• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 4, 2018
maxresdefault.jpg

Says Arnold, located on both of Elsa's arms.

(Source of spotting the second watermark:
I see "arnold" on both arms actually. lol
)

Apparently it shows up for a second then disappears so it's incredibly unlikely you would ever notice unless someone pointed it out.

Still, considering this is likely a pre-rendered scene, if they wanted to remove this watermark they'd have to go back and re-render this scene and re-edit the video to fix the frames the watermark is present.

EDIT:
170ad770e1e7a55282f17b6f75411d07.png

It's entirely possible development took so long their license expired lmao

(The more likely answer is that the machine that was being used to render it didn't have the license on it and they weren't aware, though.)

EDIT 2:

Again? This was in one of the HD Remixes too if I recall.
*Edit*
Yeah, here we go. It was in 0.2 Birth by Sleep.
aJ7oFzv.png

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This apparently happens in a few others scenes in the game, but I'm not sure which ones exactly.

I wonder if they'll patch the game and replace the affected scenes with "fixed" ones.

I see "arnold" on both arms actually. lol
Yup.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense it happened with a Disney world as opposed to a Pixar world lol.

Oct 31, 2017
United Kingdom
170ad770e1e7a55282f17b6f75411d07.png

It's entirely possible development took so long their license expired lmao

(The more likely answer is that the machine that was being used to render it didn't have the license on it and they weren't aware, though.)

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Could it be that the parts of the rendered scenes had artifacts errors and they had to use the Arnold renderer to replace those parts of the cutscenes but forgot to activate the license?
Strange they wouldn't use RenderMan seeing as that is Pixar's own rendering suite.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
Arnold is the real secret villain of the series. We'll find out more about him in the next game on Switch not called Kingdom Hearts IV.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
Could it be that the parts of the rendered scenes had artifacts errors and they had to use the Arnold renderer to replace those parts of the cutscenes but forgot to activate the license?

I didn't follow the rendering pipeline of Pixar but don't they strictly use Renderman instead of third party renderer? I know Disney Animation has the Hyperion renderer but do mix of other renderers.

/only knows how to use Vray, Mantra and Octane Renderer

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't follow the rendering pipeline of Pixar but don't they strictly use Renderman instead of third party renderer? I know Disney Animation has the Hyperion renderer but do mix of other renderers.

/only knows how to use Vray, Mantra and Octane Renderer
Yeah had a brain fart and updated the post. Still weird to me that in a Disney product they wouldn't opt to use the actual Pixar rendering suite to render ... you know uhh Pixar scenes.

Panda Andino

Nov 5, 2018
Probably one of the nodes that was rendering that frame in particular has a bad variable configuration. If that the problem it must be more frames with the same issue in same or other preredered videos.

But if square made a final product with arnold and has a license issue it can be a mayor problem. Yes there is free and ilegal solutions to use it without watermark and noone will know. But with this pic everyone knows now. 🤣

OP
OP
Twenty5Thousand
Nov 4, 2018
Yeah had a brain fart and updated the post. Still weird to me that in a Disney product they wouldn't opt to use the actual Pixar rendering suite to render ... you know uhh Pixar scenes.
There could be any number of reasons why Pixar didn't offer to have rendering done by their methods.

Asset incompatibility, pipeline issues, schedule conflicts, etc...

javac

Oct 28, 2017
As embarrassing as it is she clearly doesn't care what you all have to say about it.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Definitely a licensing issue for the rendering software. The fact that it passed QA testing is a bit surprising tbh.

OP
OP
Twenty5Thousand
Nov 4, 2018
Definitely a licensing issue for the rendering software. The fact that it passed QA testing is a bit surprising tbh.
Probably figured nobody would notice, and if people nowadays didn't have editing software that allowed people to go through this scene frame by frame, people would've likely not noticed for a long time.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I saw this in a video a couple days ago.

EDIT: Yup, Scott falco saw it at 4 min mark:

I thought it was a joke before.

Last edited:

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly it's only in the English language version of the cutscene as well. The Arnold text isn't there in the Japanese language version.

Edit: First saw it mentioned here:

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
If this only shows up in some scenes but not others, I wonder what happened?

Different computers? License expired somewhere along the way? A dropped connection to a licensing server? If they just didn't have a license this would be in everything, right?