• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deejay8595

Oct 30, 2017
The character models might be made out of noodles

FD2zyWvWYAUfcUF
Alright… this is funny 😅😂

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I know this may sound a bit too early to ask, but is there any reports on performance issues with the console versions? or FPS dips? I'm actually indecisive and deciding to either get this for my PS5/Xbox or my RTX 3080. Believe it or not.. I've never played any of these games before yet these screenshots are giving me a giggle hahaha.
yeah a user (maybe in the OT) was saying performance is very variable, "performance" mode not a consistent 60fps at all

Oct 26, 2017
It's just weird that GTA3 is one of the twenty most important games of all time and Rockstar seems to not care about it at all.

And only remastered it because they got super mad about people modding a game they cared about.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I've said before if you're out here buying these games sight unseen you a goofball. R* also knows most people want VC so will take the risk.

I'm thankful those of us on GP and PS Now can try out SA and GTA3 if we have a subscription.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I know this may sound a bit too early to ask, but is there any reports on performance issues with the console versions? or FPS dips? I'm actually indecisive and deciding to either get this for my PS5/Xbox or my RTX 3080. Believe it or not.. I've never played any of these games before yet these screenshots are giving me a giggle hahaha.
It does have dips in the performance mode in PS5 at least, for what someone said here. On the streams it looked solid, but god knows I can't count frames between the 4 pixels of a Youtube stream lol

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
But it is?

I saw this in a video. Will have to find it.
She's at 12:19-ish below.

www.youtube.com

GTA VICE CITY Remaster PS5 - Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 (GTA Definitive Edition 2021)

Subscribe ➜ http://bit.ly/2oUkw8nGrand Theft Auto The Definitive Edition PS5 (GTA Trilogy Remasters 2021) Full game walkthrough of GTA Vice City PS5 Remaste...

Actually, she doesn't look that great, lol. But not as bad as whatever that comparison pic is.

Oct 27, 2017

www.youtube.com

GTA VICE CITY Remaster PS5 - Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 (GTA Definitive Edition 2021)

Subscribe ➜ http://bit.ly/2oUkw8nGrand Theft Auto The Definitive Edition PS5 (GTA Trilogy Remasters 2021) Full game walkthrough of GTA Vice City PS5 Remaste...

Actually, she doesn't look that great, lol. But not as bad as whatever that comparison pic is.
There was a gameplay video with a cheat code that lets you play as her that I am trying to find. That picture comes from that (the one in the post above).

The thing is, the gameplay model is worse than the original. The fact they remastered that one as well and it looks worse than the original is weird as hell.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Graphics are good but I hate the draw distance. You just shouldn't be able to see the other cities from one another. That was my big complaint with the old PC mods around draw distance. It ruins the tone of the game to see from Los Santos to Mt Chiliad and San Fran. Maybe like a sneak of the buildings or a sneak of the mountains, but you should be able to see the golden gate bridge from downtown Los Santos. I'll reserve my judgement to see if it really messes up the story of the game, like the whole point of being stuck in the woods as CJ in Part 2 is that you're lost and isolated "... Where the hell am I..." Fish out of water. Being able to climb a small hill and see into downtown is just not the point.

Like in RDR2, at the beginning you can see far off lights of towns and settlements if you go out of your way to climb the tallest mountains around. It's a hint of what's out there. But it doesn't give you a detailed view of the whole map.

Watchung a video it looks good from ground level. Walking out of CJ house at night after the first few handholding missions it doesn't lose the ambiance at all.

The white highlighting looks really bad when you lock on... Wonder why they did that. Looks bad. Especially when a guy is dead in the ground it's still highlighting them.

New map looks good I like that. New gps looks fine.

New

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This is something I don't get:
claud.png

Just use the same model? Why the heck did they remaster Claude two times and make him worse in SA anyway? At least use the same head...

sdornan

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Graphics are good but I hate the draw distance. You just shouldn't be able to see the other cities from one another. That was my big complaint with the old PC mods around draw distance. It ruins the tone of the game to see from Los Santos to Mt Chiliad and San Fran. Maybe like a sneak of the buildings or a sneak of the mountains, but you should be able to see the golden gate bridge from downtown Los Santos. I'll reserve my judgement to see if it really messes up the story of the game, like the whole point of being stuck in the woods as CJ in Part 2 is that you're lost and isolated "... Where the hell am I..." Fish out of water. Being able to climb a small hill and see into downtown is just not the point.

