• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We wish you a Merry Christmas

We wish you a Merry Christmas

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New...

PlaintiveUnhappyAmericancrocodile-size_restricted.gif

"GRAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!"
Alright alright, calm down Bumble. There's going to be some Rankin Bass on this years list, don't worry about.

A sort of a yearly tradition now, I've been posting animated Christmas Cartoon and Seasonal Specials for everyone to enjoy. And moving on the third year... glad there is still enough out there to fill a full month.

For everyday in December, I will post a Christmas Cartoon (Primarily from the western side of the world) for you to track down, watch, hopefully enjoy and discuss, There are numerous ways you can attempt to watch it, find the special playing on TV, watch it on a catch up service, trawl through your Netflix or amazon prime video players and see if it's there, buy it from Itunes or maybe even dust off the old VHS or DVD that has it recorded, Maybe even check Disney + if it's in your part of the world yet.

2 rules I have for this, rule number 1, we won't be repeating any cartoons from last year, if it's been on a previous year list, it won't be in the calendar. You can still go to the previous calendars and view them (Or even triple up and watch three cartoons in one day!)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-christmas-cartoon-specials-advent-calendar-2017.9004/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/another-christmas-cartoon-specials-advent-calendar-2018.84524/

Rule number 2? Only one cartoon per series. Yes there are multiple Simpsons Christmas Specials, this list will only contain one special. We need to save some of them for next year after all (And maybe even the year after that? We'll see how many specials are out there)

This list will be a mix of Christmas classics of old, some newer more recent Christmas specials and some hidden gems that deserve more attentions than they have. Perfect for the whole family to enjoy. If you have seen them, or once you've finished watching, feel free to discuss about the special and any other Christmas specials you enjoy (Be aware there is a chance that special may show up in the calendar on a later day though!)

Special Days are back again, here is the line up for special days this year.

On Tuesdays: Keeping with the tradition with Christmas Carol specials. Turns out there are a lot of takes on Charles Dickens story, this is a day just for them!
On Thursdays: It's the dreaded Lumps of Christmas Coals, some of the worst christmas specials out there that you can find, not for the faint of heart.
On Saturdays: New to this year will be christmas movie night, where we have a feature length christmas movie to watch for the day.
On Sundays: We have one for the adults, Adult Focused cartoons that may be a little inappropriate for the little kids. But sure to add some extra spice to an adults christmas spirit.

So without further ado, let's get the next calendar rolling!

7NLqujs.png

Day 1:
Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer (1964)
Ok, let's appease the Bumble. The Rankin Bass specials are among the most well known of Christmas Specials, with Rudolph being the most famous of the all. Based of the original 1939 poem, this then diverges quite a bit from it in the middle. With an Elf wanting to be a Dentist, A prospector searching for Silver and Gold, an Island of misfits toys, and yes, an Abominable Snowman as well. For someone who didn't grow up on Rankin Bass (They aren't as popular in the UK), it's a weird watch, but it's a fun one and it's a classic for a reason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
pF8teZq.png

2017 Christmas Advent Calendar
2018 Christmas Advent Calendar
Day 1: Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer (1964)
Day 2: It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown (1992)
Day 3: The Stingiest Man in Town (1978)
Day 4: The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree (1979)
Day 5: Olaf's Frozen Adventure (2017)
Day 6: Static Shock - Frozen Out (2002)
Day 7: The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
Day 8: Beavis and Butt-Head do Christmas (1995)
Day 9: The Simpsons - Marge Be Not Proud (1995)
Day 10: Ducktales - Last Christmas! (2018)
Day 11: Casper's First Christmas (1979)
Day 12: The Snowman and The Snowdog (2012)
Day 13: The Little Match Girl (2006)
Day 14: Rise of the Guardians (2012)
Day 15: Bob's Burgers - The Last Gingerbread House on the Left (2016)
Day 16: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Best Gift Ever (2018)
Day 17: Be Cool Scooby Doo! - Scroogey Doo (2017)
Day 18: A Chipmunk Christmas (1981)
Day 19: The Nuttiest Nutcracker (1999)
Day 20: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - A Lost Claus (2005)
Day 21: Klaus (2019)
Day 22: King of the Hill - Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Propane (2003)
Day 23: Prep and Landing (2009)
Day 24: Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas! (2006)
Day 25: Ed, Edd n Eddy's Jingle Jingle Jangle (2004)
Day 26: Eight Crazy Night's (2002)
Day 27: The First Snow of Winter (1998)
Day 28: The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales (2017)
Day 29: Moral Orel (2005)
Day 30: Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey (1977)
Day 31: Tokyo Godfathers (2003)

