• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
There's a PS5 in the living room and a PS4 in the kids' room.

Mom and dad are watching TV in the living room. You wanna play PS5. Stream it to your PS4 in the room.

You don't have to think very far beyond your own experience to see the utility, yet some people seem wholly incapable of doing so.
Era summed up

Forgive me but why would anyone use this when if this is a thing to do would already do that on the PS5. The owner would already have a PS5. For me that makes no sense.
see the above.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
We need to go deeper..

Co6K4Be-8ZuLemifbfN_P1MzCeULZSUJGQIHrNeY4q0rsKDeQuXkYNHpAisc8TqW0dSzzDbde6IBEI1PNx0mtzToeXFWsoOYlbq2UmVRd-u_VfelhVgG7O1S4eY19sC1zRaXnLJcEOOp8PM0Avech5xOTRBNZNs53Dc
Okay then

PS5 -> PS4 -> PC remote play -> VNC Remote Desktop -> Chrome Remote Desktop

I swear to god if there's a way to tie that last end point to a homebrewed 3DS, we could do it.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I just want ps now to have ps5 games at some point, I'm not getting a ps5 for a while but I'd happily stream ps5 games and even buy a ps5 controller do so on a ps4 or pc as a stop gap until I get a ps5.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was just googling for this earlier today.the PS5 will be upstairs and the PS4 is downstairs, glad they have this ready at launch.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Just popped up on my PS4 Pro. Probably won't use it often but moving my PS4 Pro into another room when I get my PS5, both will be running on gigabit ethernet, so this might come in handy sometimes.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
What if there's a catch and you need to use a DualSense with this app?

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading it was remote play from the PS4 to the PS5 as in connect from the PS4 to the PS5. But I guess basically it's not one way it's two way.

yeah I'm looking at it now. It's tries to find a PS5 console to stream TO the PS4.
As my PS4 is an OG and is in the family room connected to a 1080p display I don't know if it can stream higher like 4K. Would be awesome if it could on the Pro

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Really neat that they're doing this. Situations where it would be desirable are a little limited, but for those that keep their old consoles and have a multi TV household it's going to be an amazing feature.

Oct 25, 2017
I stream my PS4 to another room all of the time! Admittedly that's to a Windows PC (which I assume will still work with PS5?) but I'm the use case.

Basically will often power up the PS4 and do some remote play gaming while sat at my desk in my office when I'm taking a break. My consoles are on the other side of the house in my gaming den.

But it's just going to be such an inferior experience...that's why I'm racking my brain as to why this is a thing? My mind just can't understand why Sony said this was the more important thing to do, rather than just making the DS4 forward compatible 😂

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you move the PS4 to a secondary room and everything is on ethernet, this is a really nice feature.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That's really cool actually if you want to play it in another room. Makes more sense to me than playing games on a small touch screen via WiFi.

lowkeyframe

Oct 27, 2017
This was exactly what I was hoping to get! I'm pretty shocked.
I was planning to keep my ps4 in my den so I could game while the wife watches her shows so this was a pleasant surprise.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
whoever is saying this isn't useful doesn't have multiple rooms with TVs, roommates, spouses or children.

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
Always confused why people can't see the value in remote play. My PS4 is in the living room but occasionally I remote play from my PC in my office. Means someone else could be watching the TV and you can still play something

So yeah this sounds awesome

lowkeyframe

Oct 27, 2017

Video of PS4 remote play on a PS5 I just came across. I probably would rarely find a reason to use this feature but one use case for this would be to play PS4 games you don't have room for on your PS5 while keeping your PS4 as storage for your other games.
I personally wouldn't use this feature since I'd rather get the benefits of the ps5. At least it's an option :)

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I feel like I'd love to see somebodies impression of astrobot via remote play with a ds4 using none of the features.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany

Video of PS4 remote play on a PS5 I just came across. I probably would rarely find a reason to use this feature but one use case for this would be to play PS4 games you don't have room for on your PS5 while keeping your PS4 as storage for your other games.
I personally wouldn't use this feature since I'd rather get the benefits of the ps5. At least it's an option :)

Depressing to see the PS4 Persona theme that is full of life, while the PS5 has...nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I'm done with this loud ass machine. If it's bad with ps4 games imagine what this'll do, liable to break a hole in the dimension.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly wondering if there will be any difference when doing this on ps4 vs ps4 pro.