• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Just got to Chapter 5 last night. This game is good, yo! Starting to open up a bit more gameplay-wise now that I'm unlocking more tools.

Amicia and Hugo are just the best and I will not let anything happen to my kids.
is the game linear and somewhat stricted with only one way to pass everything like in the trailer?
i'm very interested but i have some doubts.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Since we're in Olivier Deriviere Love Mode, if some of you understand French, he was on a podcast a few weeks back:

people

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished chapter 4, early retail copy - I'm not a reviewer. I was planning on pre-ordering for the "Limited Vinyl Sound Selection", but then I listened to some of the tracks and I wasn't thrilled about them, so I just bought it in the store on my way back from grocery shopping. I did love Remember Me's soundtrack, but what I've heard so far doesn't do much for me.

I'm playing with French audio and it's great.

PS4 install size (from disc) is 38.24 GB, including 1.02 patch.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Any thoughts on this?

In other words, is it just like "collect five crosses" or are the collectibles contextualized and have a reason for searching for them beyond just collecting stuff?

It has three different categories of collectable. Some you get a little bit of dialogue when you pick them up. Then on the codex page they all have a little write-up like this next to them.

oiyicj.jpg

OP
OP
EvilBoris

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
This is actually using Quixel megascans for some of it's assets.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Another question: are the chapters/levels largely linear or is there exploration, side stories, options to talk with other characters?

people

Oct 27, 2017
Another question: are the chapters/levels largely linear or is there exploration, side stories, options to talk with other characters?
From what I've seen so far mostly linear, but with opportunity for exploration and interaction with other characters. Maybe it 'opens up' more later, but I'm not expecting open world like exploration and sidequests.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Good to hear. Does the game do scripted moments and set-pieces well?

Oh for sure the game is gorgeous and the voice acting is excellent.

is the game linear and somewhat stricted with only one way to pass everything like in the trailer?
i'm very interested but i have some doubts.

It's fairly linear. There are some *barely* branching paths in levels and the new tools you get help you with some flexibility. There are quite a few hidden collectibles off the beaten path.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
HDR yes...this game seems really suited for it with all the lighting,torches etc etc around otherwise dark places...I cant get this on launch,my backlog is huge(Wildlands,Odyssey Season Pass,FC New Dawn,Operencia,Division 2 and Vampyr) but I will get this at some point for sure.Looking forward to following the thread also till then.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
First I've heard of it, but looks impressive and right up my alley.

Just a heads up -- it looks like BB gives you $10 off and tosses in a $10 gift card if you have GCU.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I remember reading that it's probably better to play it in French, is that because of better facial capture or voice acting or both? Interested to see how it runs on X

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I have a feeling this is going to be one of the year's sleeper hits. I've been eyeing it since the initial E3 reveal. Can't wait.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still in the prologue but so far so good. The French subs seem really solid. I wouldn't mind an option to tone down the chromatic aberration.

Soundtrack is already insanely good and a solid contender for OST of the year.

ChaosSmurf Congrats to the teams @ Asobo & Focus :)

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting this one. Seems very special and art direction captured such a dready, interesting mood.

I'm in.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Cautiously looking forward to this. Focus is one of my favourite publishers, because of how different the projects they greenlight usually are.

Waiting on reviews, but in all likelihood I'll be picking this up soon, most likely.