• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

View: https://twitter.com/oecuf0/status/1655952327692656640?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/oecuf0/status/1655952836558213121?s=20
The account in question is a news aggregator for Anime news and has Teased other projects that were later confirmed in the past.

Regardless of that , we also know that there are animated projects played within Playstation Productions
www.resetera.com

Head of PS Productions on Podcast: "We've got 10 projects in various stages of development.....film, television, little bit of animation as well."

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/04/21/official-playstation-podcast-episode-455-asad-qizilbash-talks-playstation-productions/ https://soundcloud.com/playstation/official-playstation-podcast-episode-455-asad-qizilbash-talks-playstation-productions Quote is at 14:40 in the podcast. I believe...

Confirmed Films
  • Uncharted
  • Gran Turismo
  • Days Gone
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Gravity Rush
Confirmed Shows
  • The Last of Us
  • Twisted Metal
  • God of War
  • Horizon

It's not out of the question that it could be something getting both a Live-Action and Anime treatment. However, I feel it's more likely a new IP that hasn't seen anything translated yet under the current Playstation Productions banner. Off the top of my head Ratchet & Clank and Bloodborne feel like IPs with enough relevance and interest to make into an anime. It's also possible Sony could be pulling from the vault as well. As the size of the IP doesn't seem to matter for what gets produced as we saw with Gravity Rush getting greenlit.

So what do you think it could be? Or what would you like to see most?

View: https://twitter.com/SaraM_D/status/594129465678008320?s=20

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Bloodborne would be cool but it would make me upset because tHERE'S STILL NO 60FPS OFFICIAL RELEASE OF BLOODBORNE

With the right studio, Gravity Rush could be cool as shit.

It's Ape Escape.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Bloodborne by Genndy. But then I suppose that wouldn't be anime.

Ico or Shadow of the Colossus would also be acceptable.

szuhaadalis

Verified
Sep 22, 2021
Destiny. several job listings and hires strongly suggest a Destiny animated project is in the works.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Knack, baybeeh! Knack 3 the Animation!

Honestly, there aren't a lot of Sony IPs I'd watch an anime about. Gravity Rush, I guess.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Ape Escape getting an anime would be something, but with our luck it's Horizon somehow and Aloy will look exactly like she does in Genshin Impact.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't Gravity Rush going to return in an animation? I know they did those promotional episodes which were a lot of fun for Gravity Rush 2 but heard it somewhere recently. Might be getting mixed up though.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
um-jammer-lammy-um_jammer_lammy.gif

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Just putting it out there that it's not Gravity Rush since it's going to be a live action film.

Anyways, with the current Sony lineup, I'm honestly drawing blank. Only thing that make sense it's Bloodborne (but I personally want a Live Action adaptation 🥲).

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Are we sure it's not about the animated HZD show by Netflix?

Wasn't Gravity Rush going to return in an animation? I know they did those promotional episodes which were a lot of fun for Gravity Rush 2 but heard it somewhere recently. Might be getting mixed up though.

There seems to be a lot of back and forth on what style some of these projects are going to be. We know animation is in the pipe but still aren't sure what projects they are directly linked to.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Grand Turistmo. Main char is Slim Bryan, a guy who can't understand why anybody would drive old ugly cars when you have new shiny ones.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Hope it's Gravity Rush despite me not having any interest in it after finishing GR2, only because the IP deserves another chance and maybe this might be the only way it gets it.

If it's The Last of Us I can already picture the best scene animated:
"Erii-chan, ware ware wa hontou ni The Last of Us desu ne?"

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
I don't give a damn that there's a live-action film. The fact they are making a live-action one-piece adaptation doesn't stop that anime, and Resident Evil has had both live-action and animated projects in development at the same time.

Gravity Rush anime please

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Bloodborne getting an anime would give us the biggest chance for it to get a PS5 and PC port 🙏