• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_n2pzwz0ueV1rrkahjo8_250.gif

.....I hate you lol.

OP
OP
Twenty5Thousand
Nov 4, 2018
If this only shows up in some scenes but not others, I wonder what happened?

Different computers? License expired somewhere along the way? A dropped connection to a licensing server? If they just didn't have a license this would be in everything, right?
For scenes like this often times a large group of computers, referred to as render farms, handle individual scenes or even frames. It's totally possible a few of those computers lost the license before being given the frames to render.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
If this only shows up in some scenes but not others, I wonder what happened?

Different computers? License expired somewhere along the way? A dropped connection to a licensing server? If they just didn't have a license this would be in everything, right?
They probably use different computers to render these scenes for the purposes of saving time, and it just so happened that the computer that rendered this one didn't have the license enabled.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so that explains why that sequence looks so good. It's CGI.

...why did they bother re-creating Let it Go in an inferior-CGI version?

Oct 26, 2017
There was a Let it Go sequence in KH3? Please tell me it wasn't as bad as it sounds. I'm picturing a shoehorned song just crammed in or something.

Nov 25, 2017
its likely a farm issue. they render frames in big batches across a number of machines, if any of those machines has an issue communicating with the server then it can watermark whatever frame it was working on.
so, unlikely they were 'unlicensed' just a farm glitch that no one caught
*im a compositor at rooster teeth

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
There was a Let it Go sequence in KH3? Please tell me it wasn't as bad as it sounds. I'm picturing a shoehorned song just crammed in or something.

I haven't started that world yet, but it retells the movie's plot and has the original voice actor. So... probably the same placement as the original song.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017

Its an almost 100% shot for shot recreation of movie scene and definitely shoehorned in.

My roommate walked past just as the song was starting to play, he laughed at me. Feels bad man.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The Tangled ones were weird because I watched the movie in the days beforehand (so Frozen will be like this for me too).

But it was hilarious to have her panicking montage with all of them inserted into it too, just like... fucking Goofy arbitrarily standing next to Flynn in a shot.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was the highlight of the game. I legit stopped playing right after because 1. I couldn't see the screen thru my tears and 2. there's no way it got better

where is she sakurai

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so that explains why that sequence looks so good. It's CGI.

...why did they bother re-creating Let it Go in an inferior-CGI version?
I have to admit, I had a brain fart when I saw the comparison video late last night and forgot that the whole reason I was watching it was this watermark. For a second there I flipped out at how close they got until I remembered that it wasn't real-time, lol.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I want to know how much the license costs so I can laugh harder at SE.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How come it only shows so shortly? Thought the point of those watermarks was to "ruin" the final version

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
How come it only shows so shortly? Thought the point of those watermarks was to "ruin" the final version
its likely a farm issue. they render frames in big batches across a number of machines, if any of those machines has an issue communicating with the server then it can watermark whatever frame it was working on.
so, unlikely they were 'unlicensed' just a farm glitch that no one caught
*im a compositor at rooster teeth

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
There seems to be some misconceptions going on so lemme try and clarify.
Arnold is a renderer which can be used within Autodesk Maya, a 3D computer graphics program used for modeling and animation. I don't know if Maya was used for KH3, but that frame might've been a bug while rendering.
The Japanese version of the scene does NOT have the watermark so what probably happened is that the scene was done, was sent to NA for lip syncing correction for the English version and there the issue propped up for a moment as described when one of the computers used to render did not have the license.

This is literally a blink and you miss it moment, it's just a glitch, an incredibly minor one at that.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
Frozen being in the game is like... the number one reason I haven't bought this game yet... that and I don't feel like plugging in my PS4

also... it's likely that they used a render farm- a bunch of computers all on a network - to render this sequence... one computer handles a frame each... perhaps one computer wasn't properly licensed and the frame slipped through when compiling the image sequence

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting that they actually pre-rendered the cutscene though - and not even using UE4's built-in tools but just the default Maya renderer.

Last edited:

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So many of the cutscenes are prerendered - I mean, it all looks amazing, but there is a wealth of CG cutscenes this time around.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Watching the KH3 version next to the original... Any chance Disney actually gave them the source to work with? That sound more likely than them putting in the effort to recreate everything as close as they did!