• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
That's an awful, completely avoidable situation.

Good thing these two idiots had guns or it could've gone worse!

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, he created another situation for this to happen at. He isn't an authority. The initial incident happened somewhere else. Some of you are acting as if that gives someone Carte Blanche to shoot someone. Also, the article doesn't really say how they know the initial incident was intentional. She could have been texting and driving, swerved out of the way of something else, or maybe it was intentional but this story is pretty one sided and we will likely never really know.

She might have been a nun carrying the next Jesus too!

JCmasta

Banned
Aug 31, 2020
User warned: Inflammatory accusations
A story of two psychopaths. Woman intentionally hits cyclist and flees home. Cyclist, instead of merely collecting her plate number and moving on with his day, decides to escalate the situation by following her home, killing her when she feels threatened and pulls out a gun.

Throw him in prison.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
While I think following her and confronting her at her home was a lapse in judgement and created more of a mess. I don't think the act of following her while in active communication with authorities so that they actually do something was a completely bad move. Police don't do shit for hit-and-runs even with a license plate.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Why would she drive to the police station after committing a hit-and-run?
Even in that case, every other option is bound to end up worse for you. Police will knock on your door eventually, and then you are even more screwed. In this case, she could have claimed that she couldn't stay there after hitting him because the guy was aggressive and dangerous to her. So she drove right to the police. Since they would find a gun on him, they'd probably believe her no matter if that was really true.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Who cares, she tried to kill him. She fucked around and found out.
Tried to kill him...twice. (Or, at minimum, provided the threat of fatal bodily harm by going inside, getting a gun, and then confronting the guy with it.)

The story isn't 100% clear, but it reads as if the witness was there at the house. If that's the case, I'm going to make the reasonable assumption that the motorcyclist wasn't aggressively escalate. He may have very well just been sitting on his bike waiting for the police when she came out and confronted him with a gun.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Would she have been convicted if she killed him in this circumstance instead or would stand your ground have reared it's head? I kind of troubled by the thought that this could have gone either way and been justified in the eyes of the legal system.
It feels like when both parties are armed it's just about who shoots who first and then it's self defense.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
what were they planning on doing to her when they caught up to her? IMO you become an aggressor when you follow someone home. All you need is a license plate number to report a bit and run. That guy felt comfortable following her home because he was fucking strapped. Gun culture is ridiculous.
That's not how this works.

My mom as followed a car and my best friend has followed a car following a hit and run while on the phone with cops. Neither of them own guns. I don't own a gun, I'd do the same as a witness with a victim.

Following someone fleeing the scene of a crime is damn near bog standard when things happen and someone can be followed safely. The fact that he was on the call with 911 shows this to be the case. If it weren't, he wouldn't have traveled with a witness and wouldn't have been on the phone.

Guns no doubt made this shit worse, but I highly doubt he followed her because he had a gun, he followed her because he had the police on the line and someone to back up his sideof the story.

microgreen

Jun 24, 2020
what were they planning on doing to her when they caught up to her? IMO you become an aggressor when you follow someone home. All you need is a license plate number to report a bit and run. That guy felt comfortable following her home because he was fucking strapped. Gun culture is ridiculous.

Yup. I doubt this guy would have felt as comfortable following her if he wasn't prepared to use his gun too. Or if he did follow her and he didn't have a gun, she would have ended up shooting him. Either way, guns are fucking horrible and emboldens people to act stupid and reckless as shit.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
A story of two psychopaths. Woman intentionally hits cyclist and flees home. Cyclist, instead of merely collecting her plate number and moving on with his day, decides to escalate the situation by following her home, killing her when she feels threatened and pulls out a gun.

Throw him in prison.
Are there specifics on how this all went down because I feel like this situation is really hard to gauge without the proper context.

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
The wild west had more stringent gun laws than we have.
For both good and bad reasons. Iv never really liked that saying. The wild west had unregulated alcohol abuse, drug abuse, gambling ect. which was encouraged. Those things dont typically go well with firearms. In top of that most of those laws were to protect the law officials rather than the populous who more often than not were just as bad as the criminals and gangs they tried to disarm. They didnt want to get a bullet in the back while they power tripped.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
While I think following her and confronting her at her home was a lapse in judgement and created more of a mess. I don't think the act of following her while in active communication with authorities so that they actually do something was a completely bad move. Police don't do shit for hit-and-runs even with a license plate.

he also didn't run up to her house flailing his gun around like people here are suggesting. based on the story he waited on the roadside by her house, she went in while he was waiting for the cops to show up, then she comes out with a shotgun trying to kill him.

guns are the obvious problem here but let's not make up random facts.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
You don't roll up on someone with a gun in a situation like that with good intentions. There was no reason for him to not wait for cops. Now there's a dead child and a motherless 11 year old. Guns are the reason why.

