wrong post and you end up as a headline on all the gaming news sites. I'm grateful to any games industry members who choose to post openly here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ve9Y3.gif

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Always liked him. Although, I never knew he was a proponent of gamergate.

Last edited:

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Ok instead of dog piling on the guy let him come in here and explain himself. Everyone deserves a second chance and a chance to explain themselves.

mkp64

Oct 25, 2017
I've enjoyed my time here more than the other site due to the sheer amount of positive vibes lol. I hope more people from the industry post here... that's what got me into that other site.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I want him to be stubborn and pitch Too Human 2 to Microsoft. I think with the right team he can realize his vision for this game and make it works, just need to be focused. Too Human wasn't trash, just wasn't the second come he was bragging.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Did he ever? (Legitimate question, not sarcasm!)

What Trudeau said

"My mom raised me to be a feminist. My father raised me, he was a different generation but he raised me to respect and defend everyone's rights, and I deeply grounded my own identity in that, and I am proud to say that I am a feminist.

"The things we see online, whether it is issues like Gamergate or video games misogyny in popular culture, it is something that we need to stand clearly against."

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.