• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
The long and short of it is, someone's stolen Han Solo's carbonite-encased form from Boba Fett, who was on the cusp of delivering it to Jabba the Hutt.

Who, you might ask? Well...
SoqfEJd.png

l6tjv47.png

SPOILER_Screenshot_2021-06-02_062527.png

Yep, Crimson Dawn is back, and so is Qi'ra. And they've pissed off Boba Fett so RIP

Amazon.com: Star Wars: War Of The Bounty Hunters (2021) #1 (of 5) eBook : Soule, Charles, McNiven, Steve, McNiven, Steve, Ross, Luke: Kindle Store

Buy Star Wars: War Of The Bounty Hunters (2021) #1 (of 5): Read Kindle Store Reviews - Amazon.com

Last edited:

Deleted member 90924

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2021
Man, I know Solo was a commercial disappointment, but an underworld Star Wars show with an ensemble would have been so cool. Han, Qira, Darth Maul, Lando (I know we are getting this as a seperate show), and new characters too

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Don't make me google this stuff. It's the lady from Solo.

starwars.fandom.com

Qi'ra

Lady Qi'ra was a human female crime lord from the planet Corellia who lived during the reign of the Galactic Empire. She grew up on the streets along with Han as part of the White Worms. Though they were at first rivals, the two scrumrats eventually became lovers. Sometime after Qi'ra was made...

Oct 25, 2017
It's also the return of this fucking dude from Genndy's Clone Wars

starwars.fandom.com

Durge

Besides, you heard the guy. He's notoriously hard to kill.Chelli Aphra to Sana Starros, on Durge Durge was a fearsome male Gen'Dai bounty hunter who was active during the Clone Wars and Imperial Era. Durge was involved in the war by working for the Confederacy of Independent Systems against the...

Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused about where that comic takes place in the timeline.

Did Boba Fett lose Han Solo on the way to Jabba's palace or something? I thought he would have brought him straight from Cloud CIty to Jabba. Is this the story of Boba getting Han back from her?

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

starwars.fandom.com

Qi'ra

Lady Qi'ra was a human female crime lord from the planet Corellia who lived during the reign of the Galactic Empire. She grew up on the streets along with Han as part of the White Worms. Though they were at first rivals, the two scrumrats eventually became lovers. Sometime after Qi'ra was made...
Thank you. I had no idea what was going on. Just goes to show how much I paid attention on that movie

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused about where that comic takes place in the timeline.

Did Boba Fett lose Han Solo on the way to Jabba's palace or something? I thought he would have brought him straight from Cloud CIty to Jabba. Is this the story of Boba getting Han back from her?
I know a more direct answer was already given, but

Fett was going straight to Jabba, but then saw that Han was defrosting due to the process being a new thing for people. So he made a pitstop to a guy to fix the process and popsicle Han got stolen while Fett was doing a quick job to pay off the guy fixing things.

Star Wars comics have been pretty consistently great since 2015, and this crossover is building up to be great too.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
The actor who played young Han Solo did a decent job of it (even if his Harrison Ford impersonation amounted to pointing at and leaning towards the person he was talking to), I think he would have been better received if he'd been an under-publicized part of an ensemble cast in a movie that focused less on the origins of Han's blaster, Han's last name, Han's vest, etc.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I had a feeling this is what happened between Maul/Qi-ra eventually. Now make a series about it dammit!

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The actor who played young Han Solo did a decent job of it (even if his Harrison Ford impersonation amounted to pointing at and leaning towards the person he was talking to), I think he would have been better received if he'd been an under-publicized part of an ensemble cast in a movie that focused less on the origins of Han's blaster, Han's last name, Han's vest, etc.
He was the sole bright spot in the movie for me. His performance was really pretty awesome. Shame about the writing though. I couldn't believe how much of the movie was "Remember this about Han? Here's how that started!"

