• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
"If I don't think it's offensive then it isn't offensive, you're just too sensitive. I'm the final judge of what's offensive or not and the yardstick of what is the appropriate amount of sensitivity. Everyone's who is more offended than I am is too sensitive, everyone who's less offended than I am is not sensitive enough."

I'm sure you shed a tear for the Italian's while playing Mario. It's funny because he's an Italian plumber!! It's a meeeeeee! Where's a Luigi?!! Let's a have a pizza pie!

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure you shed a tear for the Italian's while playing Mario. It's funny because he's an Italian plumber!! It's a meeeeeee! Where's a Luigi?!! Let's a have a pizza pie!
I don't, because I don't play Mario games, but if an Italian American feels offended I'm not going to tell them they're wrong for it or too sensitive.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Your people makes food oily, unhealthy, and with too much salt. Lemmie improve on it, since you savages don't know how to cook, lol

Like I said before, its not new, but all the 'extra' is the problem. Open ya restaurant and just market is as a healthier take on chinese takeout, dassit. No shitting on the 'traditional' (really American) way of cooking it.

And that 'oily' is a bizarre comment to make and makes me fear for how the actual food tastes
This. Bet that shit is bland as fuck anyway.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

*Sigh*

Even Nintendo has tried to move away from these stereotypes, so i dont think this is a genuine argument you are making. If you think it makes it fine to make fun of a groups stereotypes because we did it in the past with other groups, stay blessed sir.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
White priv and approp for sure.

Will say that Chinese people frequently open up 'sushi' restaurants. They then serve Americanized sushi and Americans are nonetheless the fuck wiser.

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I support this person's initiative. If the food is garbage, her restaurant will likely go out of business. If it's good, the place might do well.

All that said, real Chinese food--like, within China--already has plenty of very healthy options. Going more authentic might actually be a better route.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only fuck with duck at Work Hop. Tasty HandPulled Noodle and E.Noodle are the shit.

Scallion Pancakes make me cryjoy.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Really not seeing what's wrong with "Wok in, take out." I chuckled.

Now, the "I'm making a clean Chinese restaurant" part is, of course, troublesome.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The worst-tasting dishes, though, were two of the most foundational elements of any Chinese meal: the rice and the Veggie Dumplings. The rice was remarkably bad, simultaneously undercooked and over-congealed into a gruel that I imagine even Oliver Twist would reject, while dumplings had an unmemorable filling and a wrapper that was mealy and gritty, much like sandpaper, and was essentially inedible.

sounds about white

How do you fuck up rice tho

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, what a doofus.

Not to sound ignorant, but what's offensive about "Lucky Lee's?" I'll take y'alls word for it, but it didn't stick out to me compared to the other stuff.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Jesus, what a doofus.

Not to sound ignorant, but what's offensive about "Lucky Lee's?" I'll take y'alls word for it, but it didn't stick out to me compared to the other stuff.
It's a bait and switch. You hear that name, you think Chinese dude named Lee, not nutrionist and social media personality Arielle Haspel.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
How hard is it to just stay in your lane?

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
*Sigh*

Even Nintendo has tried to move away from these stereotypes, so i don't think this is a genuine argument you are making. If you think it makes it fine to make fun of a groups stereotypes because we did it in the past with other groups, stay blessed sir.

Oh it is genuine. I don't see any outrage on the internet about it though. Do we just cherry pick which things to be outraged by now? Is there a ranking system? How does this work? And just to be clear, I'm not saying it's wrong to be offended by things. I'm offended by things all the time. I just don't expect the world to swoop in and make it all better all the time. This shit pisses me off actually, because there are a lot of things that we should be united about and stand up for. Huge injustices, but instead we hyper focus on petty bullshit, which distracts from real problems.

Cops beating the shit out of people or killing them and getting away with it. Flint Michigan has poisoned water still. The list goes on and on. But no no.. let's instead focus on Arielle Haspel and ruin her life because she said WOK IN OR TAKE OUT and named HER restaurant after her husband. please..

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
Oh it is genuine. I don't see any outrage on the internet about it though. Do we just cherry pick which things to be outraged by now? Is there a ranking system? How does this work? And just to be clear, I'm not saying it's wrong to be offended by things. I'm offended by things all the time. I just don't expect the world to swoop in and make it all better all the time. This shit pisses me off actually, because there are a lot of things that we should be united about and stand up for. Huge injustices, but instead we hyper focus on petty bullshit, which distracts from real problems.

Cops beating the shit out of people or killing them and getting away with it. Flint Michigan has poisoned water still. The list goes on and on. But no no.. let's instead focus on Arielle Haspel and ruin her life because she said WOK IN OR TAKE OUT and named HER restaurant after her husband. please..

You're overcompensating.

Conmex

Banned
May 19, 2018
I have msg sensitivity... Every time i eat at a cheap chinese place i get headaches, dry mouth and minor stomach cramps.

Its so good though.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Cue ALL the ignorant fuckers to come ask, "Why's it so bad? You trying to say white people aren't allowed to cook Chinese food!"

This is Zimmern 2.0. They ain't gonna learn.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Are you ok? You seem a bit outraged

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
TBH making American Chinese food that is much healthier but tastes almost the same is a personal culinary goal of mine. I've been working on it in my kitchen. I don't really care if it's authentic (American Chinese isn't authentically Chinese anyway) I just want healthier tasty food.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
yes yes. that's it. i have no meaningful food culture. Our food is just called "white people food". It comes in grain form. lol

I never brought up "white people." I'm saying *you* have no food culture. Otherwise you'd empathize more with those people who find her condescension to be offensive.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn there are many comments saying that Chinese food is dirty on that article... -_-

"I think I'm saving the souls of all the people from having to dine at these horseshit restaurants masquerading as Chinese food that are in the Midwest"

I mean, the guy is a world traveler, wouldn't he know what good Chinese food is?

Edit: oh, I didn't realize that quote was in the context of him starting his own Chinese restaurant chain. Yeah, he fucked up.

He does seem to realize it though

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)

plus

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it that every white take on ~*_-Asian-_*~ food has the word lucky in it? First Gordon Ramsay comes up with "Lucky Cat", Andrew Zimmern has "Lucky Cricket" now this place is called Lucky Lee's? Shit, I'd be lucky to find AUTHENTIC ~*_-Asian-_*~ cuisine from a restaurant that wasn't so fucking lucky

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

You are the only one who is distracted right now. You are the only one hyper-focused on this story.

No one "ranked" this story against other issues aside from you. YOU decided it was not important enough to be offended by despite having some pretty strong feelings of your own that fly in the face of actual Chinese Americans.

The other issues you mentioned have threads on here all the time. I made one today on cops punching and dragging a girl down a flight of stairs. It has twice the pages and replies as this one.

Your contribution to this thread is meaningless aside from showing how much you're not willing to listen.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
That was hurtful stupei. I tried so bad to have the most hottest take!

Ooooooooh. Okay. Sorry. It's because of my lack of empathy? right.

Your annoyance that somehow this article saps the energy of causes that try and rectify gross injustices against people of color expose you for a disingenuous phony. Minorities/POC can manage fighting on more than one front; we're used to it. Don't worry about us. :)