• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the first post-Mega Drive/Genesis game for SEGA AGES can be Skies of Arcadia with balance adjustments similar to SEGA AGES Phantasy Star to eliminate the overabundance of encounters.

Star Parodier

Oct 28, 2017
Madison, WI
Never played that version, but didn't the GC port have reduced random encounters?
Reduced, but still rage-inducing. Instead of being kicked in the junk ten times, it only kicks me in the junk seven times! Fun! That being said, its an absolutely magical game and I would cheerfully pay $60 for a remake/remaster or sequel. Sadly, I don't think its very likely. If I remember correctly, Sega was prepared to release it on Steam, but sales of their other Dreamcast titles like Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5 didn't meet expectations, so it was axed.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Reduced, but still rage-inducing. Instead of being kicked in the junk ten times, it only kicks me in the junk seven times! Fun! That being said, its an absolutely magical game and I would cheerfully pay $60 for a remake/remaster or sequel. Sadly, I don't think its very likely. If I remember correctly, Sega was prepared to release it on Steam, but sales of their other Dreamcast titles like Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5 didn't meet expectations, so it was axed.

It's a damn shame that the game has only been available on Dreamcast and Gamecube.

Oct 25, 2017
Ayo Pc owners what y'all doing......

Nov 11, 2017
I strongly want them to develop the sequel too, doesn't mean they're gonna do it. SEGA hasn't made a game like this for ages ostensibly due to the high costs and risk involved, and something tells me that's not gonna change any time soon. I think the best we can hope for is an HD remaster of Legends, and even that seems like a long shot.

Ecks

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A sequel would be really cool to see. In terms of a remake, I'd be up for that, provided they included the Square Enix style Speed mods. Those battle turns are pretty slow these days.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
+1 +1 +1 +1

My favorite RPG experience of all time. It's the game that turned me into an RPG fan (after Pokemon, I guess)...

In fact I picked up XBC2 because the setting reminded me so much of SOA.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who do I pay today make this happen. One of the greatest games of all time and I would day one a remake or sequel without a second thought.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For the love of all divinities please Sega make at least a goddamn remaster and release it on every console and pc. Then make a full blown sequel damn it.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I strongly want Skies of Arcadia in any shape or form, make it happen Sega.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, this would be bigger than Shenmue 3 and FF7R combined.

At least bring Legends to modern consoles!

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_op981oeltI1u5fmiqo1_500.png

I still own my copy of the DC version, but I never played the GC port. I wonder if it's worth the effort to track down, my GameCube still works as does my Wii...

Playable Piastol in the sequel pls
I remember seeing artwork of her when the port was being promoted and thinking: 'yep, she's gonna join the party at some point' but nope, turned out she was just a mini-boss you had to deal with occasionally.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have a remake. I feel like the game story was pretty much done.

The story of the characters is done, but Arcadia itself has a ton of stories left in it and the state of the world in the ending is so completely different (an entire new and unexplored continent for starters!) that there's tons of stories to tell there.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I still own my copy of the DC version, but I never played the GC port. I wonder if it's worth the effort to track down, my GameCube still works as does my Wii...

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on what's important to you. To me the GC port was kind of a disappointment. You get the adjusted encounter rate, in addition to the new side quests, but much worst audio quality. Seriously, the music is a significant downgrade on the GC version. Also, there's no Pinta Quest :(

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
I don't quite know how to feel. On the one hand, more Skies of Arcadia is welcomed, but on the other, there's not much to expand upon for a sequel after the end of the game.
I'd rather have a remake. I feel like the game story was pretty much done.
I think it'd be interesting to explore the world of Arcadia a generation later to see how the the world recovered from the events of the first game - Valua was destroyed, Nasr has a power vacuum and is now the most powerful nation, Ixa'taka just broke free of colonization, and Yafutoma just entered world politics. Plus the whole disappearance of the Purple civilization. Grendel and Regimen are just kinda sitting there. Lots of potential, imo.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Written (and directed) by Shuntaro Tanaka again hopefully. It's so frustrating having him on the gacha Phantasy Star game.
I don't quite know how to feel. On the one hand, more Skies of Arcadia is welcomed, but on the other, there's not much to expand upon for a sequel after the end of the game.
There were plans for a Gamecube entry, and then a GBA one that never materialised, so I guess they had some ideas.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Honestly did not like SoA much when I played on Gamecube. Wasn't really appreciative of the encounter rate and I remember thinking the story was pretty generic even as a kid. I don't remember if the battle system was any good either or not.

That said a next gen sequel could be interesting just because the concept of flying around the sky from sky island to sky island with different cultures and watching out for pirates and doing bounties is good. Obviously they could really expand on that from a Dreamcast game.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
God I would love a sequel to SoA. Even a remake or a basic remaster of the original (warts and all) would be great.

Too bad SEGA will never approve of either scenario.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Don't play with my heart. But also, a full-fledged remake might be a safer bet. One of the GOATs.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, maybe not. It depends on what's important to you. To me the GC port was kind of a disappointment. You get the adjusted encounter rate, in addition to the new side quests, but much worst audio quality. Seriously, the music is a significant downgrade on the GC version. Also, there's no Pinta Quest :(
Well, I already experienced the music as it was meant to be heard so I can deal with a little downgrade. Also never cared for Pinta's quest. The rest sounds good. Surprised there hasn't been a music hack to replace the Gamecube music, though. Probably not as simple a project as 'overwriting one type of file with another'.

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
No idea how this game has aged but I loved it on the Dreamcast. Would take a remake, remaster, sequel. Any or all

Apr 21, 2018
God I would love a sequel to SoA. Even a remake or a basic remaster of the original (warts and all) would be great.

Too bad SEGA will never approve of either scenario.
Don't be so pessimistic :).
Sega will handle a Sakura Wars for the first time in the west (it was NIS for the previous one) and they even allowed a 1up Arcade cab with Golden Axe RODA.
Did you hear that ? Golden Axe Revenge of fucking Death Adder ! As if Streets of Rage, Chu Chu Rocket or Panzer Dragoon were making a comeback. Oh wait !

nocontent

Dec 29, 2017
I may be looking through my nostalgia-glasses but this game absolutely deserves a remake/sequel/spin off.

Jun 12, 2018
Just follow the shenmue formula. Release wse an hd skies and if you really have to kickstart the new one. Not every game has to be AAA. Shenmue 3 was great. Not as good as the second one but damn good. Skies can be the same.

Sega have faith in your ips and fund the lot of them.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I really want this. In some ways it felt like a better sequel to Grandia than Grandia 2, though I played them over a decade after the fact.

I also think this tone of story is better suited to the Valkyria team than... Well, Valkyria.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I may be looking through my nostalgia-glasses but this game absolutely deserves a remake/sequel/spin off.

I recently played it for the first time in 15 years via Dolphin and, with just the QoL improvement of being able to go 3x speed through battles, I enjoyed the game from beginning to end almost as much as I did on day one.