• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
R2cr3iW.png

I honestly thought this was pretty funny. If it ended right there with "Hello, human resources?" as the punchline it would have been pretty good. The two dozen extra panels of paranoia and hatred were neither funny nor necessary.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so... according to a couple of posts in this thread, Penny Arcade is "shockingly bad" now, and potentially the worst webcomic, deserving to be in the same discussion with VG Cats, CAD, and the thing in the OP.

I mean, I guess all opinions are subjective and all, but come on. The writing is just the same as it has been for the last 20 years, and Gabe's art is better than ever.

Within the last few weeks:

i-fxMmKZG-2100x20000.jpg

i-sht8Mrh-2100x20000.jpg

i-8qXfLGZ-2100x20000.jpg

i-T6SZZkR-2100x20000.jpg
They ruined the way the characters look

Oct 25, 2017
cbb.jpg

my reaction to some comics that exist

tails gets trolled, on the other hand, is the only media i've read that truly captures both the fixations of 2000s webcomics and the spirit behind them

it is brilliantly crafted dadaist art

Last edited:

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Had a feeling it was gonna be this comic. There was a sort of lengthy thread about it in the past. Just complete garbage lol

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thought it was going to be that weird Kangaroo comic.

Or there was another furry one were they made a "moral rape" a key part of the storyline.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Webcomics in general seem terrible. I saw that "cake is a lie" one and almost wanted to check out of video games completely, it was that bad.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
This guy has a lot of anger. I guess art is a good outlet if it doesn't just serve to make him more bitter.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This is like pure visual cancer in every possible way. From the shitty art to the actual content of the "comic" strip.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly a lot of the follow up comics to "Loss" are what really get me.

5dc24c609afeee6a63cff26dc167ece3ae75053b.jpg

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hate to ask this, but are there more? I only have a sample size of one godawful comic so far and no one has given it a name to look up yet.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Webcomics in general seem terrible. I saw that "cake is a lie" one and almost wanted to check out of video games completely, it was that bad.

Hey man that's not fair, there are plenty of web comics that don't do that. The person who made the Frederator short "Manly" has a web comic that has nothing to do with games and even though mine takes place in the 80s I don't have the characters constantly spouting pop culture references.

There are some really atrocious ones out there though I'll give you that. Whatever happened to that other really weird one... Least I Could Do? I'm at work so I'm scared to check myself, I kind of remember liking that one for some reason (I remember reading the entire thing from the beginning like 5-10 years ago or something) but I got tired of it and have only heard it mentioned in like really nasty passing so I assume it become even worse than it used to be.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wow. What bitter, angry, sad little man.

The comic is hilarious in how pathetic it is. I've known dudes like that manager, and it's...something. They are oblivious, angry, resentful, vindictive dudes, who find it easier to blame women for their issues than look in the mirror.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of fucking course the comic ends with misunderstood white guy getting rewarded for 'being nice' with a subservient exotic asian woman.

Incels/MRAs are fucking hilarious.

Oct 25, 2017
Loss is almost 10 years old. Once it gets there, it will have ascended beyond meme and into art.

OP comic is pretty fucking dreadful.

I'd also add the mostly lost Shredded Moose, a shockingly misogynistic gaming comic that was so bad even the internet said "no, fuck this"

I'll also add this misinformed comic by Andrew Dobson (one of many). Below the comic is a constructive critical response, and below that was Dobson's response.

Status
Not open for further replies.