• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A group of firefighters and police that were responding to a bee sting were attacked Thursday afternoon by a swarm of nearly 40,000 Africanized bees.

Three of the first responders were rushed to the hospital, while the others quickly shut down the block.

"I've been with the fire department 18 years now and responded to several bee incidents," Pasadena Fire Department Public Information Officer Lisa Derderian told CNN. "But never to this magnitude."
The bees stung seven people in total, but two of them didn't go to the hospital, the authorities said.

No one got it worse than the first firefighter who arrived. The bees stung him 17 times.

That led to the group to realize that the swarm of bees covered the entire block.

twitter.com

CNN on Twitter

“A group of firefighters and police that were responding to a bee sting were attacked by a swarm of nearly 40,000 Africanized bees.Three of the first responders were rushed to the hospital, while the others quickly shut down the block. https://t.co/hXDsfO4jBw”

Wu-Tang at it again.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Africanized bees?

It's the 80s all over again.

I was scared shitless of them... and that movie didn't help.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh this is good to read today after i noticed a huge swarm of bees around this one bush today by my house.

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Obviously sucks for everyone. Where did those bees come from?

Also why do you need firefighters and police there to start? The initial report was 1 bee sting, why wasn't an ambulance the first thing there.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
this is the first that i hear the cops and firefighters being called for bee stings.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously sucks for everyone. Where did those bees come from?

Also why do you need firefighters and police there to start? The initial report was 1 bee sting, why wasn't an ambulance the first thing there.

for a few reasons. sometimes complete information isn't given so it's better to send all three as opposed to just one. sometimes the extra hands are needed. sometimes fire / police might be closer than an ambulance and can start to render aid immediately while the ambulance is on its way.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
These fuckers are swarming around because of one moron in Brazil who tought it was a good idea to cross African bees with European Bees creating a damn hybrid, that escaped captivity and spread all over Latin America all the way to the US.

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they just installed 5G on the towers close to there. I keep hearing about that shit is making nature act crazy. A bunch of birds did like a mass suicide and a few people think it's the new 5G they were testing. THIS COULD BE COMPLETE BULLSHIT

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The jokes in here are fun but it's REALLY disturbing that these bees laid a trap by stinging one person then waited for others to help before ambushing them. Now we know what has been happening to the missing bees. They're not missing, they're lying in wait...

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone here born in the early 70's knows you'd either die by a nuclear attack or killer bees by your 20th birthday.
How am I still here?

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care how many times I see this gif, it always gets a full laugh out of me. The audience reaction is funny enough but Oprah strutting around is the perfect cap.

Anyone here born in the early 70's knows you'd either die by a nuclear attack or killer bees by your 20th birthday.
How am I still here?
Yeah, as a kid growing up in California, I constantly watched updates on the news of killer bees coming up from Mexico and fire ants moving west from Texas. I knew I was staring down an insect based death.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
All we need to do is release thousands of Asian Hornets and they'll take care of the bees.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, as a kid growing up in California, I constantly watched updates on the news of killer bees coming up from Mexico and fire ants moving west from Texas. I knew I was staring down an insect based death.

lol I was going to say Fire Ants also but I wasn't sure if I saw that threat in a movie, the news or In Search Of.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A single bee sting report only to be ambushed by 40k bees. Did the bees call it in?!

giphy.gif

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
How would you even begin to estimate that there was "a swarm of nearly 40,000 Africanized bees."

Is there some advanced high-tech bee-counting device I'm not aware of?

"Well goddamn, that's a lot of bees. How many are there, do you reckon?"

"Eh, I dunno, maybe 40,000 lmao"

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Africanized bees have spread to more places over the years. Now they're setting traps. Soon they'll be trolling on the Internet.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
A swarm of thousands of bees laying a trap in order to assault the local police? The media won't tell you the truth but we all know who was really responsible.
iSYTw.webp