• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Renewed my game pass sub for this so definitely looking forward to it.

Reviews gonna be posted tomorrow or Tuesday ?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Not that i care about reviews but im expecting solid 8's. Game should be good

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Honestly nothing is known about any changes to performance in the day one patch. That is all just wishful speculation. If such significant changes were to be included in the day one patch, I'm sure reviewers would've been told so (and they weren't).

PS5 ver 1.00 looks like a capped 30fps with some dips or frame pacing issues. Definitely not 40. There are no selectable graphic modes.
I've just managed to talk to the editor in chief of one of the most famous Xbox mag here in Italy, which has an Xbox review copy, and told me that both XSX and XSS seems to "target 60fps" with some drops, definitely not locked 30fps for their eyes and input feel/lag but still no hard confirmation as they're not DF.

Don't know what's happening here but we'll know for certain very soon.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
I've just managed to talk to the editor in chief of one of the most famous Xbox mag here in Italy, which has an Xbox review copy, and told me that both XSX and XSS seems to "target 60fps" with some drops, definitely not locked 30fps for their eyes and input feel/lag but still no hard confirmation as they're not DF.

Don't know what's happening here but we'll know for certain very soon.
Yes this is definitely my findings as well after playing the game on both XSX and XSS. Not locked 60fps, but also not 30fps. Can't be sure until somebody actually tests it with the proper tools, but yeah that's what DF is for. Whatever the outcome, it feels pleasant to play, contrary to some locked 30 fps games, and that's all what matters to me.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Feel like I'd prefer a locked 30fps over a fluctuating one but I guess we'll see how their implementation fares

extremely hyped for tomorrow, time to watch a recap of the first game

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
I am downloading the game in the xbox store in pc. It says the game is available on the 17th. I thought the game released on the 18th so I am a bit shocked. I will try the New Zealand trick to see if its already playable

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
You can say you care about reviews, as your posts in review threads have shown, but maybe not for this game at least to influence your purchasing decision since you're already set to get it.

reviews never influenced my decision of purchasing games or watching movies and shows :) I still check them out for games, just the summary tho

kubus

Oct 27, 2017

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
reviews never influenced my decision of purchasing games or watching movies and shows :)
You've never been interested in game, learned it got panned hard in reviews, and then decided to wait for it to go on sale?

I'm not a huge review consumer myself but I've definitely had that happen a few times and I'm super grateful mainly because I don't make enough money to afford every game I'm excited for day 1

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i hope this time we'll get all the PC settings in the menu, first game had so many shit post-processing you had to remove yourself in the .ini...

Can you even do that with gamepass games?

Oct 27, 2017
How long does it take to run through the first game (on the easiest setting if there is such a thing)? I'm just looking to experience the story before the sequel releases.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
PC version says 'Windows' in the title so nope. Still a 0.1% chance it has cross-save however.

fwiw, true achievements only has one listing for requiem unlike innocence. Better chance this time that both cross progression and shared achievements are there between windows store and console.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
How are so many playing this already? all reviewers? A couple of the achievements are close to being unlocked by 100 people, and thats according to true achievements which works on a delay

Aug 23, 2018
Excited for this title. Love hearing it's been pretty well received.

How are so many playing this already? all reviewers? A couple of the achievements are close to being unlocked by 100 people, and thats according to true achievements which works on a delay

Probably lots of codes given out. Bigger outlets get multiple usually.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

Some independent stores have been selling it.

I have a friend who managed to snag an early copy. He asked if I wanted one but I am planning on playing it on Steam so was a big nah. Was tempted to though!

I do miss the days of having ultra early games. I remember getting Alien Isolation like a week before it came out and that was great. Felt almost criminal :P

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Here praying pc gamepass version doesn't suck. No missing features and from other storefront like many games.