• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
People are doing some thing tho that I'm upset so ima fight my own team attitude isn't helpful tho

https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/stacey-abrams-not-conceding-georgia-governors-race/

Yeah, I see they're contesting, but we'll see how fruitful that is when the people they're opposing are the same ones running the system.

Breh, what should they be doing? What are you doing?

Haha I love this shit, y'all all say the same damn things.

WELL WHAT ARE YOUUUUUUUU DOING ABOUT IT!!!...

Uhhh... Using my voice?!! Screaming about the corruption nonstop that just took place right before our eyes?

The shit NBC didn't even report on. Media pretending this was a regular everyday race with no issues.

Fucking half ass liberals, wanna come at me because I'm pointing at the goddamn gorilla in the room...

Fuck are y'all gonna do about it besides kick rocks and mutter about voting next time?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
yeah realistically what can be done to deal with this very clear conflict of interest

Definitely some fuckery going on in Georgia but where do we start for corrective action?

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Wtf? That's not even remotely true. Atlanta and Georgia's population is still growing. People leaving the state is what kemp said when he purged the voter roles but those people never left.

I know that's the case, but it boggles my mind how every election for governor of Georgia always has almost 80% turnout in favor of Republicans. I know people lean right in Georgia and more people move into the state, so you would think it would be more of 60% or even 50% Republican/Democrat split.

EDIT: The most recent results show 50.4% for Kemp to 48.6% for Abrams. So what I described above is taking place to a small extent. But there's about 68,000 people that would have made the difference for Abrams.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Yeah, I see they're contesting, but we'll see how fruitful that is when the people they're opposing are the same ones running the system.

Okay so they are doing something, I don't know what you expect them to do in this situation but since you have so many ideas how about you tell us what they should do instead of sideline coaching

Haha I love this shit, y'all all say the same damn things.

WELL WHAT ARE YOUUUUUUUU DOING ABOUT IT!!!...

Uhhh... Using my voice?!! Screaming about the corruption nonstop that just took place right before our eyes?

The shit NBC didn't even report on. Media pretending this was a regular everyday race with no issues.

Fucking half ass liberals, wanna come at me because I'm pointing at the goddamn gorilla in the room...

Fuck are y'all gonna do about it besides kick rocks and mutter about voting next time?
so you say they not doing anything and when I point out what they doing you still shout they ain't doing anything

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this is the shadiest shit to happen in us politics for a while, americans you can't let kemp get away with this

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
~99%

According to CNN she lost by ~68k votes, damn she coulda won
That's roughly the amount of voter registrations Kemp held that made the rounds a few weeks ago. Kemp knew what he was doing and hopefully him and his slimeball racist bullshit will be brought to court. Or maybe it's about time we bring back the guillotine. Shit like this can't go on for much longer or heads will and deserve to roll.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
All caps political demands are just a thing on "both sides" now? I thought OP was Trump for a second.

EDIT:
jo77rj10_619pwi_13cw0hd.png
Maybe it should have been "lyin house dems"

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Okay so they are doing something, I don't know what you expect them to do in this situation but since you have so many ideas how about you tell us what they should do instead of sideline coaching

so you say they not doing anything and when I point out what they doing you still shout they ain't doing anything

The point being there are no options left. You went through the system and the system was tainted before the process even got to begin.

Bruh, I'm well aware they are challenging the results, what you honestly expect the result to be when the ones who compromised it are the ones who are trusted to fix their errors?

I'm not off base, the system failed. I need people to realize the system failed.

All you have left now is civil disobedience, outrage, and protest.

It's a basic point I'm making. GA was robbed of it's first black woman governor due to voting suppression.

Hell of an ironic situation, is it not?

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
The point being there are no options left. You went through the system and the system was tainted before the process even got to begin.

Bruh, I'm well aware they are challenging the results, what you honestly expect the result to be when the ones who compromised it are the ones who are trusted to fix their errors?

I'm not off base, the system failed. I need people to realize the system failed.
So again do I expect it to change by the very ppl that caused it, no I don't but for you to sit here and call them gutless when they are doing something and to paint such a broad stroke what that statement is stupid and only inspires a defeatist attitude

All you have left now is civil disobedience, outrage, and protest.

It's a basic point I'm making. GA was robbed of it's first black woman governor due to voting suppression.

Hell of an ironic situation, is it not?
So again you're not not putting in your input what they should do by your standards, what should they do
And
Yea the state, and Abrams where rob horribly by this bullshit

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So again do I expect it to change by the very ppl that caused it, no I don't but for you to sit here and call them gutless when they are doing something and to paint such a broad stroke what that statement is stupid and only inspires a defeatist attitude

So again you're not not putting in your input what they should do by your standards, what should they do
And
GA should be rioting right now

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Huh...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...ion-georgia/tcycVrH5m0pJ9SQC7XwiWP/story.html

"Hundreds arrived Tuesday at their designated sites only to find their right to vote denied. Under Kemp, more than 1.4 million people have been purged from the state's voter rolls. This year, he suspended53,000 voter registration applications, 70 percent of them belonging to African-Americans. They were victims of the state's "exact match" policy, meaning their registration forms did not precisely match personal information in government databases.

