• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/joyful-reunion-birth-parents-leads-incest-murder-54645125

What started out as a joyful reunion of a young woman with her birth parents soon turned sour, then shocking, and finally deadly.

A young woman named Katie married her birth father, had a baby with him and, after she decided to leave him, lost her life to him along with that of their child and her adoptive father. All three were laid to rest this weekend in upstate New York.

"We're all still in shock," said Shirley Mann, a neighbor of Katie's adoptive parents in Dover. "It's crazy. I don't know what else to say. It's horrible."

Alyssa Pladl finally moved out in November 2016, and she shared custody of the two children with Steven Pladl.

In May 2017, she learned from her 11-year-old daughter's journal of the incestuous relationship and Katie's pregnancy. Her daughter wrote that she and her sister were told by Steven Pladl to refer to Katie as their stepmother.

"I started to become hysterical, and I called him," she said. "I said, 'Is Katie pregnant with your baby?' He just said, 'I thought you knew. We're in love.'

"I started screaming," she said. "I was just cursing him out: 'How could you? You're sick. She's a child.'"

Then she called the police.

Holy shit when this popped up on my feed. Much more in the link. Can't even begin to imagine how in the hell this happened and how almost no one acted, including her adoptive parents...

Katie's adoptive parents posed for a photo on the wedding day along with Steven, Katie and Steven's mother. Katie wears a short black dress.

Tony and Kelly Fusco thought there was nothing they could do and had decided it was best to support Katie, Gould said.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
So not only did the father abuse her as a newborn, which ultimately led to her adoption, he starts an incestuous relationship with her when they reunite, gets her pregnant, then kills her and the baby AND the adoptive father?!

Okay, yeah. I need to go take a walk now.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"It's crazy. I don't know what else to say. It's horrible."

I feel like Shirley said it best.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Why can't we get threads about newborn kittens being adopted by a loving dog or something

Instead of this horrifying shit every goddamn day

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This story is, whew. What a sick fucker. So much wrong here.

I also can't believe her adoptive parents supported her enough to go to the wedding, knowing she was marrying her Father and had a baby with him.

Just a lot to take in here. Jesus.

less

Oct 25, 2017
What a crazy story. Incest like this is likely to be messy as hell but this goes even further than that. RIP to the deceased.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this reported on when the daughter and father first started their relationship? Did nobody try to intervene in the interim between when it became national news and then...national news again?

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ. I thought this was bad when I mis-read the title and thought the birth-father took his own life.

Jesus Christ.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Why do you have to post this stuff here? I don't want to read this before I go to sleep.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
This wording really bothers me. They didnt have a Relationship. This is an abusive rather raping bis newborn girl and then continuing to rape her 10 years later. Fuck, man.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
This wording really bothers me. They didnt have a Relationship. This is an abusive rather raping bis newborn girl and then continuing to rape her 10 years later. Fuck, man.
No. She had passed the age of majority by that point. She was able to consent to an incestuous relationship with her birth father, no matter what objections the people around her might have with it.

Also, the birth father was physically abusing her as a baby, not sexually abusing her. These are two entirely different acts, although both are horrible.

Gordon Shumway

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melmac
Holy shit..I just finished reading about this a while ago. Fuuuck that guy..the fuck were the adoptive parents thinking?

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus christ. this is sickening and terrible. not sure what else there is to be said.

i really dislike threads like these that don't have any discussion value and only exist for the shock value.

Way to ruin everyone's night OP.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Locking Thread.

We routinely lock threads that have more shock value than potential for discussion, and this appears to be one of those cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.