Time of upload will aim for the 7pm-10pm BST, but personal situations may result in earlier or later days.​

Last edited:
OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
SfNMIux.png
Day 2:
It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown (1992)

Having to live up to the original Charlie Brown christmas special is a near impossible task, and whilst this special isn't as good as the original. This one shouldn't be overlooked. It's a series of short stories with the peanuts gang, including Charlie Brown selling Christmas Wreaths, Snoopy being a Corner Santa, and Peppermint Patty becoming a sheep for a School Play.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
CBOX7Tg.png

Day 3:
The Stingiest Man in Town (1978)
Every Tuesday this month we'll dive into the various adaptations of Charles Dickens classic, A Christmas Carol. Being the most popular Christmas Story out there, nearly everyone has taken their own spin at it, from The Flintstones to the ponies of Friendship is Magic, even Ghostbusters took a shot at it once.

This year... Well, Bumble still wants to see more Rankin Bass stuff, so here is Rankin Bass adaptation of A Christmas Carol. It's also apparantly an animated adaptation of a live action musical special, also known as The Stingiest Man in Town from 1956.

As a personal aside though... I honestly think this could have made the Lump of Coal list? It's being saved by the Christmas Carol listing, but it's certainly a possible candidate for the worst of's that I did an alt version anyway.

lYkJ6jn.png

There still will be a Lump of Coal this week on Thursday, but as a minor spoiler, the opener is here more from what it represents over it's actual quality. So if you want some actual badness, here you go. So let's get the worst Christmas Carol adaptation out of the way, hopefully we can move on to brighter pastures in the upcoming weeks.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
MzV4GV1.png

Day 4: The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree (1979)
Time for everyone's favourite family of bears that is always mispelt (Berensteen? Bearanstain?). Either way, it's Christmas Time in Bear Country and it's time to decorate for Christmas, Papa Bear is looking for a tree to get the family, but would rather get his own than one from Grizzly Gus. I wonder how well that will go for him...

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
OiGgRbc.png

Day 5:
Olaf's Frozen Adventure (2017)
Every thursday, we are going to dig up some of the worst of the worst that christmas has to offer. Only the brave need apply here for when we get to the real bad stuff at the end of the month. Your probably staring at todays one and thinking like.

"Really? A Frozen Special? The Animation is good, it has some catchy songs, why is this here?"

The reason this special actually has to do with the history of how this film was distributed. See, this film was released as a "Short" that played ahead of Coco. I use the word "Short" with fingerquotes here is that short is 21 minutes long, So if you wanted to watch you film about Dia De Los Muertos (Or just wanted to watch Coco because Coco is pretty great") You had to wait a good 20+ minutes before even getting to watch it and instead get a short about Olaf trying to find a christmas holiday tradition instead. Mexico hated this short so much that they eventually stopped airing it ahead of Coco screenings over there.

And that is why it has made the list this week. For being a christmas short that got in the way of a great film and nearly turned people off from seeing it.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I went to the theater for Coco late so I could skip this. Ended up arriving just in time for it, lol.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I want to thank last year's incarnation of this thread for recommending "Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas" special. High quality stuff.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
TbGKCF7.png

Day 6: Static Shock - Frozen Out (2002)
From one Frozen to another one. Part of the fun with doing this list is finding specials you haven't even seen before, and this was one of them. Static is up against a Bang Baby known as Permafrost this week. Though Permafrost is a bit more of a tragic figure than the other metahumans the show has had. You'll have to watch the episode to find out how.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
l6B9Eo4.png

Day 7: The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
New to this year are Merry Movies, whilst we have had christmas movies in the past, this year I want to dedicate an entire day for it this year. A day to light the fire, kick back, and relax to some festive films.

So let's start with the one where Christmas get's Hijacked by Halloween! Don't get too mad Christmas, you've been starting earlier year after year already. Before Nightmare get's the Live Action remake treatment, let's go back to this stop motion classic on how Jack got really bored one day and wanted to try something new for once on a whim.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Being somewhere between a Halloween movie, and a Christmas movie, I consider that to be a Thanksgiving movie.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
h39S3Bk.png

Day 8:
Beavis and Butt-Head Do Christmas (1995)
Every Sunday I'll be focusing on a cartoon with a more mature focus that won't be appropriate for the younger kids. For this week we've got a fairly long section of Beavis and Butt-head. 60 minutes worth including parodies of A Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life. , alongside some Letters to Santa Butt Head as well.

