• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
This is addressed to people who consider announcements subject to spoilers but may not be able to watch them live and thus are afraid of getting spoiled while looking for the stream replay itself.

This will not protect you against finding stuff on the rest of the internet, including, but not limited to, publishers' and developers' websites, RE itself, Twitter, Facebook, Wikipedia, The Onion, Wal-Mart Canada and other retailers, etc., it's only there so you won't need these to see the videos themselves, and to reduce exposure to YouTube suggestions during watching.

Here's the link to my list page (shilling alert?). For the best results, you probably want to bookmark it so that you don't have to search for this thread through RE while avoiding to search for stream replays through RE.

Here's what I'm planning to link on the page later this week:
  • Every conference listed on RE E3 general information thread, except for Google one since that's done.
  • Nintendo tournament chain.
  • EZA live commentary to the above if any. (Probably with higher delay than base stuff, as they tend to upload things later, also song flagging can happen).
I'd actually like to screw with my sleep habits to watch them live and link them ASAP, but I may fail. You will not receive a refund due to that, regardless of whether you have browsed the page for less than two hours.

You may be surprised that I'm using an HTML page instead of Google Docs, as others seemed to do. There are two reasons for this. One, my phone experience with Google Docs is that it's absolutely terrible, so I prefer using HTML as a user myself, and two, I need some JavaScript anyway to hide pause suggestions, as far as I know (YouTube used to not have these and thus you got a good enough protection by crafting a link to an iframe, but not anymore). I don't expect the host to go down due to E3 either (the small chance of that happening to RE is why I'm not listing the links here). The spartan graphical design is sort of intended (bandwidth), but if there's some major usability concern with it I'm all ears.

If you want to make your own, possibly better if for no reason then for your timezone, spoiler-free link page, reply and I'll link it here (and maybe on my page as well, we'll see about that) for alternative bookmarking and whatnot:
  • ???'s page (???)
Would you kindly consider testing the things beforehand (this thing is barely tested at all, but there's some old test links up there already), voicing your concerns, and even replying that you think everything is fine? If this thread is considerably popular, maybe someone will see this as a problem that could use a better solution. (Need something to write on? Consider this hypothetical scenario: there's a video I should link to, but its hard to describe well without spoiling another video, e.g. Death of a Salesman on Ice - Story Preview Stream while the game was announced by Bethesda earlier. What should I do?)

Last but not least, please don't post news in this thread for obvious reasons.

OP revision history:
  1. initial version

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for this!! This will be very handy for me for Bethesda and Square Enix which I certainly won't be able to watch live and perhaps even a few others depending on how things go in the week. I like how the video is hidden if I pause it.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
First year where I'm working evening-night shifts so I won't be able to watch most of them. Thanks for this, gonna just leave it open on my PC and put it on sleep mode so it opens back up here.

OP
OP
stan423321

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
(I've noticed a few people asking about this type of thread in general E3 information thread, stuck with my post about this thread in the bottom, and some people rely on alerts to notice stuff, which may not work when edited in. Apologies for non-organic post.)

( dirtyjane tusharngf Lakitu DrewyMcK )

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for this will definitely be using this for the Bethesda and Devolver conferences which aren't too friendly for us in the UK

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this might be the best thread to ask, when are the first pre-E3 streams going up? And thanks for the thread! :)

OP
OP
stan423321

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this might be the best thread to ask, when are the first pre-E3 streams going up? And thanks for the thread! :)
The Google Stadia stream is done since a while and thus debatably not a part of E3. EA Play and Nintendo tournaments start in umphteen hours. A day later, Xbox conference starts, and other stuff I'm aware of is afterwards.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The Google Stadia stream is done since a while and thus debatably not a part of E3. EA Play and Nintendo tournaments start in umphteen hours. A day later, Xbox conference starts, and other stuff I'm aware of is afterwards.

Yeah I knew about the Stadia one but wasn't interested in it but alright so I should be on the lookout over the next day? I want to soak up as much E3 as I can :D

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A simple suggestion I would add is to have a link on your website back to this thread in case any issues do arise say, a day or two later and people can easily find this thread if they've already bookmarked your website. Avoids someone having to come back here and using the search bar and potentially getting spoiled by thread titles.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My hero <3 I'm driving home from Wisconsin Wednesday afternoon so I will be missing Microsoft

Volo

Oct 26, 2017
Cool idea to use a custom HTML page (I recall people having trouble with Google sheet links last year) - thanks for picking the thread up.

Last edited:

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Thank you. Don't believe corporate games journalism. It's fun to not have e3 and every big movie or episode of a new show spoiled.

OP
OP
stan423321

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this!

One thing people should keep in mind for EZA is that they may have reactions to specific games clipped out by the morning, so to avoid that and just get the VOD archives, use this link: https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies/videos?filter=archives&sort=time
A simple suggestion I would add is to have a link on your website back to this thread in case any issues do arise say, a day or two later and people can easily find this thread if they've already bookmarked your website. Avoids someone having to come back here and using the search bar and potentially getting spoiled by thread titles.
Implemented in the notes, thank you.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Thanks for the thread and links, I'll prolly need to skip SE and Ninty cus of work and I do appreciate watching the conferences/directs blind.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Thanks! I have family photos right at the Xbox event time tonight. I'm not all too worried about spoilers but would like to watch the entire conference when I get back and reduce the amount of news I see.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be able to watch Nintendo's conference till a few hours after it airs, so I really appreciate this. Thank you!

OP
OP
stan423321

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I cannot get UploadVR conference to work. And no, I don't mean a blockade against putting it on the website, I've seen that before. I can't watch it on my computer back on YouTube, surrounded by all the regular YouTube stuff. I'll keep looking if UploadVR fixes it, but in the meantime, if this is an isolated error and the wrapped link worked for you, it would be helpful to know.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
Hey - just wanted to say thanks for this. Used it for all the Sun/Mon conferences I missed.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
(I've noticed a few people asking about this type of thread in general E3 information thread, stuck with my post about this thread in the bottom, and some people rely on alerts to notice stuff, which may not work when edited in. Apologies for non-organic post.)

( dirtyjane tusharngf Lakitu DrewyMcK )
thank you!!!!
I just got back from vacation without getting spoiled and just saw your mention, thanks for the work!

OP
OP
stan423321

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
So I was supposed to ask for closing comments a few days ago, but there's some mess with EZA videos and they keep getting reuploaded - PCGamer one got reuploaded twice, in fact; hopefully that's enough. On the good side of things, looks like UploadVR conference is playable everywhere I'm trying it now - I guess YT did recompress it or something.

If there's some obvious suggestions for improvement were I or someone else do this thing again, this would be the time to post them nonetheless.