A special moment: All three main platform holder heads (Layden, Spencer, Reggie) join together on stage at The Game Awards

Nov 1, 2017
I honestly thought it was building to something concrete, like the creation of a platform agnostic crossplay, friend and messaging system to unite players on all formats and then they just stopped talking and i was like "Oh, that's it? That was pointless". Nice gesture i guess but thats all it was, and i'm kind of done with that, let's see something actually happen. One game doesn't count.

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Was waiting for Phil to either say he bought Nintendo and Sony or for all 3 to interlock hands together and say

"Cross play for everyone"

Still cool none the less

Oct 26, 2017
If that was Ken Kutaragi he would have announced the PS5 right then and there.
Ken probably would have smashed through a wall Kool-Aid Man style holding a giant number '5' and marched around the stage like Ric Flair until security wrestled him to the ground and dragged him off.

Oct 27, 2017
People can take this medium a little serious if business people standing next to each other is a big deal. It ain’t Nixon going to China

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I must say I am impressed that the show managed to get all three of them to come. It is getting bigger every year, which kind of makes sense considering the industry size.

Oct 25, 2017
"Reggie" oh shit Metroid Time

"Phil" ... ok not Metroid, holy shit Banjo in Smash

"Shawn" .. wait what? Holy shit crossplay becoming industry standard

Still a cool moment but lol I expected something

Oct 30, 2017
Why would they do that and not announce that they were doing cross platform play?. I was waiting the whole time if they were going to announce that minecraft is now cross play between all 3 platforms.

Apr 12, 2018
It was cute, but it would've been more meaningful if they presented some sort of tangible goal or mission statement to back up the gaming-first message they were getting at.

All three of these dudes are making beaucoup bucks for their respective companies and aren't stealing the others' lunch so there's no real reason they can't get along anyway. Appearing on stage wasn't ever out of the realm of possibility. Making something out of it seems to be, though.

Nov 20, 2017
Frankly, nyeh. Nothing funny came out of this, 'Playtendobox' gag suggested in this thread (first page) would be actually the right kind of silly.

Also, with noone representing PC-monopolist Steam it's even further down 'nyeh' road to me. While consoles have profound significance for PC market (especially related to AAA titles), whatever dumb and/or greedy idea Valve comes up with next have more consequences for me as I play exclusively on PC/Steam.