Like in RDR2, at the beginning you can see far off lights of towns and settlements if you go out of your way to climb the tallest mountains around. It's a hint of what's out there. But it doesn't give you a detailed view of the whole map.
Even GTA 5 has fog and it is a much better looking game...
b4909-15965307467848-800.jpg

What they could have done is do like the mod that adds lights from a distance on PC and keep the fog. That way it makes it more realistic and keeps the vibe.
Is this actually real!? Is that seriously the remaster on the bottom??
Yes sadly.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This game would have benefitted a lot from one of those "switch between remaster and original visuals" buttons, though I guess that's not easy to pull off technically.

Oct 27, 2017
My bet is GTA 3 Claude body would't match with San Andreas model and animatons so it was easier to just rework the model.
That's a fair point.

I think the biggest bummer for me is the face. They could have made them consistent as SA's looks like a different person. Claude basically has a poker face there so I doubt his head would have been an issue at least. The body can stay the same.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
As i said these games lacked proper art director, they are complete mess artstyle wise.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
This game would have benefitted a lot from one of those "switch between remaster and original visuals" buttons, though I guess that's not easy to pull off technically.

I played the Halo games recently and just used the old models. That first games remaster is bad compared to the original. Having that here would've been amazing.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well it wouldn't be a Rockstar release without people nitpicking and overreacting at small things. Watched 30 minute videos of each game and they just look like 3 classic GTA games, haven't noticed any weirdness that get posted here. Even looks impressive at times especially at night with all headlight and street lamp shadows, fog and such.

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
Well it wouldn't be a Rockstar release without people nitpicking and overreacting at small things. Watched 30 minute videos of each game and they just look like 3 classic GTA games, haven't noticed any weirdness that get posted here. Even looks impressive at times especially at night with all headlight and street lamp shadows, fog and such.
sans bugs and mismatched menu sounds + fog in certain areas, these look pretty cool. i think if i didnt have all three PS2 copies physically + on PS4, i'd be less excited

edit: OH and pop in on the next gen versions, push that LOD/draw distance out and throw some fog on there

Last edited:

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts

www.youtube.com

WLnwqqx.png

Yeah, that's not as bad.

My #1 complaint is the lack of Vice City menu SFX when playing VC. C'mon.

Jalen

Dec 18, 2017
Yeah, the only disappointment I had before coming in here is that my favorite Gap Band song isn't included, but it also wasn't on the last release.

sdornan

Oct 27, 2017
youtu.be

GTA 3 Definitive Edition Comparison - PS2 / Xbox / PC / Mobile / Remaster

Grand Theft Auto 3 Remastered - The Definitive Edition vs GTA 3 on PS2 vs Xbox Original vs PC vs 10th Anniversary version Mega Comparison in 4K Ultra HD by G...
youtu.be

GTA Vice City Definitive Edition Comparison - PS2 / Xbox / PC / Mobile / Remaster

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Remastered - The Definitive Edition vs GTA Vice City on PS2 vs Xbox Original vs PC vs 10th Anniversary version Mega Comparison in ...

These videos paint it in a much better light than the screenshots in this thread.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
The shooting controls still looking jank bout to make me cancel my order. "GTA V style" LOL. Come on Rockstar.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I'll try San Andreas tomorrow when it unlocks on Game Pass, but I'm definitely not feeling as optimistic as I was before seeing the videos and screenshots I saw today. Damn.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly that looks pretty damn good. Don't know why R* is so cagey on the footage up to now but hey, whatever. And also, yeah, that draw distance is baller. It kinda outs the map as relatively small tho lol. The fog was always there to protect the game from that realization.

That's just how Rockstar is. They aren't like Ubisoft constantly assaulting you with media blitzes about their game.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Did they use the PC or mobile ports as the code basis for the remasters?

Comparison footage kind of highlights how modelling individual fingers doesn't work well when they don't animate either.

Status
Not open for further replies.