• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
7qmoh6fmu.gif

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This will be a disaster, won't it? I am one of those people that isn't negative about videogame movies necessarily, I could live with stories changing as long as some of the game's feel was left in (stuff like the Hitman, the Tomb Raider or the Doom movies had good elements for example). But this... ugh... I just fail to see a way to get a decent movie out of this. Best case scenario I can think of is some cringy version of Ted that has nothing to do with Sonic. Every other option in my mind is far worse.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I wonder if due to Forces' lackluster sales and reception the franchise will get put on a sort of lockdown with Mania being the face for the time being. I can't imagine this movie endearing anyone to Sonic, and eventually the dud games aren't going to sell on brand recognition alone.
Why would they lock anything down?
They got comics and a game coming out next year
And we don't know how much forces sold

Horrific movie or no , no reason for them to stop.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
This will not end well...

Looks like an average guy wearing blue pijamas and red sneakers.

Chronus

Nov 2, 2017
Why has god abandoned us? If there was a fandom that did not need any more weird shit, specifically in an "official" way, was Sonic's.

The_Ultima

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Germany
Mark my words, this is gonna be worse than the old Mario movie.

There are lines you should´t cross when using hyperbole. This is one of those lines.

I expect the movie to be pretty bad but I do think that ERA users just jump on a bandwagon by ******** on Sonic´s design.
I don´t quite like it either to be clear.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I saw this on twitter.

DuKbeJHWkAAoPYU.jpg:large

I honestly thought it was real. Wouldn't surprise me.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Shh, guys!

Let's all say it's good so maybe they won't change a thing, please!

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's so bad it's good! :))
But I still think the final design isn't that bad and will be better than we expect.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
This could be the greatest video game movie tie in ever! I'm very much looking forward to seeing the video game based on the Sonic movie, just need that one company that can nail it!

Lordciego

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Besides licensing Sega should have keep the right to give the final approval on the design, but well knowing how Sega thinks i dont know what option is worst.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
I do like how they visualised how fast he is in the poster (speed streaks through the city to his location, and he even has enough time to sit down and rest before the streaks fade).

Those legs look gross. I'll remain open to this though.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was never really a fan of Sonic, but I realize that he's apparently got a huge fanbase and used to be very popular... However, I really don't understand what's going on with the gigantic drama surround those two posters, can someone ELI5 this for me? I mean, the movie was announced as a live action movie with Jim Carrey starring, did anyone honestly expect Sonic was going to look like he does in the 3D games?

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
hey since Jim Carrey is in this, might as well get Jeff Goldblum to play Sonic, and call it Sonic: Earth Girls are Easy 2

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I was never really a fan of Sonic, but I realize that he's apparently got a huge fanbase and used to be very popular... However, I really don't understand what's going on with the gigantic drama surround those two posters, can someone ELI5 this for me? I mean, the movie was announced as a live action movie with Jim Carrey starring, did anyone honestly expect Sonic was going to look like he does in the 3D games?

You could adapt his design slightly, much like Detective Pikachu or something similar. The design looks hideous to look at, their aim should have been to make him still look pleasant to view.