He did wait for the cops

It's not like he broke into her house

The expectation for purely rational reaction to someone trying to mow you down is wild here

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Throw him in prison.

She committed the final escalation. She could have stayed in her damn house. She was in no danger at that point. And yet instead she goes out, points her gun at him and gets shot.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I think this incident does show how stupid stand your ground or whatever the fuck it is called is. And lax guns laws. Anyone would realistically fear from their life no matter where they are if someone pulled a gun on you.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Throw him in prison.

Jesus Christ

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
RE: To the people saying "he shouldn't have followed her home." There was no way the guy she hit nor the witness who followed knew where she was going. All they knew was a lady who intentionally struck bike guy in road rage was fleeing the scene.

Oct 25, 2017
She might have been a nun carrying the next Jesus too!

those are all plausible causes of hitting another vehicle. I see it all the time. how do we know her intent? Was there some sort of back and forth? Is there video? That article is very one sided and doesn't provide much info over a very bizarre situation involving multiple people with guns.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about this is absurd. Has USA just flat out reverted to fastest gunslinger mentality? Who kills first is in the right?

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
look like era's overdosed on stupid pills today. Blaming somebody who got ran over, legally followed somebody while on the line with the police, then defended themselves from the person who just ran them over again, this time fatally.

Really wish the woman would have just tried not to kill this guy twice. And yes, no guns would have made this situation a lot better, but no guns in the US is fiction here.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like some gun law and self defense laws would be put to the test here, although since she was in the process of committing a crime(hit and run), and he was on the phone to the police, I'm guessing they won't bring any charges.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
RE: To the people saying "he shouldn't have followed her home." There was no way the guy she hit nor the witness who followed knew where she was going. All they knew was a lady who intentionally struck bike guy in road rage was fleeing the scene.
Also: "Just get the plate number" doesn't work if the car is stolen - which there is no way of knowing before police are involved. Happened to my buddy who got hit and run by a stolen truck, witnesses got the plate numbers but they never found the driver.

Where is the story getting "intentionally" from? What was the relation between these two people?

The fucking article said:
Investigators said Morales was behind the wheel of a blue Kia when she intentionally hit the motorcycle in the 1400 block of N. Volusia Ave. and then fled the scene

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, he created another situation for this to happen at. He isn't an authority. The initial incident happened somewhere else. Some of you are acting as if that gives someone Carte Blanche to shoot someone. Also, the article doesn't really say how they know the initial incident was intentional. She could have been texting and driving, swerved out of the way of something else, or maybe it was intentional but this story is pretty one sided and we will likely never really know.

The article indicates a WITNESS was with the motorcyclist who was hit. That would imply how they know the incident was intentional

Texting and driving and swerving is still fucking hitting someone, and doesn't excuse it.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017

Throw him in prison.

If someone tried to murder me with my car I'm not going to say " awh shucks" and then "move on with my day". If she didn't want hin following her home then she shouldn't have driven home, or better yet, shouldn't have fled the scene in the first place.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man some people here are crazy, it's unfortunate but I don't feel bad for the woman who tried to kill someone. It's like when anti vaxxers die of covid... if you didn't do dumb shit you wouldn't die. Hard to feel bad for someone like that, especially someone who INTENTIALLY tried to kill someone.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Is there video footage of the incident? Because if not, I guess the winner of the latest American gun duel gets to dictate reality.
I mean there was a witness completely independent of the motorcyclist who corroborated everything that happened. If the motorcyclist instigated further we'd have that detail.

Also not replying to post I quoted but don't think someone almost killing you is just something you walk away and continue your day from. People are acting like she rearended him and drove off without giving insurance.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
If they were following her, couldn't they have just gotten her license plate information and given it to the police when they called that the motorcyclist was involved in a hit and run? There doesn't seem to be a reason to follow someone to their home.
If they were following at a safe distance, doubtful. To get a plate, you'd have to either get it immediately after the hit, or you'd have to be following and tailgating like you're doing a police chase. It's not hard to follow someone at a close enough distance to not lose them and still be far enough away to not be able to safely get a plate number.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
We can go back even further, and say "Don't do a hit"

son-just-dont.gif

winjet81

Oct 27, 2017
Did the witness have a gun?

Did the baby have a gun?

There's some important information missing in this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.