• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
TwCD2RX.png

Developer : ASOBO Studio
Publisher: Focus Home Interactive
Release:
May 14, 2019
Platforms: PS4.XBOX,PC
Price
: US$49.99 | CA$66.99 | €49.99 | £44.99 | AU$74.95 | NZ$89.95
Features : X enhanced, PS4 Pro Support. HDR

Official Site: http://aplaguetale.com
Genre: Narrative Driven Action Adventure
If you liked : God of War, Hellblade, The last of us, Brothers - You'll like this

Preorder Bonuses: Coat of Arms/Alternate Costimes (Digital/Physical)

APT_PreorderIncentive_BeautyShot-PC-DIGITAL-616x200-INT.jpg

Vinyl Sound Selection (Physical Only, limited run)
vynil-dlc.jpg

PC Recommended Specs
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 (3.5 GHz)/AMD FX-8300 (3.3 GHz)
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 4 GB, GeForce GTX 970/Radeon RX 480
Download Size: Approx 45GB

APT_STEAM_GIF.gif

Trailers

Screenshots

id-09.jpg

id-15.jpg

id-23.jpg

FGrGu9L.png

Follow the grim tale of young Amicia and her little brother Hugo, in a heartrending journey through the darkest hours of history. Hunted by Inquisition soldiers and surrounded by unstoppable swarms of rats, Amicia and Hugo will come to know and trust each other. As they struggle to survive against overwhelming odds, they will fight to find purpose in this brutal, unforgiving world.

9eq6lbO.png

cOP5Bk0.png

Last edited:

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Just got to Chapter 5 last night. This game is good, yo! Starting to open up a bit more gameplay-wise now that I'm unlocking more tools.

Amicia and Hugo are just the best and I will not let anything happen to my kids.

OP
OP
EvilBoris

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Intrigued by the game and waiting for some impressions. It won't take much to make me buy this

Try and stay away from them.
They will be good, but you may run into spoilers. Heck, even some of the official stuff has some early games spoilers

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Buying this, this looks really good and fresh. And the sound track been listening to it on YouTube is awesome.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
This game looks awesome can't believe it's already out. Will be buying as soon as I have time to play. Wanted to get it on PC but will go with ps4pro if the Steam ver is trainwreck

OP
OP
EvilBoris

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
This game looks awesome can't believe it's already out. Will be buying as soon as I have time to play. Wanted to get it on PC but will go with ps4pro if the Steam ver is trainwreck

The preview version I had ran fine for me on my 1060gtx. There are a decent number of configurables.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely going to keep a close eye on this one, because I really do like what I've seen of it. The level of gameplay depth is the one thing I'm still curious and uncertain about; for reference, I found Hellblade to be too thin in that regard.

Pey

Nov 27, 2017
Argentina
I already beat the game and have a gallery with 500 4K screnshots taken with photo mode. Also recorded a couple videos 4K videos at max settings. Will share them on the 13th :p

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent OP EvilBoris , congrats'

Glad to see first impressions are positive so far :). Hoping my local retailer will drop 'dem copies tomorrow.

OP
OP
EvilBoris

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Definitely going to keep a close eye on this one, because I really do like what I've seen of it. The level of gameplay depth is the one thing I'm still curious and uncertain about; for reference, I found Hellblade to be too thin in that regard.

APT more fleshed out from a gameplay perspective there. It's certainly no walking simulator, which I Hellblade certainly flies very close to.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT! This has been on my radar for a while now, and I can't wait to pick it up on Tuesday.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I already beat the game and have a gallery with 500 4K screnshots taken with photo mode. Also recorded a couple videos 4K videos at max settings. Will share them on the 13th :p
was it short? I love short games but I realize im different from others.

edit- 10 hrs sounds great I'm in for that. All in

Dec 6, 2017
US
APT more fleshed out from a gameplay perspective there. It's certainly no walking simulator, which I Hellblade certainly flies very close to.

Oh man, thank baby jesus in the manger...

This game looks so awesome but I was waiting to get some confirmation on this pretty much.

What's the gameplay to cutscenes/story ratio vaguely speaking? Curious to know how gameplay-heavy this actually is ultimately.

PS: Great OT!

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
why you have to wait so long to post pics? I guess reviewer embargo? sorry for dumb question I have no clue

edit- Wow this was a dumb question the OT states release is 14th lol my bad

Last edited:

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Currently up to chapter 10 in it.

I thought I was doing well with the collectables but some are really well hidden. Thankfully it has a chapter select screen and it tells you how many you have in that chapter.

Cosmic Guru

Jan 10, 2019
London, UK
Really looking forward to this one. We need more games set in specific historical periods.

I didn't realise the soundtrack is from Olivier Deriviére, one of my favourite game music composers based on his work in Vampyr and 11-11.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Currently up to chapter 10 in it.

I thought I was doing well with the collectables but some are really well hidden. Thankfully it has a chapter select screen and it tells you how many you have in that chapter.
Any thoughts on this?
Are collectibles just trinkets, or are there story bits attached like journals or stuff like that?
In other words, is it just like "collect five crosses" or are the collectibles contextualized and have a reason for searching for them beyond just collecting stuff?