• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people here will interpret that we indeed doxxed people. We haven't. They need to have receipts to make that claim, and you know very well they'll use your post as evidence of such claims.
I know what the Bore is but I don't know who you are. In any case yes, The Bore itself isn't guilty of doxxing ( to my knowledge). It at best is a sad little forum where people who can't let go - go. At worse it's another stream for places like Voat and Kiwifarms to information gather for doxxing purposes. I imagine there's probably some overlap between members in all those places however (I know for a fact there is between Bore and Voat anyway).
This is some bs. Himuro you were already told by a mod at slaent that they were doxxed by users from the bore in the past, it's certainly weird for you to claim ignorance.
http://slaent.com/thread/1232086/page/85/post/1243268/
I know mods have stated not to start any forum drama, but acting so disingenuously.

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said it was to my knowledge. I long had stopped paying the Bore any attention, however I wont pretend to be surprised if they do have guilty members. As I said there is some overlap between posters there and Voat after all.
Sorry wasn't calling you out, just wanted to bring it to your attention when himuro wasn't being honest in your discussion.

Hornyacker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where all this "hate site" stuff is coming from. The Bore has one thread dedicated to laughing at GAF (and other forums) and literally every other thread is just normal banter about Taco Bell and dicks.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry wasn't calling you out, just wanted to bring it to your attention when himuro wasn't being honest in your discussion.

Oh, yeah. I knew that from the start haha.

Edit: Just read the last half of the last page so that's the last I'll post about it in the thread. If I have any future concerns I'll take it directly to somebody.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
This is some bs. Himuro you were already told by a mod at slaent that they were doxxed by users from the bore in the past, it's certainly weird for you to claim ignorance.
http://slaent.com/thread/1232086/page/85/post/1243268/
I know mods have stated not to start any forum drama, but acting so disingenuously.

I asked Dy plainly and clearly who doxxed him. We go way back. At least to 2003. I trust him when he says he was doxxed. But when I asked him how he knew it came from the Bore he provided no evidence. So no, I'm not claiming ignorance. If he wants to talk about it he can talk to me privately.

tumour_love

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User was warned for: trolling
i think ive seen lionpride on . can we be certain they have never doxxed anyone from here?

Deleted member 13131

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just wanted to note, discussion like the ongoing are a part of why moderating a forum such as RE is really freaking hard. It takes a lot of people working together and putting a ton of thought and continual, relentless effort into the endeavor. I helped do this at another board for a few years years and seeing the amount of passion and work that went into it was often quite humbling. Often good intentions and large amounts of effort can be met with scorn, and any learning curve a team might have is on full display to everyone. It's a really hard thing to get right. It's given me an appreciation for moderation teams and the kinds of things they have to deal with both on the board and behind the scenes.

roboleon

random guy on the internet
Oct 26, 2017
"Baesda can kiss my dick btw."

So I take it this is an acceptable level of discourse around here since that WAY OVER THE TOP 24 hour PhoenixDark ban got revoked?

I frankly find this whole situation disturbing. Posters in this very thread are in full Jehovah's Witness YAY US!!!! Aren't we the best, and BTW mods rock!!-mode on this forum, while at this very moment cheering, laughing, thumbs upping and spurring on people posting comments like "beefsoda", "obesada" and "fat fuck" about a fellow ResetEra poster in their other hangout. And the official response here is: form a circle, be friends and please don't talk about it.

How miserable do you have to feel about yourself to participate in stuff like that?

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
"Baesda can kiss my dick btw."

So I take it this is an acceptable level of discourse around here since that WAY OVER THE TOP 24 hour PhoenixDark ban got revoked?

I frankly find this whole situation disturbing. Posters in this very thread are in full Jehovah's Witness YAY US!!!! Aren't we the best, and BTW mods rock!!-mode on this forum, while at this very moment cheering, laughing, thumbs upping and spurring on people posting comments like "beefsoda", "obesada" and "fat fuck" about a fellow ResetEra poster in their other hangout. And the official response here is: form a circle, be friends and please don't talk about it.

How miserable do you have to feel about yourself to participate in stuff like that?
boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
What, exactly, do you expect us to do?

Ban everyone who has an account at thebore? Ban certain individuals who shitpost at thebore (whilst making sure they're the same people)?

Basically, start moderating another forum?

Look, I understand your frustrations, but you aren't seeing this from our perspective. I was hoping the admin statements would be sufficient to put your minds at ease. Apparently not. That's OK, but comparing us to a "both sides" defender of white supremacists is really uncalled for. Knock it off.

Deleted member 15326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the issue is that past behavior is being conflated with current behavior, although for some people there is no difference.

If the official position is that past behavior will be ignored in the interest of civility then fine, but ignoring present behavior does not seem wise, especially considering the fact that some of the current Reset staff has...vocal detractors.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
but ignoring present behavior does not seem wise

We're all in agreement on this point.

All users who register here must abide by the guidelines laid out in the FAQ.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/faq.315/

I suggest everyone read and familiarize themselves with that section.

As there is nothing further to discuss in this thread I'll be locking it. I'll also unstick it from the top of the forum shortly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.