• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
kB5lNq1.gif

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I can't fucking wait. Collector's Edition of Doom Eternal has been on pre-order since they became available, I got a Samsung Odyssey + for Half Life Alyx, and I'm reallyyy excited for Halo.. I have my fingers crossed that it's gonna be the total package, both multiplayer and single player

2020 is my kind of year

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
there's also a new Ori and the blind forest game and new final fantasy remake and also new animal crossing game and a pokémon mystery dungeon remake and

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that's a perfect three opening post, you can lock this now

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly feel like jury's still out on Halo until we actually see the game

Lol no, even WHEN they show gameplay people are gonna be skeptical

Not that I don't blame them. I remember listening to Hunt The Truth, seeing those Chief vs Locke commercials, getting hyped as heck, just to be really disappointed in the campaign. Multiplayer was great, but that campaign was just not that fun, and 343i knows that

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda OT but i recently realized after all these years that Doom 3's plot structure is basically a ripoff of Half-Life.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Doom and Halo aren't nearly what they used to be. Half life game is a VR game so it is not equivalent to a Half Life 3 or traditional game.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Mods should close this thread, it can only go downhill after peaking in the first replies

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Doom and Halo aren't nearly what they used to be. Half life game is a VR game so it is not equivalent to a Half Life 3 or traditional game.

I mean, you haven't played any of them. But counter points to consider.

1. Doom is likely going to be way better than it was in 2004. Doom 3 isn't horrible, but the new Doom series is incredible and is all about the rapid violent gory shooty fun that was in the originals, translated to a Y-axis 3D world. 2004's Doom is no contest.

2. Halo 4 and 5 were really not my favorite, but Halo 4's multiplayer really really improved, and 5's multiplayer is seriously good. I was very skeptical, but it's an excellent shooter. One of the most fun I've had in a multiplayer shooter, and I'm a pretty big Halo purist I feel like. The story in 4 was very meh, and 5's was worse, but the levels got a lot more open in 5 after being very very narrow and extremely samey in 4. Still have work to do, but on a lot of fronts Infinite is seeking to be a huge reboot of the series mechanically. They've said they want us to look at the art style for example, which has way stronger ties to the old halo, especially CE, as an indication they are committed to reevaluating learning from what the old games do well. I know they've done this before, but still, I think it's worth keeping your eyes out for and not writing off right away.

3. Half-life has always been at the forefront of technological innovation. I know that sounds like a PR piece. But it's true. Every time they do Half life is because they want to explore something new. The whole point of Half-life is not to be a traditional game. That has always been their focus.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so much more pumped for Half-Life Alyx than I would have been with a new traditional-display Half-Life. I'm unreasonably excited for it. Doom's gonna rule so much. and yeah I'll like Halo.

yes it's all good

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I ever get VR Half Life Alyx will likely be one of the first games I get for it. Doom Eternal looks good, and I've been craving a new Halo since like 2 years ago. Let it commence.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I wish we had 3 more FPS franchises with great campaigns as impactful as these

Jan 11, 2018
It's missing Metroid Prime, Ratchet and Clank, and Metal Gear Solid still sadly. And they all don't come out in the month of November :p.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Im not sure if Infinite will make it in 2020, even HL:A i have doubts. Doom Eternal looks hype however.