After an expected uproar, Kemp's office claimed those people would be allowed to vote. That, of course, was a lie. Kemp had his thumb on the scale all along, and never had any intention of removing it."

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kemp, who won, was the secretary of state in GA.

He was literally overseeing how voting was conducted.

You can read about one of this schemes here.

https://www.gregpalast.com/georgias...0134-voters-falsely-asserting-they-had-moved/

Here is a short version that should give you an idea as to what went down and how though.
How can this possibly stand?

I realize our shit is broken right now but this is so cut and dry that, if nothing else, the election results should be null and void

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
What does this mean exactly? He went to the polls and they said he couldn't vote? Or he can his vote but somehow wasn't counted?

See my post above. Basically...

"They were victims of the state's "exact match" policy, meaning their registration forms did not precisely match personal information in government databases."

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017

And

My gutless comment is targeting liberal electorate, not the actual players at hand.

They are going to be quick to shrug this off and let it slide, I refuse to let that happen.

What needs to be done?

1. Storm the capital yesterday
2. Organized political protest
2b Petition for the House to investigate this corruption
3. Loud messaging through social media and regular media
4. Physically bar Kemp from entering his seat. Do not allow him to enter the governor's mansion
5. Did I say be loud? Get louder
6. Demand Republicans to offer an new candidate and rerun the election

This is movement time right now.

#CantSilenceOurVote or sum shit, catchy hashtag and all that bull

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Seems intentionally obstructive. He needs to be challenged in court at the very least. Better yet those purged should march on Kemps office. Some tens of thousands would be a good number.

Oct 29, 2017
The race has to been called yet, and several countys' mail in ballots haven't been counted in full yet. And it's just so happens that those counties are expected to lean D, and are expected to be a minimum of 77k ballots.

There's still a chance she wins, if they can delay Kemp's team from pushing a call of victory today.

It's bullshit, but I'm proud of the many people who got out to vote for Abrams in my state yesterday. It's a close one.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
He was also overseeing election proceedings in his area...as one of the candidates that people were voting for.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
My gutless comment is targeting liberal electorate, not the actual players at hand.

They are going to be quick to shrug this off and let it slide, I refuse to let that happen.

What needs to be done?

1. Storm the capital yesterday
2. Organized political protest
2b Petition for the House to investigate this corruption
3. Loud messaging through social media and regular media
4. Physically bar Kemp from entering his seat. Do not allow him to enter the governor's mansion
5. Did I say be loud? Get louder
6. Demand Republicans to offer an new candidate and rerun the election

This is movement time right now.

#CantSilenceOurVote or sum shit, catchy hashtag and all that bull
Yes I agree but you realize it's not even been a day yet and you preaching like a man with no hope

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The race has to been called yet, and several countys' mail in ballots haven't been counted in full yet. And it's just so happens that those counties are expected to lean D, and are expected to be a minimum of 77k ballots.

There's still a chance she wins, if they can delay Kemp's team from pushing a call of victory today.

It's bullshit, but I'm proud of the many people who got out to vote for Abrams in my state yesterday. It's a close one.

Nah, she's not going to win. Kemp controls the elections, and conservative news outlets are painting her as a sore loser, which would cause her to lose in a runoff.

Best she can do is bring media attention to the state to bring light to the issue.

Oct 29, 2017
Nah, she's not going to win. Kemp controls the elections, and conservative news outlets are painting her as a sore loser, which would cause her to lose in a runoff.

Best she can do is bring media attention to the state.

A runoff obviously favors Kemp, but a conservative media outlet painting her as a sore loser isn't really going to change GA conservatives minds about her at this point. The race is close enough that the folks who voted for her aren't seeing her as a sore loser at all. They're holding out hope that something can be done. Or, you know, at the very least count 100% of the ballots in the state before calling it.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
I'm just angry bro

Black people getting their voice taken like it's goddamn Jim Crow in 2018

And she's a candidate that will do alot of good for us.

Makes me mad yo
I understand that but your attitude ain't helping its only making ppl feel like what's the point in voting, if I was on the fence about voting and you approached me with that attitude and tone I'd walk away and no give one fuck about voting, your solution is obviously right as to what should happen protest and other things

But the way you phrase it it reads like an attack on Abrams herself and other democrats so add more context and change up the tone. All I'm saying is that defeatist shit don't inspire anyone only actively hurts the moral of the group
Keep the message change the tone

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not even surprised, but the numbers are close.

Despite the L at least I have the laugh knowing Kemp can't win without cheating. Hopefully they continue looking into it and drag it out.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
It's wild how this post is responding to a call to action.

In other words, the opposite of giving up hope.

Just admit that you, and you alone, read the posts wrong and move on.
I was talking about the 1st post he made bruh not the last ones I agreed on ,the one he said gutless the tone wasnt calling anything to action read the other post

Last edited:

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have never heard of anything like this before (I'm from the UK) how the hell is the something like this not prevented in the law? This is absolute madness, of course he was going to win, when you have that amount of control

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Kemp was pretty bold in his abuse of power. Hope Abrams gets a fair election eventually .

Status
Not open for further replies.