• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 1, 2017
Every day we stray further from God.

(this movie is probably going to be such a car crash that it will be entertaining in a "Look how fucking terrible this movie is" way that will get torn to shreds by people like Moviebitches so at least there is that)

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
As it was foretold

evolution-of-sonic_o_2835017.jpg
Loooooooool

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
sonic-movie13-2.jpg

Wait wait wait... sonic is a fucking hedgehog who can run fast but he's gonna drive a car in the movie.. gotta get faster I guess sonic

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why you can't have short and chubby CGI Sonic in your movie.

Detective Pikachu doesn't look like a monstrosity, why does this have to?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the Super Mario Bros. movie isn't looking so bad anymore...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Classic Sonic looked adorable and cute, too bad his loose-humanization modern design took off instead.

Yeah the Adventure Sonic is fine enough, but it pales in comparison to the classic design. I feel the same way about all the cast honestly. You can drop the Classic Sonic character in nigh any scenario and you could make it work.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
But once you recognize the secret reason for his legs and appearance, you will feel ashamed of your words and deeds.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic keeps showing why it's one of the worst managed videogame IPs

I wonder if due to Forces' lackluster sales and reception the franchise will get put on a sort of lockdown with Mania being the face for the time being. I can't imagine this movie endearing anyone to Sonic, and eventually the dud games aren't going to sell on brand recognition alone.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just seeing those fucking legs again gave me chills. Who the fuck thinks this looks like a hero? Michael Myers would fucking RUN from that thing.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This looks gloriously bad; I don't think I'll be there opening weekend but if it lives up to my expectations of schlock quality it could be special for all the wrong reasons and it might warrant a theatrical viewing.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Remember when we got Sonic Maina and everyone was like oh I'm so happy.

All that good will and feelings from the fans towards Sonic bout to be thrown out the window, Sega could barely manage a year without f**king it up agian.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Spider-verse and Detective Pikachu (if the latter delivers) both do super well so Hollywood can finally get out of its funk of thinking cute/"unrealistic" character designs and visuals aren't marketable

like imagine if we got a full movie animated like the Sonic Mania shorts, it'd be phenomenal and sweep awards. It'd even be great with "modern" Sonic, just look at how stylish the comic books are these days