• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Creating a troll thread
On April 15th, a Nintendo Direct, hosted by Doug Bowser and Reggie Fils-Aime, would be awesome.

Nintendo has always been a very fan servicing company. From the events they host to the Nintendo Direct presentations we all get to enjoy to the one on one openness they give us at venues such as E3...they're a pretty cool group.

I was thinking that with April 15th being Reggie's last day, could there be a Nintendo Direct planned? Something fun like Doug opening it up and getting ready to announce a new game, but Reggie steps in and says "Hold on, let me kick ass and take names...one last time."

(And I get it, to be a little more family friendly, he might not say "ass", but you get the picture.)

From here we get a cool new reveal and then the show proceeds as it normally would with Doug and other Nintendo folk leading the rest of the way. Throw in one final game at the end where Doug and Shuntaro Furukawa bring Reggie back in, asking if he would like to show off one more game and Reggie says, "No, now the time is yours" and Doug proceeds with said last title/perhaps a small montage of Reggie over the years.

What do you all think of a possible Nintendo Direct on April 15th and it going a little bit like how I suggested? Also...wanting it to happen/actual likelihood or two different things of course!

Last edited:

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Thought this was confirmation of a direct and instead it was just an excuse to post your selfies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always found it funny Reggie is retiring on Tax Day lol. It doesn't mean anything, just found it funny.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Hey OP, I remember you. Weren't you the guy behind that Metroid x Star Fox rumour from like, a decade ago?

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn OP, kudos for finding a way to troll us all you fucker. It was pretty clever I give you that.

EDIT: This "Would be awesome" thing will reach meme status, its so bad its good.

OP
OP
PaulGaleNetwork
Dec 11, 2017
Omg, thought this was an announcement of something.

No, but hopefully something like that happens!

Title had me believe we got a confirmed nintendo direct for April 15.

What I meant was that it would be nice if it happened.

rip op, ya dun goofed lad

That definitely wasn't the intention.

O/U on people thinking a Direct is happening on April 15 because of the way the title is worded?

I was suggesting that something like this happening would be a nice idea.

It was intended to be a fun idea for us to agree upon.

OP, why you hurt us like this, damnit.

Shoot. I didn't mean to!

Misread the title but yeah i'd love that.

Yeah! That would be awesome.

Thought this was confirmation of a direct and instead it was just an excuse to post your selfies.

No, not a confirmation. It was simply be really cool.

Imagine if Reggie ends up working for Google's gaming platform, lol

That would be a tough hit!

That title. C'mon man......

I was expecting a direct.

Dang, I was just providing a fun idea.

I miss Reggie in Directs. Let him have one last ride dammit

Exactly!

Lol at the title. But I'd enjoy this, it would be a nice tribute.

Heck yeah it would!

And seemingly deliberately trolling in the process.

Absolutely not.

Sorry about the confusion.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think an actual Direct is necessary, but it would be cool to see a final departure video from Reggie in which Doug is there alongside him.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My mind a moment ago:

"OMGANINTENDODIRECTONREGGIESLASTDAY but wait, that's not for another month why would they announce it now OH COME ON"

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
On April 15th, a Nintendo Direct, hosted by Doug Bowser and Reggie Fils-Aime, would be awesome.

Nintendo has always been a very fan servicing company. From the events they host to the Nintendo Direct presentations we all get to enjoy to the one on one openness they give us at venues such as E3...they're a pretty cool group.

I was thinking that with April 15th being Reggie's last day, could there be a Nintendo Direct planned? Something fun like Doug opening it up and getting ready to announce a new game, but Reggie steps in and says "Hold on, let me kick ass and take names...one last time."

(And I get it, to be a little more family friendly, he might not say "ass", but you get the picture.)

From here we get a cool new reveal and then the show proceeds as it normally would with Doug and other Nintendo folk leading the rest of the way. Throw in one final game at the end where Doug and Shuntaro Furukawa bring Reggie back in, asking if he would like to show off one more game and Reggie says, "No, now the time is yours" and Doug proceeds with said last title/perhaps a small montage of Reggie over the years.

What do you all think of a possible Nintendo Direct on April 15th and it going a little bit like how I suggested? Also...wanting it to happen/actual likelihood or two different things of course!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-ot.98257/

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
What i can see more likely: Doug Bowser having his speech during the E3 Direct, and both Doug and Reggie showing up during a Treehouse Live segment.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
OP did this on purpose, obviously. Maybe I'll start a thread called "Sony purchases Take Two, exclusively secures all future Rockstar Games, that would be neat"

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
And at the end, Reggie says "now before I hand over the reins...one more thing"

Mother 3 finally comes to NA, later today

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
In this Nintendo Dir-reggie, we will learn that Reggie is actually Sakurai's Stand, Star Fil-Aimes

Status
Not open for further replies.