Oct 29, 2017
I know a more direct answer was already given, but

Fett was going straight to Jabba, but then saw that Han was defrosting due to the process being a new thing for people. So he made a pitstop to a guy to fix the process and popsicle Han got stolen while Fett was doing a quick job to pay off the guy fixing things.

Star Wars comics have been pretty consistently great since 2015, and this crossover is building up to be great too.

That does sound pretty entertaining, I'll check it out.

Oct 25, 2017
I will die if this plotline involves freeing Han from carbonite for a sideplot, then putting him back in carbonite to give to Jabba with that last line.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
new canon materials are generally great, but i fell behind in the comics

time to go balls deep once more i guess

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Having loved, and just rewatched, Solo, I'm glad they haven't completely forgotten about these plot threads. I'd still like a second film or a series that is able to continue those stories.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
#JusticeForQira

I don't love Solo but it's cool to see them picking up on its characters. Too bad Jyn Erso is dead, I like her more

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

starwars.fandom.com

Qi'ra

Thank you. I was very confused on who it was.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm glad she's back with Crimson Dawn.

Would be a shame to leave those threads hanging.

But man she's not very notable lol, hopefully she gets more stuff now that they're exploring this.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, co-lead character in a theatrical release....

But we get it, you didn't like Solo

Solo was fine, but I certainly wouldn't call her a co-lead in that movie. Clarke was barely awake for the role, on top of that

Like many others in here, I forgot who she even was. I thought the reference was to Bib Fortuna

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I am a major Star Wars apologist and fan, but I am still critical of how tightly woven these EU plot lines can be. You're telling me that every moment in this universe is jam packed with action around every corner? Can Boba not just deliver this package immediately after acquiring it to Jabba? Kinda stupid imo. The mundane happens and should happen in fictional worlds too.

Sometimes a ship just flies to a place and that should be a-ok.

Last edited:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When am I going to get more animated Cad Bane? Sigh.

Also, Solo was great.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Feels primed for a Bad Batch appearance at some point. It is strange that we haven't had him in anything since TCW S5 (or was it 4?), though.
iirc he was supposed to be killed by Boba in an unproduced TCW arc. That stuff feels like it's in kind of a holding pattern, technically canon unless contradicted on-screen but at the same time doesn't fully exist either. Maybe they'll repurpose at some point in Bad Batch.

OP
OP
Cross-Section

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
iirc he was supposed to be killed by Boba in an unproduced TCW arc. That stuff feels like it's in kind of a holding pattern, technically canon unless contradicted on-screen but at the same time doesn't fully exist either. Maybe they'll repurpose at some point in Bad Batch.
Yep, that's an easy retcon especially since it's unreleased. This reminds me of Aurra Sing's death, though, and makes me wonder if we'll ever see that represented anywhere.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Emilia was the best part of Solo so I am happy that they are finally doing more with Qi'Ra and I am happy that she has survived for so long. Figured that she would be dead after a few years with Maul.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
So instead of Boba Fett just delivering Han Solo to Jabba (doing the bounty hunt he was trying to do in the first place), he goes off and gets Han stolen and now he has to steal it back to give to Jabba? What stupidity is this? I can't with this. Was it really a long time between Ep5 & 6?

OP
OP
Cross-Section

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
So instead of Boba Fett just delivering Han Solo to Jabba (doing the bounty hunt he was trying to do in the first place), he goes off and gets Han stolen and now he has to steal it back to give to Jabba? What stupidity is this? I can't with this. Was it really a long time between Ep5 & 6?
There's about a year in-between ESB and ROTJ, I believe.

Read a bit upthread for more context.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
These "bridge the gap" stories between stuff that happened in the movies are getting kind of ridiculous.

Like I like the whole criminal underworld storylines of Clone Wars/Solo and I'm alright with Q'ira being re-introduced in the comics but why like this?

That Star Wars universe is giant and this makes everything and every character feel so interconnected and as a result makes the entire universe feel so small. The Bad Batch/Mandolrian is doing a lot of the same stuff (though Mando does it much more effectively IMO) and honestly its kind of making me dislike some of this stuff.

