• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Bug Buzz send it's regards.
I like that they're trying to move away from tiny cute mythical for a while now, but that's a miss for me.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like that design quite a lot, but cripes GF, can you go like 5 minutes without making another monkey related mon? I'm so weary of having nearly 1000 pokemon but touching upon so many overdone animals.
yes, yes I know there's tons of variants of species in the world but it's not like Zarude is doing anything new, we've got angry monkeys and grass monkeys already.

But to reiterate, I do like the design.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Mythical we're never regal. Are people confusing them with cover legends l?

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah despite loving the Gen 8 designs I am not really feeling this one. Nothing about it seems "legendary" in any way, and frankly I am really tired of monkey pokemon. I was hoping it was more like a garagoyle thing based off the silhouette. Typing is pretty cool though.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that it doesn't look like a Mythical, looks like a regular Pokemon. The design is okay, but a really odd choice for this gen considering the Grookey line. Shame the type and ability suck.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Why are people conflating "Mythical Pokemon" with "tiny pixie pokemon"? Deoxys, Darkrai, Genesect, Volcanion and Zeraora are all Mythical.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people conflating "Mythical Pokemon" with "tiny pixie pokemon"? Deoxys, Darkrai, Genesect, Volcanion and Zeraora are all Mythical.

Because as far as the US is concerned, many of us have only considered those Pokemon to be mythical

Learning that stuff like Darkrai is also one, that Japan classified differently really had me messed up, I only just found out recently too lol

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
yes, but the drawback to that is players who aren't close to wherever the stores are don't get it at all. I'm really curious to see how western mythical releases are going to work now that Gamestop seems to be sundowning.
This hasn't been an issue since the Arceus distribution, literally haven't seen one complaint from any outlet that they would rather pay for a mythical than drive to gamestop of which there are thousands even post closing, also we don't know how distribution will work in this game, it has a more broad online footprint so they can distribute it in the game itself as well via a one time raid

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Because as far as the US is concerned, many of us have only considered those Pokemon to be mythical

Learning that stuff like Darkrai is also one, that Japan classified differently really had me messed up, I only just found out recently too lol
Yeah, I remember seeing this used for the first time IIRC during Gen 5 with Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect distributions. Still, we haven't had an old-school 100-all pixie mythical since Victini, right?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
This hasn't been an issue since the Arceus distribution, literally haven't seen one complaint from any outlet that they would rather pay for a mythical than drive to gamestop of which there are thousands even post closing, also we don't know how distribution will work in this game, it has a more broad online footprint so they can distribute it in the game itself as well via a one time raid
Until I moved in 2016 the closest GameStop to me was 2 hours away. I've always thought the GameStop exclusive distributions were dumb because of that and it's only going to get worse as stores close.