• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hey friendos.

Thanks so much for making ResetEra a thriving community in a mere two days. With hundreds of threads in both gaming and off-topic, your passion for games and your pure enjoyment of discussion is clear for everyone to see. It's honestly a privilege to build this all with you.

With that said, I wanted to take this chance to make something clear. Among completely new faces, a large number of us migrated here from elsewhere. Relationships built up, hostilities sometimes built up, reputations may or may not have been made with other members, developers, or otherwise. There's history with many.

However, this is ResetEra.

We're not bringing baggage with us. Everyone gets a fresh start and should be treated with respect, courtesy, and fairness. If someone is conducting themselves within the confines of the TOS, having hurt no one, do not treat them differently for perceived history from outside this forum. Engage each other as you normally would. We have a chance to form a community that's comfortable for everybody.

Tl;dr - Just be nice to each other, yeah?

~Shin ❤️

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for putting in the hard work in making this happen shinobi602 . Can't speak for everyone on here but so far everyone has been super welcoming and friendly to me and I greatly look forward to chatting with tons of people on here all thanks to what you and your fellow resetera people built here. I hope it's around for many decades to come

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have resolved to leave all the old grudges I might have had against people behind at the old place. I hope that the others who have migrated here will do the same. A fresh start is a fresh start!

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can toast to that.

EditERA:
I have resolved to leave all the old grudges I might have had against people behind at the old place. I hope that the others who have migrated here will do the same. A fresh start is a fresh start!
Agreed. I've directed a number of less than polite posts your way in the past, Unknown, but I'm glad to see you here.

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I think that's doable. It's time for a new start!

I got everyone commemorative plates to celebrate:

81tlSD2mQAL._SX355_.jpg

But seriously, yes. I like what you said, Shinobi, and I think we can and will get along very well here.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm heartened to find how gracious and decent the atmosphere here is. I hope that never changes.

Challenges will come in time but I hope that the admins and posters can meet them with the same spirit of good will with which this forum was started.

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing as this is a new beginning, that's part of the reason why I chose a new username despite having posted in the previous community with other members here.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Let people be judged on the merits of their posts in this forum, not outside of it.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry for spoiling that one scene in Game of Thrones. Please forgive me purple place. I love you.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Preach.

This place is astonishing.

PS. I'm sorry if I yelled at anyone about Splinter Cell in the past. Blacklist was just really good, ok?

Oct 25, 2017
I will genuinely try my best to be less of a dick on here because I love this place and this community is rad. I hope anyone I pissed off in the past can give me a break in that regard.

Same to everyone else. Fresh start. No reason we can't all be homies.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
I would probably be more active here than the previous forum. Be nice with me fam. XOXO

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff. And hey, you never know, people grow up and change. That person you remember one way from years back could be your friend now.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would probably be a good idea to have the general outline of Tos posted as a sticky at least initially ?

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me. I changed my user name as a fresh start and a reminder not to be an asshole. (Formerly PopeReal)

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I got approved a lot quicker than I thought I would lol. Missed every single goddamn invite!

Status
Not open for further replies.