• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
As for going through Z arcs. Apart from Legacy of Goku , how many other good Z RPGs are even there ?
Legendary Super Warriors is a surprisingly legit GBC DBZ RPG that starts at Vegeta and Nappa's arrival and goes all the way to the final Kid Buu fight.

There's Attack of the Saiyans on DS too, though that's basically only the Saiyan saga with a ton of filler between Raditz and Nappa's fights.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it's an original story that spans the multiverses, timelines etc.

Also, is this from the same leak that mentioned a JoJo fighting game?

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
The wording is weird. I assume this new project will not release this year.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This could end up being pretty bad given the track record but who knows maybe they do something interesting.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man I am still catching up on DBS, so don't wanna spoil anything in terms of characters.
The Tournament of Power is finally looking like what a successor from DBZ should remotely be. Everything else before that was just..bad.

Oct 31, 2017
Man I am still catching up on DBS, so don't wanna spoil anything in terms of characters.
The Tournament of Power is finally looking like what a successor from DBZ should remotely be. Everything else before that was just..bad.
Probably in the minority here but Tournament of Power turned out to be my favorite arc of Dragonbal. I hope you enjoy it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The action RPG sounds fun, but no OG DB or Super content is a bit disappointing.

As for Jiren, we all expected him to get in FighterZ, so I guess it makes sense to get the obvious one out of the way first.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Probably wouldn't qualify as an action RPG, but my dream would be a Tournament of Power game where you could play as anyone in Team Universe 7 and fight through the Tournament in any number of ways. I imagine them making up for the lack of locations/story/playable characters with amazing gameplay, voice acting for every potential matchup and a massive variety of fully voiced-acted and animated reactions to all the different things you could potentially choose to do.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
The bigger question is whose developing? My guess, the team that developed Xenoverse, I can see this as being the spiritual successor to Xenoverse 2.

The engine is already created, I'm hoping its had enough time to bake in the oven though. I hope they never release a game on the level of DBZ Sagas.

Regarding the story, if it is the Xenoverse team, I can imagine it being another created character going through their time line bullsh*t. I'm hoping for a brand new story created for the game but FighterZ was so bad it was laughable in regards to its story.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The wording makes it looks like the project is just starting this year, which would mean a crossgen title, or maybe even just PS5/Xbox 4.

This sounds far =(

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The only Dragon Ball RPG I want is the equivalent to OG Dragon Ball meets Breath of the Wild. Just young Goku exploring the wild world and going on little adventures interacting with the weird locals and factions.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
It's going to be a mix between Xenoverse and One Piece World Seeker

At least the graphics will be good if CC2 are making it. World Seeker has a really bad look about it.

The only Dragon Ball RPG I want is the equivalent to OG Dragon Ball meets Breath of the Wild. Just young Goku exploring the wild world and going on little adventures interacting with the weird locals and factions.

That would be RAD.

(I suggest you play all of the Dragon Quest games.)

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I don't get why people want to exclude dragonball and super, do you really want to limit the games to raditz to buu?

Oct 25, 2017
The bigger question is whose developing? My guess, the team that developed Xenoverse, I can see this as being the spiritual successor to Xenoverse 2.

The engine is already created, I'm hoping its had enough time to bake in the oven though. I hope they never release a game on the level of DBZ Sagas.

Regarding the story, if it is the Xenoverse team, I can imagine it being another created character going through their time line bullsh*t. I'm hoping for a brand new story created for the game but FighterZ was so bad it was laughable in regards to its story.
Too bad it's only covering Z content.

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with this being limited to Z arcs. For an A-RPG, Z's are far better on a story development point of view than Super's are.

Like, there is barely any story to make a RPG out of Super's arcs to be honest. Only the Zamasu/Black one could fit, the rest is tournaments.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I mean, if it's a proper RPG, it's going to be a long game. They probably have to pick between storyline for Z and Super. Super's story arcs just don't feature much character development, Z felt like it has a better beginning, middle and end of the stories. Super is just a series of tournament, with a random arc about going into the future Trunks timeline. Most importantly, Super is a sequel series based on Z. You make a game, it should be stand alone for the person who bought the game. Since this is a new game, not a sequel, and it's a story-based RPG, you can't jump straight to Super and skip DBZ.
Yeah, Z makes more sense than Super then. Almost any of the major arcs from Z lend itself to an RPG, something which I think Super would struggle with (hell, over 40 episodes of Super's 131 are tournament/exhibition matches).

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I've always wanted a Dragonball game using the Tales of engine. Thiugh One Piece is probably better for that since theres an actual tangible party lol

Quebaz

Nov 15, 2017
Most importantly, Super is a sequel series based on Z. You make a game, it should be stand alone for the person who bought the game. Since this is a new game, not a sequel, and it's a story-based RPG, you can't jump straight to Super and skip DBZ.

By this logic the game should start at the beginning of the story, with Goku as a kid hunting for the Dragon Balls with Bulma.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I'm fine with this being limited to Z arcs. For an A-RPG, Z's are far better on a story development point of view than Super's are.

Like, there is barely any story to make a RPG out of Super's arcs to be honest. Only the Zamasu/Black one could fit, the rest is tournaments.
This isn't a reason to exclude the first half of the series though. Red Ribbon army arc is a perfect RPG story

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Id have more faith in it if it were Dragon Ball, but I dont really mind it being Z. I dont care how much Z arcs were covered in various games in the past, I mainly just care that it's an action RPG. An actual good action RPG taking place at any point in DB would feel fresh to me. Id prefer some kind of original story though.

Now that I really think of it, I don't think Dragon Ball Super arcs would fit a good arpg well anyway. Except for maybe the Black arc but eh.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This game is very, very likely going to be extremely bad. Dragonball is a very difficult IP to adapt well, and every time they've tried to make an RPG based off of it except for Attack of the Saiyans it's kind of collapsed in on itself like a black hole. And even Attack of the Saiyans wasn't that great.

This isn't a reason to exclude the first half of the series though. Red Ribbon army arc is a perfect RPG story

The big issue with doing OG Dragonball is just that it would take way too long to get through, and most mainstream DB fans don't care that much about kid Goku. OG DB would make a lot of sense for an RPG, but it just doesn't have the kind of spectacle I think people would want out of a Dragonball RPG project.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
This game is very, very likely going to be extremely bad. Dragonball is a very difficult IP to adapt well, and every time they've tried to make an RPG based off of it except for Attack of the Saiyans it's kind of collapsed in on itself like a black hole. And even Attack of the Saiyans wasn't that great.

The big issue with doing OG Dragonball is just that it would take way too long and most mainstream DB fans don't care that much about kid Goku. OG DB would make a lot of sense for an RPG, but it just doesn't have the kind of spectacle I think people would want out of a Dragonball RPG project.
They would if it was actually included.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They would if it was actually included.

Perhaps. I don't think it would make sense, though. The tonal shift between DB and Z is too stark, it would be really weird to derp around for 20 hours as Kid Goku and then suddenly shift to adult Goku and fight Raditz.

The two series should be kept distinct.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Perhaps. I don't think it would make sense, though. The tonal shift between DB and Z is too stark, it would be really weird to derp around for 20 hours as Kid Goku and then suddenly shift to adult Goku and fight Raditz.

The two series should be kept distinct.
I don't really agree at all. What's the tonal shift between Goku vs piccolo and Goku vs raditz.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really agree at all. What's the tonal shift between Goku vs piccolo and Goku vs raditz.

It's more of a gradual shift overall, but. Again. You can't put a game out with Kid Goku on the cover as the main character. They've tried so many times and the West just isn't interested.