The Clone Wars/Rebels/Mando S01 struck the perfect balance with its familiar call backs/fan servicey stuff without making the universe feel like only about 30 people are living in it.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
There's about a year in-between ESB and ROTJ, I believe.

Read a bit upthread for more context.
I agree with Zombine with how all this stuff doesn't have to happen at once. Not liking this storyline...

Boba Fett gets frozen Han.
Boba doesn't deliver Han immediately.
Jabba puts a bounty on Boba's head.
Boba gets Han stolen.
New group tries to sell Han to Jabba.
Boba steals Han back.
Boba sells Han to Jabba.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with Zombine with how all this stuff doesn't have to happen at once. Not liking this storyline...

Boba gets Han stolen.
Boba steals Han back.
Boba sells Han to Jabba.

It's just a LOT to take in. I'm incredibly interested in seeing characters like her in the OT era, but I just don't feel like it all needs to fit like a puzzle piece. Storylines should be allowed to breathe and not need to tie into every frame of the film. Ultimately this storyline doesn't even matter because he still gets to where he needed to go anyways.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
There's a gap of several months between ESB and ROTJ. Which makes it kinda ridiculous that Luke, Leia, and Lando need to spend any time at all trying to track down Han's whereabouts to begin with...they know he was being taken to Jabba! And they know where Jabba is!

That Star Wars universe is giant and this makes everything and every character feel so interconnected and as a result makes the entire universe feel so small.
This gets said a lot but my take on it has always been, the Star Wars universe actually isn't giant. Just the opposite: It's always been small, going right back to the very first film, where the leader of the rebellion is being chased by her secret father, and ends up parked right above where her secret brother lives, where her secret father came from, and where the father's mentor now also currently lives, all completely by coincidence. To me, Star Wars has always been about a small, familiar band of characters ping-ponging across different adventures, whether it's in the movies, the books/comics, cartoons, old EU, new EU, etc.

I think also, from the POV of a writer, if you're given the keys to the kingdom here, and get to work in the Star Wars sandbox, you have all these existing characters and groups and ships and planets to work with -- so why wouldn't you? Why create a new Qi'ra and a new Crimson Dawn for this story, when you already have a Qi'ra and a Crimson Dawn just sitting there to be used? Maybe that makes Star Wars feel "smaller" but I feel like the fun for a lot of people who write in Star Wars is getting the chance to find new uses for the tools that are already in the toolbox.

OP
OP
Cross-Section

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
This gets said a lot but my take on it has always been, the Star Wars universe actually isn't giant. Just the opposite: It's always been small, going right back to the very first film, where the leader of the rebellion is being chased by her secret father, and ends up parked right above where her secret brother lives, where her secret father came from, and where the father's mentor now also currently lives, all completely by coincidence. To me, Star Wars has always been about a small, familiar band of characters ping-ponging across different adventures, whether it's in the movies, the books/comics, cartoons, old EU, new EU, etc.

I think also, from the POV of a writer, if you're given the keys to the kingdom here, and get to work in the Star Wars sandbox, you have all these existing characters and groups and ships and planets to work with -- so why wouldn't you? Why create a new Qi'ra and a new Crimson Dawn for this story, when you already have a Qi'ra and a Crimson Dawn just sitting there to be used? Maybe that makes Star Wars feel "smaller" but I feel like the fun for a lot of people who write in Star Wars is getting the chance to find new uses for the tools that are already in the toolbox.
Yep, and even content that is ostensibly separated from the main films by thousands of in-universe years still ultimately trades upon the same basic archetypes and themes laid down by Lucas in 1977.

For my part, the idea of Qi'ra stealing Han to use for her own purposes is a perfect continuation of her character arc in Solo, and holds a lot of emotional and thematic promise depending on how Soule delivers on it.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Boba gets Han stolen.
Boba steals Han back.
Boba sells Han to Jabba.
I mean, this is just the Disney version of Shadows of the Empire.