• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
I was wondering if the ownership is similar to PS+'s regular instant collection but you just have to REDEEM them on PS5. If so I might just ask for a friend to redeem the games for me on my account when his console arrives to play on my ps4. Has anyone tested this?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure someone in the other thread said yes.

You need to redeem them on a PS5 but then they are available to play anywhere.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Anyone know will these be available to redeem through the web browser version of PS Store as long as you have PS+, or is it only through a PS5?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know will these be available to redeem through the web browser version of PS Store as long as you have PS+, or is it only through a PS5?

I believe they are only redeemable through the store on the actual console.

I cannot confirm this until next Thursday because lol Europe.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Console only makes sense considering it's an incentive to upgrade. If it was redeemable on mobile/PS4 that would be... a lot of good games to stay on the PS4 for.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
can you only redeem them on a PS5? I was under the impression you could redeem them to your account before you have a ps5 in case they change the games or something

edit: seems that way. Damn

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Can you make redemptions on multiple accounts on a PS5?

This. Can I redeem these on my sons account, after doing so on my own and then we all have licences for the games? Not that there's much age appropriate for them at the moment, they're 11 and 14, but it saves Primary console switching if they both want to play titles from that list in the future.

nb. We'll have 2 PS4s (Pro and Launch) in their bedrooms as of next week when I get the PS5 for the living room.

edit: actually in our case this almost certainly wouldn't work because at the very least I'd expect the other users are required to have PS+, it's the PlayStation Plus collection after all, but my Boys just use the multiplayer that comes with using my accounts Primary PS4. They have no need for their own paid Plus accounts at this stage.

Last edited:

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
can you only redeem them on a PS5? I was under the impression you could redeem them to your account before you have a ps5 in case they change the games or something
Me too. I waited on getting a ps5. Thought I could redeem these with the few months I had left of psplus. Welp.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Belthazar90

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
This. Can I redeem these on my sons account, after doing so on my own and then we all have licences for the games? Not that there's much age appropriate for them at the moment, they're 11 and 14, but it saves Primary console switching if they both want to play titles from that list in the future.

nb. We'll have 2 PS4s (Pro and Launch) in their bedrooms as of next week when I get the PS5 for the living room.

That's actually very important to know, wonder if anyone tested this.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Maybe there will be a trustworthy era member that can sign on and redeem it. Although, you probably need to be a plus member to download and play them in the future anyway

I'd 1000% advise against doing this, even if you have the most honest poster ever on here. If anything happens and Sony are aware you've shared your details, they'll likely not do a single thing to help.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a few friends that won't be gettinf the PS5 this year. If I login into their account on my PS5 tĂ´ rendeem the games could I get in trouble?

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know yet if we can set one home console for PS4 and an independent home console for PS5? I sold my only PS4 last month since I'm getting a PS5, and if we can, I'd love to set my brother in law's PS4 to my home console there so he can play all my PS4 digital games.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand this.
That means I can give my ID to someone with PS5 to redeem the games and then they'll be appear on my PS4's store too?

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I don't understand this.
That means I can give my ID to someone with PS5 to redeem the games and then they'll be appear on my PS4's store too?

So I have a few friends that won't be gettinf the PS5 this year. If I login into their account on my PS5 tĂ´ rendeem the games could I get in trouble?

Possibly. Unless they make it one activation per system... Which I'm not sure they could even do? But warning remains, that if you do this, and anything goes wrong on your account, they'll likely not help you at all

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Do we know yet if we can set one home console for PS4 and an independent home console for PS5? I sold my only PS4 last month since I'm getting a PS5, and if we can, I'd love to set my brother in law's PS4 to my home console there so he can play all my PS4 digital games.

I'm sure I read somewhere this week that the PS5 sits separate to the PS4 in that regard, ie you can have a Primary PS4 and a Primary PS5 and both have full access to your PS4 content.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
where did Sony said January 4th btw? I never read it and haven't found it yet googling it.

okay, after searching more, the January 4th is for Bugsnax PS5 availability. I don't think we know yet how long the 20 games from PS Plus Collection will stay. considering it's designed to entice people to transition to PS5, I imagine it will be longer than 1-2 month since stock issues may not be over yet in 2 month.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
I can't see Sony ending the PS+ Collection so soon, it will probably be available for 6+ months

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I don't need an incentive to get the new system. I only need the new system to be available and that may take months.
idk what to tell you. i dont think they said how long this incentive will last, but it seems like theres quite a few systems popping up at retailers online. just keep an eye on wario64

Oct 25, 2017
I think you're right. There is no end date for the collection.

Yet. But I'm kinda hoping it's something that expands rather than contracts, there must be some benefit to Sony keeping them up for engagement numbers. Though I think we know it won't inflate how many people have plus since they have it for the online + monthly games.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
thing just came out today, and there's been consistent listing going up with them available (walmarts going up in like half an hour i believe). keep an eye on it and you'll probably get one.
Yeah, I'm in Europe (not UK) where the stock was even lower.
I've already made peace with the fact that we'll only get it in 2021.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm in Europe (not UK) where the stock was even lower.
I've already made peace with the fact that we'll only get it in 2021.
ah didn't realize that. well ill cross my fingers for ya. i'm sure there going to keep the games available for some time. i wouldn't be surprised if you can find someone w/ a ps5, login with your account, redeem the games, and have them ready for whenever you get a console

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

7jshK5k.jpg

Redeem on PS5 and play on PS4 still is dope. But this was always touted as an incentive for players on the PS5 w/ +.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Tempted to buy a PS5 and return it just for this. Don't feel like spending lots of cash right now and maybe wait for a PS5 slim.