• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Goes to show that Kojima is the GOAT when it comes to attention to detail in games. This is the kind of stuff that most players won't even recognise in their first playthrough, amazing stuff. Just a few highlights from the video.

0x649CU.jpg

xlOXAhb.jpg

8zgSK06.png

BUiREtp.png

yg2F33v.jpg

nsL9fky.png

vFSSZRs.png

v7S0faD.png

fMUr1s5.jpg

fQiqXvP.png

pakieU6.jpg

E65iRlh.jpg

ZPxaDJK.jpg

WIuI4kk.png

3IJUlYz.png

LI9LgFT.png

4P9OXlw.png

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I never know how to feel about such great attention to detail, it's very very cool but so easily missable or trivial in how it affects core gameplay most of the time, it can feel a little pointless. It makes me appreciate a game more if the game and its main design are great without it which fortunately MGS3 is. As for MGS4 and the others post-MGS3, stuff like this didn't make me appreciate the game much more.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
You could have worked on this random ass thread title a bit more since this compilation of all the small things is pretty cool.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
news to me OP, thanks for the unwitting repost. always knew the game was cool in these kinds of ways but not anywhere near to this extent

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
You can also interrogate some guards and ask for the codec frequency for mortars and then call in mortars on enemies.

Last edited:

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
D E T A I L S.

Hot damn Kojima needs to team up with R* one day and create the most immersive game ever.

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, that's amazing. MGS3 was the first game I've ever Platinumed and I'm pretty sure I didn't get any of these features and easter eggs!

Edit: Nope, I did get all the frogs! Hehehe.

Last edited:
I often wonder how the fuck did people find this stuff. I tried playing MGS 1 and I literally couldn't even get past the Tank fight without looking up what to do. Like how tf did people know to take the memory car out and switch controller ports back in the day?! I think I would've put my foot through the PS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.