• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
With all the Star Wars craze going on I figured this would be a fun challenge for Era.

How many characters can you name from the movie without looking them up, not counting returning ones of course (Vader, Tarkin ect.). Cause I can't do a single one.

No cheating!

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jyn Erso

Cassian Andor

KS-20

Saw Gerrera

Director Krennick

Galen Erso

Mon Mothma

Admiral Raddus

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Cassian, Jyn, K-2S0, Krennek.

I.E. the only characters the movie needed. For a movie with a disposable cast, it was WAY too large. Just focus on those four and flesh them out a bit rather than throw in a ton more characters that we never get to know.

And cut that silly scene with Vader on Planet Mordor. Would have been great if his only scene was that last one.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
Cassain, Jyn, K2SO, Bodi, the gatling gun guy, the blind guy...

Doesn't matter, they all die.

The movie itself was great, but the characters being forgettable isn't a bad thing. It's actually kind of the point...

These people sacrificed their lives to get those plans and get them to the rebellion.

Seeing the movie on the big screen had a lot of impact. Especially the ending where the planet is blown sky high. It's the first real sense of the terror the people on the surface would have had as this is happening.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Jyn
Cassian
Bodhi
Saw
Chirrut
Galen

I didn't think it was that hard to remember them. The only one was Chirrut's partner who didn't really have anything to his character other than being Chirrut's guardian and blowing things to pieces.

Oct 26, 2017
Angsty orphan
I do bad things for the rebellion guy
Not HK-47
Force Daredevil
Might be a clone trooper
I am the pilot.

Guest starring
Gold Leader
Red Leader
Blue Leader

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jyn erso
K2so
Cassian
Saw Gerrea
Krennic
Galen erso
Bodi
Baze
Churitt
Bo gullet

I'm probably missing someone but that's all I can remember

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jyn Erso
Galen Erso
Lyra Erso
Saw Gerrera
Bodhi Rook
Cassian Andor
K2SO
Chirrut Imwe
Baze Malbus
General Drayven
Tynnra Pamlo
Vasp Vaspar
Nower Jebel
Orson Krennic
Vanee
Melshi
Raddus
Edrio Two Tubes
Benthic Two Tubes
Beezer Fortuna
Bor Gullet

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
That blind Asian guy, a couple of chewbaccas, LeChiffre and his daughter that plays the lead character.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Jyn
Cassian
Baze
Chirrut
Galen
Saw
Krennic
Bor Gullet

I'm blanking on Riz Ahmed's character.

edit: Bodhi! And I forgot K2, somehow. Here's a mild take: Rogue One has good characters, they simply weren't given enough time to interact and develop. (Rogue One isn't really a character-driven film anyway)

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just remember them all as a bunch of Bothans.

Even though I don't remember their names, I thought it was a decent movie. I'm just bad at names.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Why is this the only movie in the whole world that people judge by how many characters they can name?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
K20?
Jyn
Krennic
Baze
Chirrut

I only knew the later two due to reading them recently, I still enjoy the movie for what it was though.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Mediocre film with a ton of fan service.

Gaylen Erso
Jynn Erso
Saw Guerrera
K3PO? K3 ? I forgot
Director Krennick

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't name more than one character in Children of Men and it's my favorite movie of the last 20 years. What's your point?

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Sometimes movies are not character-centric, and that's okay.

It's generally not, and Rogue One spends an awful lot of time with its characters and building dull characterisation for a few of them for a film being described as 'not character-centric'.

With that in mind, the ability to remember the names of characters is completely unrelated to the quality of the characters themselves. This is a flimsy way to judge a movie.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jyn. Movie was mediocre and only saving grace was the Vader scene at the end.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Jyn Erso
Galen Erso
Lyra Erso
Saw Gerrera
Bodhi Rook
Cassian Andor
K2SO
Chirrut Imwe
Baze Malbus
General Drayven
Tynnra Pamlo
Vasp Vaspar
Nower Jebel
Orson Krennic
Vanee
Melshi
Raddus
Edrio Two Tubes
Benthic Two Tubes
Beezer Fortuna
Bor Gullet
Damn, man. I had to Google Beezer Fortuna just to make sure you weren't making shit up. Did you read the Visual Guide?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Cassian.
Jyn.
Bodi "Cargo Pilot."
K2-S0.
Baze.
Chirrut.
Saw Guerra.
Bor Gullet.
Director Krennic.
Lita back from the dead.
CGI Crushing.
Death Sentence on ten systems duo.
A Wild Jimmy Smits.
Mon Mothma look alike.
70's Stache Guy.
Gold Leader Checking in.
Red 5 Checking In.

Blah, blah.

I remember it all because I spent a good enough time breaking down why the movie is shit. ROUGE ONE is GORGEOUS. But, it is Gorgeous Garbage.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
I can think of a bunch of non-classic films I enjoyed where I can't name any of the characters, though. (not a fan of the name-a-character/name-three-of-their-albums test)

Status
Not open for further replies.