• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Even in that case, every other option is bound to end up worse for you. Police will knock on your door eventually, and then you are even more screwed. In this case, she could have claimed that she couldn't stay there after hitting him because the guy was aggressive and dangerous to her. So she drove right to the police. Since they would find a gun on him, they'd probably believe her no matter if that was really true.
If he was alone, maybe.

He had a witness with him. And since he's on a motorcycle, the witness is likely a neutral third party. If they believed her, it would've been for five seconds.

JCmasta

Banned
Aug 31, 2020
If someone tried to murder me with my car I'm not going to say " awh shucks" and then "move on with my day". If she didn't want hin following her home then she shouldn't have driven home, or better yet, shouldn't have fled the scene in the first place.

Or you could've just said, "holy fuck, that bitch was batshit" called the cops, gave them her info, let them deal with her, and go home grateful to be alive.

But no, let's follow the crazy, belligerent driver to her house. Surely that'd go over well.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i like how some posters are trying create a narrative that the dude was a bloodthirsty pyschopath even tho he called the cops .

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Road rage incidents just scare the shit out of me. I work in a very conservative area with easily the worst drivers I've ever experience. Run red lights, ignore stop signs, on phone while driving.... any and everything. Just using your horn to let them know you were next at the intersection if enough for them to want to get out of the car and fight you (I know this from experience). I just let it go because one of these morons is very likely to have a gun.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are deeply committed to her being entirely innocent thing
This site has some examples of people having a very very very strong bias to defending white women. (Unless they look like fox News anchors)
Reminds me of the time when a dude hit a woman because she called him the n word with a hard er, and people called that guy in the wrong.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Road rage to follow someone to their house is pretty fucked up. But intentionally hitting someone too wtf. Just call the cops though don't follow someone home that's creepy and aggressive.
It's more like her road rage.

He was the one who got hit, had a witness follow with him to find the perpetrator, even called the cops on the way there to give the whole story of what happened and where they were.

If she came out brandishing a gun, someone who had just had no issue running the same person over with her car, then there was definitely a reasonable expectation of an imminent threat in this case.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Not really when a witness was present who saw the whole thing.

She fled the scene after almost killing a man. That is enough justification.ye
There is absolutely nothing in this story that gives details to draw conclusions about her intent or to say anyone almost died. How fast was she going? was it a side swipe? was it head on? rammed from behind?

It appears his motorcycle was at the scene, so whatever the the incident was, the bike was still drivable.

I'm not saying she didn't try to kill him, just that you can't draw those conclusions from the details given.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Sad that life was lost.

The article words it weird but I assume the motorcyclist was on the motorcycle when it was hit?

I don't see how the biker guy didn't become the aggressor by following her to her home? She may have been the initial aggressor but having someone follow you like that can be scary as well. The whole gun shit is ridiculous.

One could argue he did until he stopped outside her house. From there, the article says the altercation took place in the roadway. She doesn't have a castle doctrine defense in the roadway and I doubt stand your ground would cover her here.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Don't ever drive home if someone follows you after a road rage incident. Drive to the nearest police station.
she wasn't going to drive to the police, she just tried to kill a guy.

if she was so fight or flight upset at being followed home, she should have called the cops, not grabbed a shotgun.
one big problem is that every defense this person took was in the form of an attack. it's extremely fucked up, basically everything that happened.

but i'm not going to put blame on the rider for following her and trying to wait for the police after a hit and run that she fled from.

the shooting is wrong, but in context we can understand what happened. everything fell through the floor when she produced that gun.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Where is the story getting "intentionally" from? What was the relation between these two people?
It's unclear how they know it was intentional, but being real, even if it was accidental, she's still on the hook for a hit-and-run. Following her whilst calling the cop is not out of line at all here. Moreover, no one would would expect the hit-and-runner to go to their house and come out with a gun!

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
All I can say is that I find it fucking terrifying that so many people are packing in the US. Holy shit.

...so one life then?
6d587e0a-865d-42db-8747-4a7cd2c2aac5_text.gif

d3f92e72-0782-4f39-94f2-23197a777f65_text.gif

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
The scenario was heading to a police station instead of to your house when someone is following you. Your rewind still says to head there after.
Nah because if you assume someone has a gun you act like a rational person and when you get in an accident you pull over and apologize and ask if they are ok/need medical assistance.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I mean there was a witness completely independent of the motorcyclist who corroborated everything that happened. If the motorcyclist instigated further we'd have that detail.

Also not replying to post I quoted but don't think someone almost killing you is just something you walk away and continue your day from. People are acting like she rearended him and drove off without giving insurance.

Not targeting you or anything, but I was always taught to de-escalate things. I might have reacted like the motorcyclist too but I know I'm in the wrong if I chased her if I know was able to get a license plate and just call hit and run and then go to a hospital.

But if cops really told him to tail her that cop is really stupid. That's their job. If I heard that from them I would just say I'm unable to drive and call an ambulance and let the the cops do their job. Yes it sucks I almost died and cops might not find her but at least I didn't die.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
This site has some examples of people having a very very very strong bias to defending white women. (Unless they look like fox News anchors)
Reminds me of the time when a dude hit a woman because she called him the n word with a hard er, and people called that guy in the wrong.

There's a reason I omitted the Pregnant Librarian from the title

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Or you could've just said, "holy fuck, that bitch was batshit" called the cops, gave them her info, let them deal with her, and go home grateful to be alive.

But no, let's follow the crazy, belligerent driver to her house. Surely that'd go over well.
Yeah, because that happens.