Dec 22, 2017

Day 8:
Beavis and Butt-Head Do Christmas (1995)
Every Sunday I'll be focusing on a cartoon with a more mature focus that won't be appropriate for the younger kids. For this week we've got a fairly long section of Beavis and Butt-head. 60 minutes worth including parodies of A Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life. , alongside some Letters to Santa Butt Head as well.

I remember this being hilarious. Doesn't the angel show how the world would be better if Butthead killed himself? Lol. Guess I will have to watch and find out.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
13ioXpz.png

Day 9:
The Simpsons - Marge Be Not Proud (1995)

Ever had that one video game you really wanted to get, but probably had no chance of ever getting? Well, maybe attempting to steal it is not the best option, as Bart finds out in this classic Simpsons episode.

Also features perhaps the greatest video game of all time in Lee Carvallo's Putting challenge.

F757PV1IJ7WO443.LARGE.jpg

You tell me you wouldn't want a copy of this.​

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
EfC8FXP.png

Day 10:
Ducktales - Last Christmas! (2018)
Back in the first christmas cartoon specials advent calendar, I featured Mickey's Christmas Carol, where Scrooge McDuck got visited by the ghosts of christmas past, present and future. Ducktales last year gave us a Pseudo-Sequel. Where a similar group of Christmas Spirits visit Scrooge, but turns out Ducktales Scrooge was a much nicer guy to deal with and now they keep in touch and party at christmas, although this year things might be a bit different... Meanwhile Louie get's to travel to the past and see younger versions of Donald Duck (Voiced by the late Russi Taylor) and someone else in particular. I don't want to say too much more but I will mention there are some big spoilers for the new Ducktales in this episode. It should still be fine to watch as standalone though.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
SNypeFu.png

Day 11:
Casper's First Christmas (1979)
It's another giant christmas crossover with the Hanna Barbera characters, and whilst I question the contradiction with Yogi and Boo Boo from Yogi's First Christmas, that one came a year after this one. Casper and his friend Hairy Scarey are gonna need to find a new house to haunt as their current one is about to be demolished, but things change when Yogi and Friends crash land at the house and decorate it up for Christmas. Casper is up for the celebration, but is Hairy Scarey?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are any of the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon specials on your list? Those were fantastic back in the day, particularly Fairly OddParents Christmas Every Day, Invader Zim Most Horrible X-Mas Ever, Powerpuff Girls Twas the Fight Before Christmas, Edd Ed n Eddy Jingle Jingle Jangle, and the Spongebob Squarepants Christmas Special

Or Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer for a lump of coal? Maybe Rap City Street Kids Believe in Santa?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Are any of the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon specials on your list? Those were fantastic back in the day, particularly Fairly OddParents Christmas Every Day, Invader Zim Most Horrible X-Mas Ever, Powerpuff Girls Twas the Fight Before Christmas, Edd Ed n Eddy Jingle Jingle Jangle, and the Spongebob Squarepants Christmas Special

Or Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer for a lump of coal? Maybe Rap City Street Kids Believe in Santa?
That last one at least was covered last year.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
XSSasJG.png

Day 12:
The Snowman and The Snowdog (2012)
Maybe I'm being a little too harsh with some of these lumps of coal this year. There are some really terrible stuff out there, and I'm throwing in stuff that's watchable, but are being placed in the lump of coal for reasons outside of their quality. Because again, the animation is nice on this one.

So why is it here? It's because you've already seen this. Outside of a fairly well done opening, this is basically The Snowman (1982) yet again. And If you haven't seen the Snowman go watch that instead, as this is basically The Snowman, But with a dog. That should make it sound better right? But... well, let's do everything the first Snowman did, let's do it worse, and the only difference is the dog, which doesn't even mix up the story that much. Unless you really like the dog (And admittingly, it is a cute dog), there is zero reason to watch this over the original.

And spoilers here, but it's ending sorta misses the point of the original as well. Still, here's cute dog, hope you find it cute, because that's the only thing this version has going for it.

