• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Almost as hideous as Grimmsnarl, the amount of humanoid types this generation is ridiculous. It looks more like a night Grookey final evo than a mythical.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Almost as hideous as Grimmsnarl, the amount of humanoid types this generation is ridiculous. It looks more like a night Grookey final evo than a mythical.
I will not hear any Grimmsnarl slander, he's the best.
I like this thing too, vicious looking and brutal is a new look for a mythical and I'm definitely into it. I like this thing better than RIllaboom tbh. Its unique for a mythical and doesn't fit the general design mold of the majority of them, but its pretty in line with mythicals like Darkrai and Hoopa-unbound

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Until I moved in 2016 the closest GameStop to me was 2 hours away. I've always thought the GameStop exclusive distributions were dumb because of that and it's only going to get worse as stores close.
This isn't a common issue though and solving the problem via a paywall for the few isn't going to make the many happy

I prefer a raid distribution myself and I'll even take a quest in the dlc because I know I'm
already buying it but there's already outroar from people who still think they need to pay to get the 200 mons, also if this mythical was going to be distributed in such a way they would have claimed so sooner with the expac announcement or with this announcement

they could also broaden the location selection which they have done in the past if they aren't comfortable with the options so as it's void an Arceus situation

Last edited:

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Mythicals are starting to look very vanilla nowadays.
They barely have any lore attached to them.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
It looks so angry... and evil. I love it.

Zarude is my son now and I won't tolerate any slander aimed at him!

I can get people thinking Zarude doesn't look "mythical" enough (same problem Zeraora had) but I don't understand those calling it a bad design. I feel like it succinctly gets the idea of a rude, irate monkey/lemur well while also being sleek.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a common issue though and solving the problem via a paywall for the few isn't going to make the many happy

I prefer a raid distribution myself and I'll even take a quest in the dlc because I know I'm already buying it but there's already outroar from people who still think they need to pay to get the 200 mons, also if this mythical was going to be distributed in such a way they would have claimed so sooner with the expac announcement or with this announcement
It's a brand new Pokemon that isn't in the game's files, it's not something we're owed for free. If it is part of the DLC I don't think they would have needed to say that yet, as the trailer said the details will be released later.
The main reason I want it in the DLC so we can have a Mythical finally feel like it's part of the world again. I've never liked them handing out the Mythical with no in game fan fare, being given an item that allows me to catch the Pokemon was always way cooler. Hell, they could still do that as part of a free update.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Anyone who says that we don't need another grass monkey doesn't understand the simple and unshakable fact that grass monkeys are the best

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Because as far as the US is concerned, many of us have only considered those Pokemon to be mythical

Learning that stuff like Darkrai is also one, that Japan classified differently really had me messed up, I only just found out recently too lol
Darkrai, Arceus, Volcanion, etc have always been referred to as Mythicals in the US.
Only Deoxys was classified differently, and only since 6th gen.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's a brand new Pokemon that isn't in the game's files, it's not something we're owed for free. If it is part of the DLC I don't think they would have needed to say that yet, as the trailer said the details will be released later.
The main reason I want it in the DLC so we can have a Mythical finally feel like it's part of the world again. I've never liked them handing out the Mythical with no in game fan fare, being given an item that allows me to catch the Pokemon was always way cooler. Hell, they could still do that as part of a free update.
Arceus and deoxys were distributions that had quests associated with them, Arceus had a pretty insane one actually so it wouldn't be a new development

And no, we aren't owed anything but thinking from an obvious standpoint suggests they missed 2 VERY key opportunities to further sell a dlc and announce this as being a part of it, there's absolutely zero reason to not announce this as being apart of dlc already if it was, they gain and lose nothing except fan reception to gauge future distributions

also there's also zero reason this can't be a raid distribution limiting you to one catch, they are 100% capable of that

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
With mythicals and legendaries they don't really care about making them competitive, which is how we get things like the primal.

The viability of this Pokemon for Smogon will depend on stats, moveset, and signature moveset though.
Almost all of them have great abilities.
Soul Heart, Technician, Natural Cure, Serene Grace, Multitype, Download, Clear Body, Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, and Iron Fist.

Manaphy has the same ability, but for Rain, but at least pure Water is a better typing.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Arceus and deoxys were distributions that had quests associated with them, Arceus had a pretty insane one actually so it wouldn't be a new development
I know, all of the Myhticals in Gens 3 and 4 had areas that you went to to catch them, it wasn't until Gen 5 that they gave up on that, though Victini was lucky. But I don't see Game Freak going through the effort of making an area to catch this Pokemon, no matter how small the area, without monetizing it. I'd love to be wrong about that, but the DLC seems like the best chance for the Mythical to be properly integrated into the games.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It looks like Miss Simian from Amazing World of Gumball.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I don't think it's a bad design in a vacuum, but I do think it's a bad mythical Pokemon design, which I guess isn't anything new. I think most of the mythical designs after Gen 5 have been pretty iffy. I think Diancie and Marshadow are the only ones I like.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Great typing.

Awful design.

Nothing about the design or reveal style feels "mythical" or special in any way.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I like it. They didn't go for something cutesy, which is a nice change of pace.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This is quite clearly Serebii coloured. The green is bang on...the grey is slightly darker

ERya810WoAAroay

With the TCG set tying in with the movie focusing on Celebi and the Pokémon 4Ever Celebi shrine appearing in the initial trailer, I do wonder if they have a relationship

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017

And no, we aren't owed anything but thinking from an obvious standpoint suggests they missed 2 VERY key opportunities to further sell a dlc and announce this as being a part of it, there's absolutely zero reason to not announce this as being apart of dlc already if it was, they gain and lose nothing except fan reception to gauge future distributions

also there's also zero reason this can't be a raid distribution limiting you to one catch, they are 100% capable of that

Sword and Shield raid or a GO raid? Personally I always preferred wifi distribution. F*** Gamestop, most of the time they want you to buy something before they would give you a code.