As a victim of a hit and run, I damn near chased down the dude to beat his ass (he was on foot) instead of calling the cops. The only reason why I didn't was because some kids came out of one of the other cars hit and immediately took my attention away. Had I not seen kids, I would've chased down the dude to beat his ass.

A multi-ton weapon came flying at you; no one is going to think like that.

And again, following someone to accurately direct the police to them is not out of the ordinary. Witnesses to hit and runs do this shit all the damn time.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
The best approach would have been to A) take down the license plate and give it to the police or B) if you have already called the police after following her, leave and let the police take over from there. There is no need to stay there...
If you watch the body cam footage on the first page, he's parked and pretty far from the house itself when the cops arrive moments after he killed her.

Oct 25, 2017
Not targeting you or anything, but I was always taught to de-escalate things. I might have reacted like the motorcyclist too but I know I'm in the wrong if I chased her if I know was able to get a license plate and just call hit and run and then go to a hospital.

But if cops really told him to tail her that cop is really stupid. That's their job. If I heard that from them I would just say I'm unable to drive and call an ambulance and let them do their job.

Y'all keep saying "chased" when the story said he followed her to the house while in contact with police and SHE came out with the gun at him.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Some of you are weird , if someone tried to run me down I would chase them down and want answers and call the police , all these "dude should have gotten license plate and went on with his day" posts are insane to me.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like she fucked around and found out. I'd absolutely follow someone who hit me and ran. She pulled out a gun and the dude defended himself. Avoidable, but if someone pulls a gun on you, you don't wait to see what they are going to do.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
[Investigators said Morales was behind the wheel of a blue Kia when she intentionally hit the motorcycle in the 1400 block of N. Volusia Ave. and then fled the scene]

I've read that part, but it means nothing. What are we supposed to get from this, she just snapped and decided to kill some random driver on the road? Was she insane? What's the evidence for "she intentionally did it"?

It's unclear how they know it was intentional, but being real, even if it was accidental, she's still on the hook for a hit-and-run. Following her whilst calling the cop is not out of line at all here. Moreover, no one would would expect the hit-and-runner to go to their house and come out with a gun!

Well, she is as on the hook as a dead person can be I guess. I'm not blaming the guy who followed her, but the details on this story seem way too superficial for all the moral judgement being done in this thread

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand they're different states, but does the Rittenhouse precedent dictate that the biker is 100% vindicated and gets an invite to visit with Trump and will be a guest on Tucker Carlson's show?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm not going to derail any further, but a pregnant woman is not two people, unless you live in Texas or are a hardcore catholic I guess. I believe in women's rights.

At 5 months the fetus needs to be buried (iirc), so not the same as 3 months or so

Plus it wasn't a abortion, so I don't know how this is relevant

Last edited:

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to derail any further, but a pregnant woman is not two people, unless you live in Texas or are a hardcore catholic I guess. I believe in women's rights.

What if I told you that it's possibly to believe in women's rights and also recognize that she had a baby growing inside of her that is now also dead?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
There is absolutely nothing in this story that gives details to draw conclusions about her intent or to say anyone almost died. How fast was she going? was it a side swipe? was it head on? rammed from behind?

It appears his motorcycle was at the scene, so whatever the the incident was, the bike was still drivable.

I'm not saying she didn't try to kill him, just that you can't draw those conclusions from the details given.
Does it fucking matter? It's three thousand pounds minimum of steel against a person who probably maxes out at 250 pounds. She could've been going 5 miles and hour and could've hit him with enough force to topple him over on to his head to kill him.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK

What info? The plate? It could've been a stolen car for all he knew. He followed her so the police would know where to go. If she feared for her life, as others are trying to paint this as, why wouldn't she have stayed in her house and locked the door instead of grabbing a gun and marching out to start the confrontation again. The dude was parked on the street, not hammering on her door, not trying to break in. People are REALLY stretching to give the victim of the hit and run the majority of the blame here.
I'd have kept more of a distance from her house but I'd ABSOLUTELY have followed to see where she went. She was, at minimum, a highly dangerous and unstable driver. I'd want to make sure she got dealt with.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I've read that part, but it means nothing. What are we supposed to get from this, she just snapped and decided to kill some random driver on the road? Was she insane? What's the evidence for "she intentionally did it"?
It means that investigators have concluded she intentionally did it. That means they have sufficient enough evidence to make that fact public, but the evidence itself is not public. This isn't hard to understand.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they were following her, couldn't they have just gotten her license plate information and given it to the police when they called that the motorcyclist was involved in a hit and run? There doesn't seem to be a reason to follow someone to their home.
i would have followed the car too and make sure the police knew exactly where that person was. what if the car was stolen and the people just ditched it? getting the license plate didn't mean shit.

microgreen

Jun 24, 2020
Anyone who carries a gun with them is ready to use that gun and kill someone, correct? If the lady intentionally hit the guy then she was obviously in the wrong and should have been charged for that. The fact that she went into her house and grabbed her gun while the guy she hit was hanging outside her house with his own gun is just truly peak gun culture in America. No one is faultless here and no one should be owning guns.

Clearly it just makes people keep escalating the situation until someone shoots first and kills the other. No one should own guns especially given how it fosters this kind of culture.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
If someone nearly hits me, which I've been hit and almost hit multiple times, I'm going to do my best to get some identifying information on them. I'm not going to just sit there and go AW SCHUCKS and drop it.

You're more privileged than I am then. I ain't risking my life tailing the aggressor. I'm just glad I'm alive.

But I def will report what I can at the spot for evidence and insurance purposes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.