And tomorrow's might be later than normal because I've got a work christmas party to attend. Just as a heads up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ql0SzQf.png

Day 13:
The Little Match Girl (2006)

A short but somber one today. Based of Hans Christian Andersons story tells the tale of a Girl trying to sell her matches one christmas evening... that's about all I can say before I nearly spoil everything in this one. This was originally planned for the scrapped Fantasia 2006 before being released seperately alongside the platinum edition of The Little Mermaid (Another Hans Christian Anderson tale). Unlike Little Mermaid, this ones ending is a lot more faithful to the original tale.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
MPLhB3g.png

Day 14
Rise of the Guardians (2012)
A requested film for the advent calendar long before I started it, Rise of the Guardians tells the tale of Jack Frost, who has been recruited by the Guardians of all the kids in the world (Incarnations of various holidays and childlike activities like Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and the Sandman) from defeating Pitch, who wishes to snuff out all hope from kids of the world and plunge the world into fear. Can Jack help the Guardians defeat Pitch and find his purpose in the world?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad movie, really.
Also notable for Jack unexpectedly being really popular in fan art, including shipping him with Elsa.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loves to watch Christmas movies, I didn't really care for that one. Maybe I should give it another chance, see if it grows on me.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
7KCmkTq.png

Day 15:
Bob's Burgers - The Last Gingerbread House on the Left (2016)

What happens when you enter a Gingerbread House competition when things go a little too far? Well, Bob's about to find out. Linda meanwhile is taking all the kids Christmas Caroling, is anyone going to care for the songs though? What about the really creepy house over there...​

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
exxc0W6.png

Day 16
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Best Gift Ever (2018)
A gift swap activity leads to each of the mane 6 (and Spike) going through a wild adventure trying to get the best gift for their target. Pinkie Pie is travelling far north to find the Gift Givers, Fluttershy and Applejack try to prevent Flim and Flam from conning everyone this Hearth's Warming, Spike is trying to find the best personal gift for Rarity, and when Discord tries to help Rainbow Dash get the perfect gift for Fluttershy, you know that chaos is coming right around the corner.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Note that unlike previous MLP listings, this is a full blown hour long special.

That reminds me, A Very Minty Christmas when?

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
5V4fU4e.png

Day 17:
Be Cool Scooby Doo! - Scroogey Doo (2017)
The year is 1843, and the Mystery Gang happen upon a man named Scrooge, he appears to be having a ghost problem as three spirits are haunting him that night, so it's up to the gang to solve this mystety. But it's not just Scrooge getting haunted, Velma appears to be getting the full 3 spirits visions as well...

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
domhQDn.png

Day 18
A Chipmunk Christmas (1981)
One good deed by Alvin leads to a number of complications with an upcoming performance he is required to do. And despite his good intentions, can Alvin, Simon and Theodore raise enough money in time for the Christmas Performance?

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Zsv1XMR.png

Day 19
The Nuttiest Nutcracker (1999)
The Nutcracker Suite is part of the Public Domain, this means that nearly anyone can have a stab at doing their adaptations on it. Disney even had a try at it last year with Nutcracker and the Four Realms (If you can even remember it).

One look at that screenshot for today should tell you why I've picked this adaptation for our Lump of Coals this year. Brace yourself for this one.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
9OMNomf.png

Day 20:
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - A Lost Claus (2005)
Mac is having a crisis of faith when it comes to Santa Claus this christmas, Can Santa travel around the world in one night? Can he fit down a chimney? Does he even do Mall Visits? Mac is going to find any shred of evidence that Santa is real. Meanwhile, Bloo hatches a scheme to make sure he get's more than one present this Christmas. It goes as well as you think a Bloo plan would.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
wCDzXlV.png

Day 21:
Klaus (2019)
Time for the most recent recommendation on the list, and probably one of the most relevant because if you want more stuff like this, you should watch it (and if you already have watched it, watch it again!). An over-privileged son is sent the task of setting up a post-office in one of the most hospitable environments up north, Smergensberg, it seems like it will take a miracle to get any postal system working in this town, but maybe the mysterious woodsman might have that miracle for him...

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Klaus was pretty good, aside from obtrusive insert songs and some scenes getting played up more than they perhaps should have been. The animation and art direction are amazing.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Early one today due to Family Gathering.

K04TDwg.png

Day 22:
King of the Hill - Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Propane (2003)
Hank takes Bobby on a christmas adventure in a Big Rig after the recent passing of his mother's friend. Though no one said roadtrips are ever going to be easy.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the wonderful list Killstealwolf. I wish I had been less busy so I could follow it before now!

