• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
I work in sewer/water, it always sucks when tying a new main into an existing manhole and finding it clogged with debris.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
oh wow, he drained the whole street alone, good on him. Wish he would wear gloves tho

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I made a mental note to know where the drains in my street were before Dorian hit (thankfully it never did) because of this guy.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Unclogging these things helps everyone and does look cool when you do it. As a kid me and my siblings would sometimes undam a creek behind our house so the outlet would flow to the marshes next to it and there's few things more gratifying than seeing a trickle become a rushing torrent.

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped through a lot of thr video in thr op but damn, that street drained pretty quickly considering the state of it at the start of thr video. I get that's the point of drains but still, fair play to the dude.

It seems like it would have drained anyway, though?

Very slowly, because the drains were clogged/blocked which is why the street and the nearby field were flooded. You could see how quickly it drained away once he moved all the crap from the top of the drain so the water could flow freely.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like it would have drained anyway, though?
It obviously would have drained anyways but he expedited the process. If someone does that during a normal prolonged flood they could definitely protect some property.

I live on a city street that gets flooded pretty often if a heavy thunderstorm comes through and it makes me wonder if that is an issue.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
He critiques the point of not having the water naturally drain down the hill to the river but I'm assuming the point of using the pipes is so that it doesn't create washouts and eventually mudslides that could endanger the road or hillside. Errosion would eventually happen if you're collecting water on sidewalks, compacted ground, and the road and then spilling it over the hill.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
now im getting a bunch of ads for tactical flashlights and shit from some 4PATRIOTS OUTLET shop

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely adding this to my "Watch later" list. I'm quite curious how all these draining process goes.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
well I just watched a man play around in some water and unclog some drains for 25 minutes.

And then hit the subscribe button.

Thanks!

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
That's cool and all but I'm not gonna go out doing that because what if one of those drains had been close to failure for some reason? Seems like a good way to get sucked down to your death if the grate were to suddenly give way.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the whole video! It's pretty satisfying watching the street become more clear over time. I'll be tempted to try this myself next time I come across a flooded street.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool and all but I'm not gonna go out doing that because what if one of those drains had been close to failure for some reason? Seems like a good way to get sucked down to your death if the grate were to suddenly give way.

hey everyone look, it's that kid who thought he could fall into the toilet and drown

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I wanna try this the next time my street floods, don't have the boots for it though.

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I binged two hours of his videos last night and he got another subscriber. Oddly calming watching a guy go around clearing storm drains and watching water flush itself.

SolmisateSol

Nov 2, 2017
I'm glad this guy is giving visibility to maintenance work. That shit can be ROUGH, HARD WORK and it's so easy to take for granted how much labor goes into making society function.

Unrelated: There's a whole swath of informative, useful shit on Youtube it's absolutely fucking bonkers.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am going to watch these, like them, then later find out he is advocating for a race war?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This guy's videos made me realize just how much shit probably never gets fixed up. I mean, some of the work he's doing is stuff that has built over years.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"you know what this reminds me of? the ocean."

*rummaging through the woods*
"WHERE'S THE PIPE?"

this dude rules