• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Just announced on GiantBeastcast. She will leave in six weeks.

I personally loved Abby and the energy she brought to the Giantbomb. She will be missed!

Last edited:

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Aw, that's a shame. She brought a fantastic energy to the site as a whole, especially the Beastcast. Is this due to the aquisition, or was that not clarified?

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
dang man Giant Bomb east only has Alex and Vinny left. Maybe Jeff B. will take over?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hit and miss on Abby but she brought a really good charm to the videos and the podcast. I am curious on what she will do next.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I really liked her presence in everything she was in. Six Crazy Frights and the Nancy Drew series were so good!

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
damn this is a huge bummer. I'm so glad she finally got St. Vincent on that fortnite stream, that was really great. was she a casualty of that acquisition or was it by choice?

regardless, I'll be following whatever she decides to do next!

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
She always struck me as someone who is going to be really successful/ambitious in whatever she chooses to do. Wish her all the best and excited to see whatever that ends up being.

Hope GB fills the void with someone who brings a different perspective/age/background to their content again.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man, that sucks. She was such a great addition to the site. Brough so much to the content she was a part of. I hope she's moving on to something great!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Noooooo, she's awesome on the Beastcast :( Gonna miss her.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Did they say if it was related to the sale of the CNET/Gamespot side to Red Ventures? I enjoyed Abby on podcasts and her content. They need more diversity over there in terms of the people themselves and game interests.

Edit: If she's quitting, that's a shame. Although there was part of that community that wasn't very nice to her, putting it mildly.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
That's a real shame. Wouldn't be surprised if Polygon snatch her up as she's friends with BDG etc.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Unfortunate, she was the only one in the crew to cover the Sims stuff.

I wish her the best of luck in getting started somewhere else ASAP.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
damn this is a huge bummer. I'm so glad she finally got St. Vincent on that fortnite stream, that was really great. was she a casualty of that acquisition or was it by choice?

regardless, I'll be following whatever she decides to do next!
She said it was her decision not to continue on under the new company

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Always was a fan of her humor and her like of edutainment games. She'll be missed, and I hope she goes on to even bigger things.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I've been saying this to my wife for months. When you look at GB and the work that people put out per capita, she's just way ahead. She was going to outgrow GB. It was just a matter of when.

Huge loss for GB though. Perhaps their best ever hire. That's a lot of creativity and energy gone.

I hope she stays in gaming. I'd follow her.

I wonder how or if this is tied into GB being acquired and why. If she doesn't have a specific plan, that surprises me unless the plan is simply, "Strike out on my own and see what happens."

BeYourOwn3AM

Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Fuck this. Abby is probably my favorite addition GB has ever made after the original crew. She's brought so much life to GB east and has been the star of some of their best content over the last few years.

If this is layoff bullshit, I'm fucking pissed.

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Damn, I really loved the energy Abby brought, she was so great for the east. That said, I think Vinny and Alex w/ Jeff B is a ton of great energy on its own. I hope they still find a younger person to fill Abby's shoes.

Wish her the best in wherever she winds up next!

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Just like with Drew, as soon as one of them gets mainstream attention, they're gone.

Seriously though, this hurts. She was such a breath of fresh air at GB and played off the old timers (especially Vinny) very well. I hope that wherever she goes she streams on the side or something.