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
yU8rzw7.png

Day 23
Prep and Landing (2009)
The Prep and Landing team is an elite organization that readys houses for Santa's arrival, Wayne has been looking forward to getting a promotion, but keeps getting passed up, now he has to work with newbie Lanny, can he overcome his bitterness and make sure everything goes smooth for the big night?

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ujmf2sK.png

Day 24:
Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas (2006)
Time for the Looney Tunes take on the classic tale, and it's Daffy Duck that's our resident Scrooge, the owner of the Lucky Duck Superstore, unsurprisingly he treats his employees like dirt, and Bugs warns Daffy he'll incur the wrath of the ghosts of christmas. Like Daffy would believe that though. Well, he'll find out they are a bit more real than he first thought shortly.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
sIQbajd.png

Day 25:
Ed, Edd n Eddy's Jingle Jingle Jangle (2004)

Happy Holidays everyone one, I hope you got some great christmas presents this year, because Eddy didn't. He wants to get some better presents after opening his presents early and thinking they sucked, so he's going to try and get himself adopted by one of the other neighbourhood kids to get some of their presents instead. Can Ed and Edd show Eddy the true meaning of Christmas being more than just presents?​

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
VuF9ad3.png

Day 26:
Eight Crazy Night's (2002)
We have one more week of cartoons left to go. And that means one more lump of coal. And we've saved the worst for the end. Adam Sandler. He's not exactly have the best reputation over the years, sometimes he's in really good things (Heck, Uncut Gems just came out.) But he's also been in some of the worst films of all times as well. Eight Crazy Nights falls into the latter category. It feels like it has potential, it has fine animation and the idea for a Hannukah Film has potential, but it's dragged down by some of the worst Sandlerisms out there. Steel yourselves for this one.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Man, eight crazy nights is awful. Probably my least favorite holiday movie of all time.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
VuF9ad3.png

Day 26:
Eight Crazy Night's (2002)
We have one more week of cartoons left to go. And that means one more lump of coal. And we've saved the worst for the end. Adam Sandler. He's not exactly have the best reputation over the years, sometimes he's in really good things (Heck, Uncut Gems just came out.) But he's also been in some of the worst films of all times as well. Eight Crazy Nights falls into the latter category. It feels like it has potential, it has fine animation and the idea for a Hannukah Film has potential, but it's dragged down by some of the worst Sandlerisms out there. Steel yourselves for this one.

Still can't believe I wasted money to see this garbage in theatres.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
gddGSyz.png

Day 27:
The First Snow of Winter (1998)
Winter is fast approaching and it's time to Migrate south for all the ducks. However, an injury makes it impossible to Sean McDuck to migrate and now he has to survive the harsh winter. With his friend puffy by his side, can they hold out till spring?

Also of note, this cartoon has a different dub depending on which side of the world you are on. I grew up on the UK version, but the US Version has some Tim Curry in it which sounds absolutely smashing.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
XSSasJG.png

Day 12:
The Snowman and The Snowdog (2012)
Maybe I'm being a little too harsh with some of these lumps of coal this year. There are some really terrible stuff out there, and I'm throwing in stuff that's watchable, but are being placed in the lump of coal for reasons outside of their quality. Because again, the animation is nice on this one.

So why is it here? It's because you've already seen this. Outside of a fairly well done opening, this is basically The Snowman (1982) yet again. And If you haven't seen the Snowman go watch that instead, as this is basically The Snowman, But with a dog. That should make it sound better right? But... well, let's do everything the first Snowman did, let's do it worse, and the only difference is the dog, which doesn't even mix up the story that much. Unless you really like the dog (And admittingly, it is a cute dog), there is zero reason to watch this over the original.

And spoilers here, but it's ending sorta misses the point of the original as well. Still, here's cute dog, hope you find it cute, because that's the only thing this version has going for it.

And tomorrow's might be later than normal because I've got a work christmas party to attend. Just as a heads up.

Yo, I find The Snowman and Snowdog to be infinitely better than the original. I cant think of one thing the original does better. The best part of The Snowman is the flight to the North Pole and Snowdog has a better one. Snowdog also has a killer flight home too. I love this movie. After watching The Snowman annually my entire life, I just replace it with this now. Close to my favorite Christmas movie.