• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 30, 2018
giphy.gif

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Mountain Lion thought it had a easy kill with a human. Thought wrong. Glad the guy survived. Can't say I feel bad for the mountain lion because the alternative is the guy ending up a meal for a mountain lion.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
No details on how he killed the animal, so most likely a gun right?
Nope, bare hands; dude strangled it.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...on-horsetooth-mountain-park-in-larimer-county

The man said he heard something behind him on the trail and was attacked as he turned to investigate. The lion lunged at the runner, biting his face and wrist. But the man was able to fight and break free from the lion, according to CPW.

On Tuesday morning after an examination of the lion, CPW said the runner suffocated the animal while defending himself.

OP
OP

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
The same way dog attacks don't kill healthy humans: because full grown healthy humans often outweigh mountain lions and dogs by like 100 pounds

Dogs mostly fight with their teeth though. One good swipe from a mountain lion could kill or disable a grown man easily. They're got more reach.

Thanks, added to OP!

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
How does one successfully strangle a mountain lion? Wouldn't it flail and swipe at you with its last dying breath?

Nov 2, 2017
Holy shit. What are you normally supposed to do in a mountain lion attack?

Because choking out seems crazy to pull off...

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hardcore. I think you're supposed to stand your ground with them. Not like running will do any good. You just come off as prey doing that.

There was a video I watched of a biker coming face to face with a lion. Kept stalking him and every time it got close he would stand his ground and hold his bike up high to make himself appear larger. Lion ended up walking away.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Well cant say im happy about random death of an animal, but guess guy fought the food chain
This is kinda' my stance on it, I don't really get happy at animal deaths. But death is a part of the ecosystem and in nature it's kill or be killed, the Mountain Lion initiated the attack and the man won bare-handed, so I can't really hold too much against the guy since it was a survival of the fittest situation that just naturally occurs really.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I'm not PETA or anything but running in the wild and strangling an animal that lives there is not what I'd call badass.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Need more details because even if you were to get behind this lion with a rear naked choke, it's hind legs would shred the fuck out of your arms.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Adrenaline is a hell of a thing. Incredible that he managed to avoid it's jaws though.

OP
OP

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California

Hardcore. I think you're supposed to stand your ground with them. Not like running will do any good. You just come off as prey doing that.

There was a video I watched of a biker coming face to face with a lion. Kept stalking him and every time it got close he would stand his ground and hold his bike up high to make himself appear larger. Lion ended up walking away.

Lion or mountain lion?